The Student Room Group

I've decided I'm only wearing trackies from now on

Men of TSR, where do you buy your tracksuit bottoms? I'd like something that looks decent, has some bagginess, comfortable obviously. Will buy 4-5 pairs in black and grey colours and wear them instead of jeans everyday.

Girls, you like trackies?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Any sports store should sell them. Why are you opting only for trackies?
no i dont like trackies. i think the last time i wore trackies was back in the 90's when everyone use to have the little pop buttons right up to their hip. http://www.forgottenthings.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/poppers.jpeg the horror

i wear jeans like everyday :biggrin: nothing wrong with that ! i have like 20 pairs ha. i do own others like jodhpurs and yoga pants sweatpants.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
You'll get bored eventually.
Reply 4
Original post by Kiss
Any sports store should sell them. Why are you opting only for trackies?

I tried JD sports and Sports Direct but didn't think the ones they had were acceptable for everyday clothing.

I'm starting to take lifting seriously and my body is changing everyday. None of my jeans fit now and I spent ridiculous amount of money on them so I'm gonna forget about fashion for a few years and just wear trackies and a simple t-shirt every day.

That and they're so comfortable that I hate wearing anything else now since I started wearing them last week. Going to Zara after exams to stock up on t shirts like the ones below in a few different coulours, get some high tops, a few trackies and that's it for clothes for a while.

http://www.zara.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/uk/en/zara-S2012/204005/632106/DELUXE%2BT-SHIRT
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by modini
You'll get bored eventually.

Well I'm dropping all of my jeans and pants off to a charity and I won't have to money to spend on new clothes so won't have a choice really.
Original post by Rescue Remedy
no i dont like trackies. i think the last time i wore trackies was back in the 90's when everyone use to have the little pop buttons right up to their hip. http://www.forgottenthings.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/poppers.jpeg the horror

Ha! And the old Kappa ones?
Reply 7
Original post by 0906079
Well I'm dropping all of my jeans and pants off to a charity and I won't have to money to spend on new clothes so won't have a choice really.

Why have you suddenly decided to take such extreme measures? Why do you only want to wear trackies?
Reply 8
Original post by Bey Taco
Why have you suddenly decided to take such extreme measures? Why do you only want to wear trackies?

They don't fit me anymore bro. I have some Diesel and G Star jeans bought a few months ago for £80 ea and they don't fit me. I tried wearing a belt with them but it just makes me stupid because the belt scrambles them up from the top. I'd buy some new ones but I know in a month they won't fit me either because my body's changing so much.

The shop I'm dropping it off to is run by my former teacher and they resell all the donated products and spend 100% of the money towards sending mosquito nets to Africa so I'm not even that mad about the money wasted.
Original post by KimKallstrom

i dont remember those ones but everything back then was dreadful. remember those big puffy jackets ? or was that early noughties hmm
Reply 10
Original post by Rescue Remedy
i dont remember those ones but everything back then was dreadful. remember those big puffy jackets ? or was that early noughties hmm

LOL Poppers. I use to have a pair of them :biggrin: But I was like 8. 90s was really bad for fashion hahaha It was really chavvy!
THIS DISGUSTS ME :mad:

I HATE IT :ahee:
Reply 12
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
THIS DISGUSTS ME :mad:

I HATE IT :ahee:

ydoe
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 0906079

I don't see anything :mad:
Reply 14
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
I don't see anything :mad:

Okaysadface.jpg

ydoe
I'm not trying to persuade against it, but unfortunately trackies carry stereotypes such as "chav". If that genuinely doesn't bother you at all, that's good :smile:
Original post by 0906079
Okaysadface.jpg

ydoe

NO :mad:

It is...it is...wrong:colonhash:

IT IS WRONG :mad:
Just buy some plain black/navy/grey Nike ones with the tick above the pocket? Or opt for the Canterbury's that everyone seems to consider formalwear in a lecture theatre.
Reply 18
Original post by KimKallstrom

And Slazenger :cool: and ofcourse Fila :lol:

...oh the good days
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by 0906079
Men of TSR, where do you buy your tracksuit bottoms? I'd like something that looks decent, has some bagginess, comfortable obviously. Will buy 4-5 pairs in black and grey colours and wear them instead of jeans everyday.

Are you sure you just want tracksuit bottoms? What about jogging bottoms and track shorts? Also some cargo pants have expandable waists?

e.g.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending