The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wilfred Little

They would be a bit more versatile plus I do have some blazers already, dark blue low ones.

I REALLY want some dark blue low blazers? Where did you get them?
Reply 9821
Original post by Tsunami2011
What cologne would people recommend? Just something understated, and not too overbearing.

Marc Jacobs Men is really nice and subtle, and Marc Jacobs Bang is spicier but still fairly light. Also try Issey Miyake L'Eau d'Issey Pour Homme.

Original post by Hectorious

Need wallet. Love this style. Can't remember where it's from (maybe Burberry). Tell me if you see anything like it. What are your wallets guys?

Looks like Comme des Garcons to me.
What cologne would people recommend? Just something understated, and not too overbearing.

I always liked YSL L'homme or Dior Homme Sport :smile:
A&F Fierce is nice though! :smile:
Reply 9823
Original post by cl_steele
I always liked YSL L'homme or Dior Homme Sport :smile:
A&F Fierce is nice though! :smile:

Definitely A&F Fierce, not cheap though!
Original post by Ryan44

ah true true, smells divine but id rather not fork out, what is it like £90 or something for it now?!
Reply 9825
Original post by Peachz
Went to No 1 Lombar street for dinner with my Grandad today, it's amazing how many people, despite having all this money, wear off the rack ****e from M&S. Whilst there's nothing wrong with M&S in itself, but when you consider how much money they have, you'd think they'd at least invest in a decent suit.

That's why they stay rich they don't spend :sexface:

If you see them at a fancy event they will look like totally different people though

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Reply 9826
I have some blatantly obvious questions, but given the length of this thread I'm sure you guys are deep in discussion. *watches intently from afar* :tongue:
Best tie colour to match with a light grey suit with a white shirt?

Thinking of a red knitted tie such as: http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/Ties-&-Cufflinks/Red-Knitted-Silk-Tie-Nick-Bronson/72467 but not too sure. thanks
Original post by AjCorbell
I tried so many colours on in the shop but couldn't decide on one so still thinking about it.

Also I think yes they'd look good with chinos, they look good with black jeans too, and I tried them on with fairly light blue years and they looked good too. They are fairly versatile considering they are bright red shoes :tongue:

Not really a jeans person, chinos look better on me, better fit etc.

Original post by smalltownboy
I REALLY want some dark blue low blazers? Where did you get them?

From Size mate, they're still in there I think.

Decide on a budget then go from there. It also makes a difference when you're going to be wearing it. If it's an everyday scent then Infusion d'Homme by Prada and L'Eau D'issey by Issey Miyake are good choices and can be worn all year round. The former is a clean, soapy scent and the latter is a fresh, earthy aquatic. You could even try Fahrenheit by Dior as it's different and you won't get many people in their early 20's wearing it. Allure Homme Sport by Chanel is also a great choice for an all round scent, especially good for summer.

If it's for night time or going out then I'd recommend something like Versace's The Dreamer, it's reasonably priced and is gold imo, a great scent. Anything by Dior actually.

I would avoid anything by Calvin Klein, Gucci and Paco Rabanne.
Reply 9829
Sex Panther is my personal favourite cologne.
Original post by Ryan44

I was given this as a present. It was nice at first but you go off it quickly, it smells very artificial and oily. Not worth the money.
Reply 9831
Original post by Kennyy
Sex Panther is my personal favourite cologne.

Been watching Anchorman? :p:
Think I've been de-subbed, so re-subbing :ninja:

Desperately need a new pair of slim dark jeans, and some smart trainers. Wanted some Sebago Docksides to kick the summer off but they'll have to wait for now.
Original post by joestevens2092

Thinking of a red knitted tie such as: http://www.liberty.co.uk/fcp/product/Liberty/Ties-&-Cufflinks/Red-Knitted-Silk-Tie-Nick-Bronson/72467 but not too sure. thanks

Tbh a grey suit and white shirt are pretty versatile, you can wear almost any tie you want. That red one would look fine.
Original post by joestevens2092

I'm wearing a light grey suit with a white shirt now oddly enough!

This is the tie I went for... :wink:

photo (1).JPG
Reply 9835
Original post by ConnorB
I'm wearing a light grey suit with a white shirt now oddly enough!

This is the tie I went for... :wink:

photo (1).JPG

Do you have collar bones/stiffeners? As your shirt collar is really curling over.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Mess.
Do you have collar bones/stiffeners? As your shirt collar is really curling over.

I know :/ annoyingly this shirt doesn't have the collar bone stiffener pockets
Reply 9837
Original post by ConnorB
I know :/ annoyingly this shirt doesn't have the collar bone stiffener pockets

Very annoying! The tie is nice though, has a real Spring feel to the outfit :yep:

Original post by Mess.
Very annoying! The tie is nice though, has a real Spring feel to the outfit :yep:

ahh thanks :smile: Hopefully this week will fare a lot better weatherwise! can only hope! :rolleyes:
Reply 9839
Opinions on this? I really like it but not sure if I'd get the use out of it seeing as the british summer is poor weather :biggrin: Also, I don't tend to wear 'wacky' stuff so I'd have to try it on 1st

http://www.riverisland.com/Online/men/shirts/short-sleeve-shirts/blue-tropical-print-shirt--258631

Latest