The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Broadgate Park for nursing students?

Hi,
I have chosen my firm course as the Masters of nursing science at Nottingham and my insurance as the bsc nursing course at Nottingham.
Just wondering if anyone knows if Broadgate Park would be a good/bad choice of accomodation for a nursing course (Will have lots of lectures and will need to be at the QMC very early)
Thankyou, Rachel :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Here is a map of the campus: http://www.nottingham.ac.uk/sharedresources/documents/mapuniversitypark.pdf

Broadgate Park is on one side of campus and the QMC is on the other side. You could probably make the journey on foot in around 30 minutes. Also, if you are running late, or just don't feel like the walk, there are good bus services that go from just outside Broadgate Park to the front of the QMC, e.g. 36 or Y36, both are £1 per trip for students (and NHS staff, I think).
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
My flatmate in BGP did midwifery, she got along just fine. I'm engineering and had a similar amount of 9ams, with a similar distance to travel. My bike got me to lectures in 15 minutes, and to the QMC in 20.
I recommend you invest in some ear plugs though...
Reply 3
Hi rachel! Have you booked a place at BGP yet? oh and what branch are you going into?

Just to let you know, I started the nursing course last year and I lived in bgp. It takes me just around 25 mins walking with friends to get from one side of the campus, however if your in a hurry you can take about 15 mins power walking and some sneaky shortcuts! there will be a quite a few nurses around you so bgp is a pretty good choice in my opinion. Although you're not on campus there, you're much closer than raleigh is to any of the freshers events or any of the campus events (like joining a society or just general hanging out by the lake). oh Im thinking of my first year now and its making me miss it! :smile:

If you want any advice on your first year nursing or generally anything about notts send me a message sometime! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi I have also chosen my firm course as the Masters of nursing science :smile: I have chosen Broadgate park (en-suite) so I hope I made the right choice. Does anyone know what facilities there are and what kind of space you have (e.g.in the kitchens is it one cupboard each or something?)
Rachel what branch of nursing are you going to be studying? x
Reply 5
Original post by kirsten94
Hi I have also chosen my firm course as the Masters of nursing science :smile: I have chosen Broadgate park (en-suite) so I hope I made the right choice. Does anyone know what facilities there are and what kind of space you have (e.g.in the kitchens is it one cupboard each or something?)
Rachel what branch of nursing are you going to be studying? x

Hey i also firmed for masters of nursing science for the child branch which branch will u be doing ?? chose broadgate park (en suite) as well :L glad to find some more nurses in broadgate :biggrin: When we went for a tour of broadgate it was a cupboard each then everything else shared I think :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by nina123
Hey i also firmed for masters of nursing science for the child branch which branch will u be doing ?? chose broadgate park (en suite) as well :L glad to find some more nurses in broadgate :biggrin: When we went for a tour of broadgate it was a cupboard each then everything else shared I think :smile:

Hi! child branch too! :smile: oh my gosh I'm so glad someone else is in broadgate, a lot of people seem to have gone for raleigh park. Oh ok thank you, can you remember if it was a big cupboard? :tongue:
Reply 7
Hi! child branch too! :smile: oh my gosh I'm so glad someone else is in broadgate, a lot of people seem to have gone for raleigh park. Oh ok thank you, can you remember if it was a big cupboard? :tongue:

Hahaa yeah I know I was starting to worry that I would be walking to QMC on my own everyday :L so glad to find another masters of nursing science person :biggrin: oh lord I didn't look that in depth but I'm pretty sure they were reasonably big :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by nina123
Hahaa yeah I know I was starting to worry that I would be walking to QMC on my own everyday :L so glad to find another masters of nursing science person :biggrin: oh lord I didn't look that in depth but I'm pretty sure they were reasonably big :smile:

Haha ok i was just wondering if i will end up with kitchen stuff in my room, like pans etc :tongue: When i was at the visit day they said that most nurses tend to go for raleigh park :/ what made you choose broadgate park? I really hope i get the grades cause the masters sounds awesome! Although apparently a lot of people have dropped out in the past :/
Reply 9
Haha ok i was just wondering if i will end up with kitchen stuff in my room, like pans etc :tongue: When i was at the visit day they said that most nurses tend to go for raleigh park :/ what made you choose broadgate park? I really hope i get the grades cause the masters sounds awesome! Although apparently a lot of people have dropped out in the past :/

Hahha I think they should be big enough otherwise yes we will be sleeping with our pans :P to be honest I just loved it when I went to visit it and I like the fact that it's the biggest I wanted to meet as many different people as possible from all courses not just the people on my course :biggrin: how about you why did you chose it?? I know I'm starting to panic now that I want get in via it's like the perfect course :/ but I think high drop out rate is common with nursing as a whole subject not just masters :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by nina123
Hahha I think they should be big enough otherwise yes we will be sleeping with our pans :P to be honest I just loved it when I went to visit it and I like the fact that it's the biggest I wanted to meet as many different people as possible from all courses not just the people on my course :biggrin: how about you why did you chose it?? I know I'm starting to panic now that I want get in via it's like the perfect course :/ but I think high drop out rate is common with nursing as a whole subject not just masters :smile:

Haha I don't really fancy sleeping with kitchen equipment :P Yeah same, I like the idea of getting to know people doing all different courses rather than just those doing nursing :smile: it looked really clean which I liked and quite simplistic. I also think walking to QMC through the campus would be nicer than walking along streets and I think it gives you a better chance to be on campus and part of the university :smile: yeah it is, I hate revising at the minute too because I feel like I'm drowning in it -_- but hopefully it will all be worth it :smile:
Reply 11
Haha I don't really fancy sleeping with kitchen equipment :P Yeah same, I like the idea of getting to know people doing all different courses rather than just those doing nursing :smile: it looked really clean which I liked and quite simplistic. I also think walking to QMC through the campus would be nicer than walking along streets and I think it gives you a better chance to be on campus and part of the university :smile: yeah it is, I hate revising at the minute too because I feel like I'm drowning in it -_- but hopefully it will all be worth it :smile:

Same i can't seem to concentrate atm :/ what subjects are you studying?? :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by nina123
Same i can't seem to concentrate atm :/ what subjects are you studying?? :smile:

Biology, Psychology, P.E and Health and Social Care :smile:. Biology is my worst subject because its the one I am least good at so I'm revising less for it because I want my other grades to be minimum ABB (its silly I know but I need those grades :/) what about you? what are you studying?
Reply 13
Biology, Psychology, P.E and Health and Social Care :smile:. Biology is my worst subject because its the one I am least good at so I'm revising less for it because I want my other grades to be minimum ABB (its silly I know but I need those grades :/) what about you? what are you studying?

I took biology, psychology, geography and we have to do welsh baccalaureate :frown: but I have passed that already and it's worth an A which is brill :smile: I'm also ignoring biology :L concentrating on psychology and geography for the two B's I need :L
Reply 14
Original post by nina123
I took biology, psychology, geography and we have to do welsh baccalaureate :frown: but I have passed that already and it's worth an A which is brill :smile: I'm also ignoring biology :L concentrating on psychology and geography for the two B's I need :L

..what's a welsh baccalaureate? :s-smilie: well done on getting an A in it! that must take some pressure off I guess (although probably not enough). what are your target grades for your other subjects? I kinda feel bad for ignoring biology but I really need the others so I'm hoping its worth it in the end! :smile:
Reply 15
..what's a welsh baccalaureate? :s-smilie: well done on getting an A in it! that must take some pressure off I guess (although probably not enough). what are your target grades for your other subjects? I kinda feel bad for ignoring biology but I really need the others so I'm hoping its worth it in the end! :smile:

Lol it's really hard to describe just basically loads of coursework type stuff :/ but once you pass it's worth 120 Ucas points so I can't complain :P I'm predicted A's for the other three so hopefully I will get those B's :biggrin: bio is my last exam so it's just slipped to back of my mind :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by nina123
Lol it's really hard to describe just basically loads of coursework type stuff :/ but once you pass it's worth 120 Ucas points so I can't complain :P I'm predicted A's for the other three so hopefully I will get those B's :biggrin: bio is my last exam so it's just slipped to back of my mind :s-smilie:

oh hahaa well at least its worth it! whoa all A's! well you're a clever cookie! haha your definitely going to get the minimum B's you need :P
Reply 17
oh hahaa well at least its worth it! whoa all A's! well you're a clever cookie! haha your definitely going to get the minimum B's you need :P

Ohh Hahaa not to sure about that after my geography exam :/ but 2 down now and one to go :biggrin: fingers crossed for those B's for you as well :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by nina123
Ohh Hahaa not to sure about that after my geography exam :/ but 2 down now and one to go :biggrin: fingers crossed for those B's for you as well :smile:

aww was it not a good exam? I'm sure you will have done well :smile: how well did all your other ones go? haha yeah and 1 A! .. I hope I get them, now its just an extremely long wait until results day -_-
Reply 19
Original post by nina123

aww was it not a good exam? I'm sure you will have done well :smile: how well did all your other ones go? haha yeah and 1 A! .. I hope I get them, now its just an extremely long wait until results day -_-

Mehh wasn't brill :frown: had psych on monday which was good and biology today was ok but all finished now!!! How did yours go?? Hopefully a bit better than mine :P
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest