The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anisaar
I've worked at Waitrose for almost a year now, but intend to finish there at the beginning of September to go to Uni in Manchester.

If I could, I'd ask for a transfer to another branch, but if I remember rightly, the nearest John Lewis/Waitrose is in Cheadle. I'm lost! I don't really want to get another job because I like the security and conditions of the job I have, but it's completely necessary that I get a part time job while I'm at Uni. What do you reckon my options are?

Hi If you wanted to transfer branch as a "student", I suspect you have left it too late! You could always ask your senior management team if you could come back as a "temp" at Christmas and Easter.
Lucy King
Hi If you wanted to transfer branch as a "student", I suspect you have left it too late! You could always ask your senior management team if you could come back as a "temp" at Christmas and Easter.

will you apply to M & S food like I suggested :smile:
Reply 62
Could someone who has access to the website check the pay-date for this month. Pretty please?
I forgot to ask for my code thing today, and need to organise holidays/overtime, but this months pay needs to be high for me!
Reply 63
its the 25th this month
Reply 64
Did anyone apply for a job at Waitrose online? How long did they take to get back to you?

I sent an application off last Wednesday but all it says is Application Received. Does the status change once they have actually looked at the application?

Thanks
Reply 65
mills
its the 25th this month

Cheeeers :biggrin:
Reply 66
flipshot
Did anyone apply for a job at Waitrose online? How long did they take to get back to you?

I sent an application off last Wednesday but all it says is Application Received. Does the status change once they have actually looked at the application?

Thanks

yea it does change, your next step will prob be book your group interview or unsuccessful application.
Reply 67
flipshot

Thanks

I applied for one last night and they got back to me this morning. That's probably because the store is opening in a few weeks so they need to get it ready. It probably won't be too long (my cousin applied a little while ago and he got a response about a week later).

Thanks for all the tips about the group interview. I'm not the most confident person but I guess I'm going to have to make myself confident for those couple of hours.
What are they looking for when they do the 'sell this item' bit? Any tips on that section or the interview in general?
Reply 68
Mutinta
I applied for one last night and they got back to me this morning. That's probably because the store is opening in a few weeks so they need to get it ready. It probably won't be too long (my cousin applied a little while ago and he got a response about a week later).

Thanks for all the tips about the group interview. I'm not the most confident person but I guess I'm going to have to make myself confident for those couple of hours.
What are they looking for when they do the 'sell this item' bit? Any tips on that section or the interview in general?

Don't panic about the interviews as you are a "new" branch the chances are they won't be like that anyway as there will not be in products on the shelf to sell! If you do have to sell something as I said at my branch they always do an oven glove and an apron. Just say something like this is a Butches Stripe Oven Glove, it is John Lewis branded and other items in the range are Apron, Oven Mitt, Hat etc...

If you have any further questions please feel free to post on here or PM me.

Thanks
Lucy
Reply 69
Thanks for the replies, got an email today. Unfortunately they haven't shortlisted me for an interview though.
Reply 70
flipshot
Thanks for the replies, got an email today. Unfortunately they have shortlisted me for an interview though.

what a shame lol, good luck with the interview.:smile:
Reply 71
mills
what a shame lol, good luck with the interview.:smile:

Woops, made a bit of a mistake there. Should have put haven't lol.
Reply 72
flipshot
Woops, made a bit of a mistake there. Should have put haven't lol.

o well in that case sorry to make a bad situation worse.:redface:
Reply 73
I've got a second interview coming up for Fresh Foods - any tips?

After reading through other threads, it seems that it varies between store to store although everyone seems to be just led through the store on a tour, and asked simple questions like 'Would you like to work here?"...
Reply 74
sunspoon

Be confident, but not cocky. SMILE, make eye contact, wear appropriate clothing, and have an answer ready for "why do you want to work at Waitrose?"

Just completed another 9am-6pm shift at Waitrose today. :smile: Thank god it is over.
Reply 75
UltimateJ
Be confident, but not cocky. SMILE, make eye contact, wear appropriate clothing, and have an answer ready for "why do you want to work at Waitrose?"

Just completed another 9am-6pm shift at Waitrose today. :smile: Thank god it is over.

Cheers, I'll take that onboard. You seem to be loving working there at the moment :rolleyes:
Reply 76
sunspoon
Cheers, I'll take that onboard. You seem to be loving working there at the moment :rolleyes:

No problem.

Oh, and by the way, I am probably making it sound worse than it is, a lot of the time it is fairly easy and you can just chat to people and time passes by. But sometimes it is pretty dam boring/tedious/frustrating :smile:
Reply 77
Yeah. I did 8-5 today, just like every other saturday. I always dread going in, but once I'm there it's alright, people are cool, but sometimes the time just goes sooo slowly.
Reply 78
sunspoon

After reading through other threads, it seems that it varies between store to store although everyone seems to be just led through the store on a tour, and asked simple questions like 'Would you like to work here?"...

Basically yes that is it, just be polite, don't fall asleep and you should be ok are you seeing a personell manager or the section manager on this interview. Anyway good luck and if you have any further questions please post on here or PM me.

Thanks
Lucy
Reply 79
Lucy King
Basically yes that is it, just be polite, don't fall asleep and you should be ok are you seeing a personell manager or the section manager on this interview. Anyway good luck and if you have any further questions please post on here or PM me.

Thanks
Lucy

I'm seeing the Section Manager. I had the Personnel Manager take charge of the group interview last week though.

Latest

Trending

Trending