The Student Room Group
Don't put anything in your CV that isn't relevant. Do the bar job if you need the cash.
Reply 2
It's not really worth putting on your CV. By the time you have your degree, you'll be looking at chartered status and relevant work experience. Bar work isn't terribly relevant, but by all means, if you need some cash, go for it :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Any work experience can be a bonus, that doesn't mean it makes the cut onto a CV.

If you are looking for a job in accounting, your CV should only contain the skills specifically required for the accounting role you are applying for.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6
cruciform
I'm talking about the summer after the first year of uni. Wouldn't the summer bar work boost my application by the time I graduate and start looking for a job?

Employers are looking for relevant experience. I've worked in a wholesalers, but now that I'm studying CompSci, for professional qualifications, have experience in industry etc, I no longer need to show I've used my time wisely. The bar work is pretty irrelevant, unless you're applying for bar work. Of course, money is money, but I wouldn't put it on your CV.

Latest

Trending

Trending