The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London International Politics Offer Holders/Applicants

I thought I'd make a thread for those that hold an offer for International Politics or are still waiting for one. Also, it seems, a place for where we can discuss when official confirmation will arrive on UCAS.

If you wish, feel free to share grades/work experience. :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
offer from City, Nottingham, leicester and Birmingham rejected from LSE
predicted grades AAAB (actual AS grades ABBCC)
didnt do any work experiance,
all of them are asking for ABB part from notts -AAB
erm, city and nottingham replyed quite quick. birmingham took AGES.

anyone got an offer from LSE?
(edited 13 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
This is in the King's College London forum.
Sorry if that wasn't clear, I shall change the thread title.
Reply 3
I have an offer! YAY
Reply 4
Original post by gausie_jr
I have an offer! YAY

Well done. When did you get it?
Reply 5
I too have applied. Now am just waiting for a reply. Applied around the first week of December. Do you take the IB or A-levels?
I'm still waiting. Applied at the end of September!
Hi all,

I'm currently reading International Politics at KCL, so would be happy to answer any questions you might have, also want to get as much disinformation off the site as possible.

Regards,

VA
Original post by VolcanicArmado
Hi all,

I'm currently reading International Politics at KCL, so would be happy to answer any questions you might have, also want to get as much disinformation off the site as possible.

Regards,

VA

I posted this comment in another thread to another pupil, I suppose the exact same message applies here! :

"It's great to hear that confirmed by a current student at KCL! May I ask when you received your offer? I've applied to International Studies as well, is it funded differently to the International Politics degree, or are the bursary's etc the same?

Also, are there many mature students on the International Studies course? It seems tailored for those who have already started a career.
Reply 9
Hi

1. would you choose warwick over king's?
Original post by dorian gray

Original post by dorian gray
I posted this comment in another thread to another pupil, I suppose the exact same message applies here! :

"It's great to hear that confirmed by a current student at KCL! May I ask when you received your offer? I've applied to International Studies as well, is it funded differently to the International Politics degree, or are the bursary's etc the same?

Also, are there many mature students on the International Studies course? It seems tailored for those who have already started a career.

Hi in response to your questions I received my offer quite early on to be honest, didn't take them that long to get around to it. In my knowledge the bursary system for International Politics and International Studies are the same, as the programmes are almost identical and within the same department. No not really, while there are quite a few mature students (22-26 age) the course is directed primarily at those going into work first time. That's why there is a work placement and extensive teachings on research methods and the like to prepare students for the world of work. Having said that, if you are already working it still offers a lot of skills and will benefit you. One of my friends went to Uni for a year, decided he didn't like it, worked for 2/3 years and then has come back to study.

Original post by Est.
1. would you choose warwick over king's?

As a King's student no. Apart from anything else we have the 3rd best Politics department in the UK and being in London is quite frankly awesome. Try and avoid King's College Halls of Residence though, food is so-so and it's a bit too far out for my liking.
Reply 12
As a King's student no. Apart from anything else we have the 3rd best Politics department in the UK and being in London is quite frankly awesome. Try and avoid King's College Halls of Residence though, food is so-so and it's a bit too far out for my liking.

hmm. i've lived in london all my life :tongue:
well, it will be a difficult choice if i get offers from both. i dont have those offers yet, so i may not have to make such a difficult decision.

thanks for your reply
Reply 13
Hey, I've applied to International politics as well, but no offer yet.
Not too worried about it though, because I've heard they usually take quite some time to respond?
Oh, and I applied around the end of November. :smile:

gausie_jr : An AAB offer?
I'm still waiting and applied in the first week of December. The admissions tutor told me that I'll hear from them by the end of January and still got nothing, so I'm not expecting an offer.

I'm assuming they so far gave out offers only to students who already got their results. Did anyone get an offer, who not already got his A-level results?

Are you able to choose modules from the War Studies department?
Reply 15
Recieved an offer at 16th of February, also recieving an offer from Sheffield (International Relations) and can't make up my mind of which one to choose. Can anyone give a piece of advise?
Reply 16
Original post by brophion
Recieved an offer at 16th of February, also recieving an offer from Sheffield (International Relations) and can't make up my mind of which one to choose. Can anyone give a piece of advise?

CONGRATSSS! what kind of offer did u get. n if it was conditional what was the offer? I'm so jealous! i got my friend in england to call Todd n he said that we should hear everything by the end of next week or at the latest at the beginning of april. gargh! I envy u so MUCH! :biggrin:
Reply 17
I got an offer too last week! for international politics AAB!
Reply 18
waiting on an offer. submitted my example of written work last weekend. so far got a rejection from LSE IR/history and an offer from SOAS eco+pol.
on a gap year, got 3 A's last year.
Reply 19
still waiting for a reply for International Politics...

Quick Reply

Latest