The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick 2012 POSTGRADUATE Applicants

Hi all,

as there is a thread for 2012 undergraduate applicants I thought it would be good to have one for postgrads as well.

I have applied for the MSc Intercultural Communication for Business but I haven't heard back yet.

I also applied to Lancaster and I'm not sure yet which would be my preference if I got offers from both.

What have you applied for and have you heard anything yet?

There's also a Facebook group; please feel free to join :smile: https://www.facebook.com/groups/137932526340584/
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am in.

Let s celebrate!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Which course did you apply for? Did you get a conditional or an unconditional offer?
Reply 3
Unconditional. Msc Finance & Economics at WBS
applied to accounting and finance yesterday. hopefully i will hear from them in feb
Reply 5
conditional offer for Msc Economics. very happy :smile:
Reply 6
Hi all!

Got a conditional offer for English here (just have to send in my transcript) after a successful interview with two (joint) supervisors. The interview went incredibly well and now I'm just biding my time hoping for an international scholarship. Fingers crossed!

The waiting is already driving me crazy - Warwick is perfect for what I want to do, and I don't want to have to wait until the end of March for the scholarship results.

Any other English offers here? Or Arts/Humanities in general?
Reply 7
Hi fellow Warwickers to be!!

I got a conditional offer for MA International Political Economy. I just have to graduate from my undergraduate university (May 2012 :smile:) and send my transcripts to receive an unconditional. So happy!

As an international, I'm worried about accommodation!!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8
I got an offer for MSc Statistics, yesterday!
It took them less than 1 week to reply me, so when I received the e-mail I thought that they only wanted to confirm me that they have received my application or smth, (because they had said that I had to wait for at least 1 month until they decide).
When I read "We are delighted to inform you..." , I almost fall out of my chair......!!
Reply 9
Awaiting decisions from Oxford, Imperial, LSE, UCL, Cambridge
If I get multiple offers then it's going to be a hard decision for me.
Reply 10
:rolleyes:
Original post by Dreamer89
Hi fellow Warwickers to be!!

I got a conditional offer for MA International Political Economy. I just have to graduate from my undergraduate university (May 2012 :smile:) and send my transcripts to receive an unconditional. So happy!

As an international, I'm worried about accommodation!!

What grades did they want you to get? I got an offer but I'm not sure if it's conditional or unconditional! I received a welcome letter and everything but no conditions :s-smilie: Did it explicitly state on your offer that it's conditional?
Reply 11
Original post by Steffis

What grades did they want you to get? I got an offer but I'm not sure if it's conditional or unconditional! I received a welcome letter and everything but no conditions :s-smilie: Did it explicitly state on your offer that it's conditional?

Have you already graduated?
In my offered it stated that it's conditional. (to graduate)
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by Spairos
Have you already graduated?
In my offered it stated that it's conditional. (to graduate)

No, i'll graduate in summer like you. I just thought it'd say if i need a first or a 2:1
Reply 13
Original post by Steffis
No, i'll graduate in summer like you. I just thought it'd say if i need a first or a 2:1

So does it only say "you are offered a place"?
Could you copy-paste that region of the letter?
Reply 14
It says 'I am happy to inform you that your application has been successful and we look forward to welcoming you as a future potential student'. It goes on and says that i'll receive course contents and accommodation details in the next few weeks.

Quite confusing if you ask me. I'll just wait and see what will be said in the next email.
Reply 15
Original post by Steffis
It says 'I am happy to inform you that your application has been successful and we look forward to welcoming you as a future potential student'. It goes on and says that i'll receive course contents and accommodation details in the next few weeks.

Quite confusing if you ask me. I'll just wait and see what will be said in the next email.

Yeah, its weird, but if you are in a hurry you can e-mail them as well
Reply 16
Original post by Spairos
Yeah, its weird, but if you are in a hurry you can e-mail them as well

Yeah, I could do but I might as well just wait until I'll get an email from them in a couple of weeks. i'm not that much in a hurry :smile: I was just wondering what it said in everybody else's letters :smile:
Reply 17
Thats strange and it could be interpreted either way. My email is completely different and explicitly states "we would like to make you a conditional offer..." conditional on a 2.1 degree.
Reply 18
Original post by Steffis

Yeah it explicitly said it was conditional. If you haven't graduated from your undergraduate degree, they will only extend a conditional offer until you graduate and show proof.
Just while everyone's on the topic of conditional offers... I've got a conditional (on the provision of mailing in an oridinal transcript) but I can't find anywhere with information on how to do so. Or do you have to accept the offer first and then provide the transcript? I don't want to accept just yet as I'm waiting to see if I get any other offers...

Quick Reply

Latest