The Student Room Group

Anyone applying for Midwifery 2012?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I've applied to Manchester, York, Nottingham, Southampton and Cardiff. Got a letter from York yesterday inviting me for interview! So excited!! Haven't heard from any others.
I got AAAA at AS so fingers crossed this year.. Good luck to you all! :smile:
Reply 41
Hi all,

I have an interview at Worcester Uni on 11 April, so a bit of time to go! Havent heard from Plymouth or UWE yet. Whats everyones experiences of their interviews? Like you guys I am very excited but also very nervous!

Carly :-)
Original post by kradford
Hey guys,

Just joined TSR to check out how others are getting on with their applications for 2012.

I'm currently doing an Access Course in Nursing & Midwifery & volunteering at my local Surestart Centre which took so much hard work to get in at!

I've applied at Nottingham, Birmingham City, Sheffield, De Montfort & Northampton.

Haven't heard a peep yet from any!

Wishing you all the best of luck & hoping that your all as obsessed as me checking the post & emails 1000 times a day!! :/ x

i applied to Nottingham anad De Montfort too!!!!! Got offered an interview at De Montfort yesterday ..haven't heard from any of the others though :frown: you'll hear soon I'm sure!! xx
Reply 43
Original post by naomi_jc1993
i applied to Nottingham anad De Montfort too!!!!! Got offered an interview at De Montfort yesterday ..haven't heard from any of the others though :frown: you'll hear soon I'm sure!! xx

Ahh I got an offer for DMU too yesterday? 1st Feb too? Very exciting!! :smile: Still no peep from anyone else though either, they need to get a shimmy on i reckon! xx
Hi guys, has anyone got an interview as De Monfort on the 1st feb?
I have no idea what to expect so any help with the questions they will ask??
very exciting!!!!:biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by LongTallAnd

Hi,

Yep, I shall be there on the 1st Feb!

No idea either about what they may ask. The nurses got given a scenerio and had to explain what they would do as a student nurse so perhaps it could be something similar?
Always a good idea to have something to dicuss thats recently been in the news (I believe thats a common Q) and just to be able to reel off the roles of a midwife etc.

I'm sure i'll see you there, but good luck! x
Hi,

Yep, I shall be there on the 1st Feb!

No idea either about what they may ask. The nurses got given a scenerio and had to explain what they would do as a student nurse so perhaps it could be something similar?
Always a good idea to have something to dicuss thats recently been in the news (I believe thats a common Q) and just to be able to reel off the roles of a midwife etc.

I'm sure i'll see you there, but good luck! x

im so nervous!! but i loved the university on the open day.
its going to be so strange not knowing anyone whos going to be there either!!

yeah maybe, ive heard that it wont be anything to midwifery based like' what would you do if this happened' but more about what you know about the subject and why you want to be a midwife. ive got loads of expereince so fingers crossed (yn)

good luck to you too!! might have to stick together so were not alone!! x
mine's on the 1st february too but i need to try and change it as I have an exam at 9 the day after and live the other side of the country :/

hope i can!! if not it will be nice to meet some of you guys!! xx
Reply 48
im so nervous!! but i loved the university on the open day.
its going to be so strange not knowing anyone whos going to be there either!!

yeah maybe, ive heard that it wont be anything to midwifery based like' what would you do if this happened' but more about what you know about the subject and why you want to be a midwife. ive got loads of expereince so fingers crossed (yn)

good luck to you too!! might have to stick together so were not alone!! x

Absolutely, there's nothing like a bit of moral support :smile:
What are you up to at the minute? A levels, Access etc?xx
Reply 49
mine's on the 1st february too but i need to try and change it as I have an exam at 9 the day after and live the other side of the country :/

Argh exams hey! Bad timing but good luck!
They should be flexible with dates, I'm praying they are because I go to Australia for 5 weeks in a couple of weeks and of course it will be typical that all of my interviews (if I'm lucky enough to get short listed) will fall when I'm away!!

Be lovely to meet you if not though :smile: xx
Absolutely, there's nothing like a bit of moral support :smile:
What are you up to at the minute? A levels, Access etc?xx

im doing A levels at the minuite but came out with awful and awkward AS results so im praying i get the grades. what about you? :smile: x

the email i got said thy can change dates if you need to so i wouldnt worry :smile: if not will be lovely to see you :smile: x
oh right that's cool :smile: if any of you guys have facebook and wanna talk about interviews/offers or whatever message me and i'll send you the link to my profile :smile: don't come on here much and it'd be good to keep in touch with how you're all getting on xx don't worry if not though i know some people don't like giving facebook info out! x
Reply 53
How's everyone getting on?

I got a knock back from Sheffield but an interview for Northampton today! Wishing you all luck xxx
How's everyone getting on?

I got a knock back from Sheffield but an interview for Northampton today! Wishing you all luck xxx

good luck!!! was it sheffield hallam? ive not heard anything :frown: xx
Reply 55
Hey guys! Well done on your grades and interviews... All sound fab!

I have an interview for huddersfield on tuesday, and leeds next week! Quite nervous as I have had some experience but my grades at AS weren't brilliant :/ ..

What kind of questions do they ask?..
Anyone else applied here? Good luck with all your applications! :smile: xx
Reply 56
good luck!!! was it sheffield hallam? ive not heard anything :frown: xx

Yeah it was Hallam! Sounds promising for you then :smile: fingers crossed!!xx
Yeah it was Hallam! Sounds promising for you then :smile: fingers crossed!!xx

maybe but i might just be in a different batch to you :/ sorry for you not getting an interview :frown: you still going on wed? :smile: xx
Reply 58
I applied way back in September. I've had 3 interviews already and my 4th one is coming up soon. I'm still waiting to hear from my 5th choice. I won't find out the results of 2 of my interviews until March/April time and my other one has given out some offers and unsuccessfuls already but I haven't heard anything. I'm wondering if that means I'm on some sort of maybe list. Anyway, good luck everyone!

Hey! I have an interview at De Montfort on the 1st of feb too!! I have been doing some interview practice and the main ones will be why you want to be a midwife, what qualities you have to be a midwife etc. However, there may also be some unusual ones like asking you what the pay of a midwife is or about the NMC ect. Although this is also my first interview so don't take my word for it as lots of things could come up but this is what I have found out :smile: Good luck and probably see you there!

Quick Reply