The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4820
Original post by Lakhvir.Singh
ICT Project:
- Do print screens for all of testing

Computing:
- Comment at least 3 files

Are you doing BUSS2 this May by any chance? I found it very easy after looking at a few past exam papers at school which a friend of mine was doing and decided to take it up as an extra AS two weeks ago. I completed BUSS1 last week and plan to start and finish BUSS2 throughout next week.
Original post by Jellybeany
Okay :smile: but well done! How long did you spend revising for 02? I know it varies but im really struggling! Sorry for all of the questions :smile:

That's okay, I hope I'm being helpful. It's a shame that you didn't do the criminal law stuff cause I have a lot of notes typed up that I could send to you. Well for 02 I made notes as we went along with each handout and I only started 'properly' revising during Easter, memorising stuff, doing past papers etc.

Original post by Mocking_bird
When does everyone's study leave start?

Mine starts 18th May... and my first exam is the 16th May :facepalm:
Then the rest 21st till 24th.
So i'll have a grand total of a weekend of study leave before the bulk of my exams :laugh:

Mine starts on the 30th May (or around the end of May) my first exam is on the 14th May. Just why.
Original post by isp
Are you doing BUSS2 this May by any chance? I found it very easy after looking at a few past exam papers at school which a friend of mine was doing and decided to take it up as an extra AS two weeks ago. I completed BUSS1 last week and plan to start and finish BUSS2 throughout next week.

Hey :smile: I think I remember you from the BUSS3 thread, or am I going crazy? :tongue:

I'm not doing BUSS2 because I got an A this January haha :smile: I'm doing BUSS1 again :tongue: If you need any advice, please do ask :smile:

Oh and welcome to this thread xD
DONE my list, and good job too since my concentration was starting to waver majorly :P

* C2 - solving trigonometic equations
* C2 - trig identities
* C2 - Binomial expansion
* C2 - Recap radians
* Maybe attempt C2 past paper
<- started but decided to leave till properly finished spec and fully revised
* CHEM2 - Energetics definitions
* BIOL2 - Begin DNA revision
Only got Cell cycle/meiosis/mitosis to do now
* GEO1 - Begin to make notes from mark schemes.
Notes on all sorts.. tropical cyclones, OPEC, NIC's, Megacities, Increasing life expectancy in UK, evidence of global warming, renewable energy ... etc.
I'm struggling to revise geography to be honest, the text book just rambles on with itself.

So for the rest of my night i'll just be adding a few pages to the revision blog I started :smile:
Only got Dracula left to revise for today! :fangs:

I'm going to power through it!
Original post by Pensivedore
That's okay, I hope I'm being helpful. It's a shame that you didn't do the criminal law stuff cause I have a lot of notes typed up that I could send to you. Well for 02 I made notes as we went along with each handout and I only started 'properly' revising during Easter, memorising stuff, doing past papers etc.

Yes youre being very helpful thank you! Any tips on how you revised or anything? Or on concepts of law? Hate that.
Reply 4826
Okay, I am taking CIE A level and having AS exam next month. Unfortunately, I had failed my mock exam last month, it was totally a disaster! I've been working very hard to study for the upcoming AS exam but I have no confident on taking the exam.

I still left with Physics, Pure maths, Applied maths and chemistry!
Tonight before midnight- English Essay
For about next 3 hours, I though I'd start with short-term goals :biggrin: :

*Sociology : Mass Media.
*Tort: vicarious liability.
*Mechanics: Past paper.
Original post by aysha.19
For about next 3 hours, I though I'd start with short-term goals :biggrin: :

*Sociology : Mass Media.
*Mechanics: Past paper.

Hows it going? A2 Tort yes? I hate it. AQA?

Have you done the concepts of law?
Reply 4830
Original post by vuiloong
Okay, I am taking CIE A level and having AS exam next month. Unfortunately, I had failed my mock exam last month, it was totally a disaster! I've been working very hard to study for the upcoming AS exam but I have no confident on taking the exam.

I still left with Physics, Pure maths, Applied maths and chemistry!

Just sat here thinking why the hell are you taking your exams so early. Can't believe the exams are next month :eek3:
I think is should now make a list of organic techniques for purification, seperation and identification of organic compounds for unit 5 chem. By midnight i should have something decent written down
Hows it going? A2 Tort yes? I hate it. AQA?

Have you done the concepts of law?

International A Level. Cambridge, actually.
Yeah A2, we have ELS, Contract and Tort, I'm not sure but almost similar stuff :tongue:
Original post by aysha.19
International A Level. Cambridge, actually.
Yeah A2, we have ELS, Contract and Tort, I'm not sure but almost similar stuff :tongue:

Oh right! Well good luck with it! :smile:
Oh right! Well good luck with it! :smile:

Thank you. Good luck to you too!
Btw were you looking for any help with it, i might be able to do that... :smile:
*Sociology : Mass Media. :biggrin:
*Mechanics: Past paper
Reply 4836
Today:
CHEM5- Revise 'Redox Equilibria'
Start revising 'Reactions of inorganic compounds in aqueous solution'
BIOL5 - Finish preparing for ISA
Revise 'Homeostasis'
Do Examination Questions
CHEM2 (Synoptic Revision) - Revise 'Halogens'
Revise 'Alkaline Earth Metals'
Practice questions for both topics
Managed to do only 2 things out of the stuff I wanted to do...fell asleep even though I wasn't even tired.:facepalm:

I MUST get this done for Tomorrow:
1.Do chem EMPA paper
2. Go over Biology EMPA paper - Will mark it and go over it tonight
3. C2 paper + revision on Qs got wrong
4. Do Biol1 Paper
5. Do Biol2 paper
6. Redox revision + Exam Qs
7. Biol1 Revision
8. S1 paper
9. Go over S1
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by starfish232
Managed to do only 2 things out of the stuff I wanted to do...fell asleep even though I wasn't even tired.:facepalm:

I MUST get this done for Tomorrow:
1.Do chem EMPA paper
2. Go over Biology EMPA paper
3. C2 paper + revision on Qs got wrong
4. Do Biol1 Paper
5. Do Biol2 paper
6. Redox revision + Exam Qs
7. Biol1 Revision
8. S1 paper
9. Go over S1

Wow that's ambitious! :wink: Anyway good to see how busy this thread is now. :smile:
Tomorrow
- Revise all of C2?! (except logs.)
- Re attempt C2 past paper
- Finish cell cycle, meiosis and mitosis for Biology.
- Finish climate change booklet for Geography.
- Make notes from another Geography mark scheme.
- Energetics questions for Chemistry.

Quick Reply