The Student Room Group

AUCB / Bournemouth Arts College University

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Yeah, I got the same email about it being put on hold :s-smilie:

I've applied at Southampton Solent for Special Effects and at Hertfordshire for Character Creation - both have offered me a place. Just waiting for this one now, argh, the wait time is gonna kill me! x
Original post by Jstreeton
Yeah, I got the same email about it being put on hold :s-smilie:

I've applied at Southampton Solent for Special Effects and at Hertfordshire for Character Creation - both have offered me a place. Just waiting for this one now, argh, the wait time is gonna kill me! x

yeah its rubbish waiting isn't it! which one do you think you'll go for? thats really good youv'e got onto both of them though so far! the southhampton and hertfordshire courses sound too computery for me. do you think theyve put everyone on hold for now or we are "maybes"? good luck for aucb! x
Reply 82
Maybe they've put the last couple of weeks worth of applicants on hold until the end of the easter holidays so they can have a break? I don't know though, would be good if it was a maybe though, at least that's something!

Bournemouth is my 1st choice I think so that's the firm. 2nd choice I think is Southampton, not to dissimilar to Bournemouth course just a bit more broader in what you learn. But yeah the others sounded like they do a fair bit of animation which I have no interest in. I hope it doesn't have to come to that haha.

Best of luck to you too! x
Maybe they've put the last couple of weeks worth of applicants on hold until the end of the easter holidays so they can have a break? I don't know though, would be good if it was a maybe though, at least that's something!

Bournemouth is my 1st choice I think so that's the firm. 2nd choice I think is Southampton, not to dissimilar to Bournemouth course just a bit more broader in what you learn. But yeah the others sounded like they do a fair bit of animation which I have no interest in. I hope it doesn't have to come to that haha.

Best of luck to you too! x

yeah maybe!, i should have got some of the other girls numbers at the interviews, would have been interesting to see if they got put on hold too, yeah , i'm just useless with computers so wouldn't be suited to those course so much i rekon! hopefully we will hear soon! x
Reply 84
Original post by lipglossandblack
yeah maybe!, i should have got some of the other girls numbers at the interviews, would have been interesting to see if they got put on hold too, yeah , i'm just useless with computers so wouldn't be suited to those course so much i rekon! hopefully we will hear soon! x

Just wondering, what was the film that they showed like? It looked quite good from what I saw, kind of annoyed I missed it. x
Just wondering, what was the film that they showed like? It looked quite good from what I saw, kind of annoyed I missed it. x

I didn't watch the whole thing all the way through as the other girls were asking evryone lotsa questions but it was basically a mockumentary of people living with a made up condition where they have quite extreme animal characteristics ,so they had the makeup done to look like certain animals, but i'm not too sure what animals they were supposed to be now, i cant remeber, and it was just showing clips of their every day lives and their thoughts on living that way. was done really well i thought actually and the makeup was pretty cool. is it the prosthetics and special effects side of things you want to get into? x
Reply 86
Everyone who is on hold should know what bournemouth have decided within next week or the week after, as I phoned up and asked and they said after easter. Also the deadline for them deciding is the end of april anyway :smile:
Reply 87
Original post by lipglossandblack
I didn't watch the whole thing all the way through as the other girls were asking evryone lotsa questions but it was basically a mockumentary of people living with a made up condition where they have quite extreme animal characteristics ,so they had the makeup done to look like certain animals, but i'm not too sure what animals they were supposed to be now, i cant remeber, and it was just showing clips of their every day lives and their thoughts on living that way. was done really well i thought actually and the makeup was pretty cool. is it the prosthetics and special effects side of things you want to get into? x

Yeah. I remember seeing the guy who looked like a pig at the very start or something. It looked really good. Prosthetics/special effects more then anything yeah. Maybe film. What about you? x

Original post by SophieLouL
Everyone who is on hold should know what bournemouth have decided within next week or the week after, as I phoned up and asked and they said after easter. Also the deadline for them deciding is the end of april anyway :smile:

Ah that's great, thank you. What course are you applying for? x
Yeah. I remember seeing the guy who looked like a pig at the very start or something. It looked really good. Prosthetics/special effects more then anything yeah. Maybe film. What about you? x

yeah prosthetics and special effects for film, tv or advertisement mostly cos i love fantasy/sci fi but im interested in trying everything out!x

awesome! im quite worried for the results though! dunno what im guna do if i dont get in! and blates wont :s ,wonder how many people have been accepted already? well good luck guys! x
Reply 90
Same :/ I'm gonna be so annoyed if I dont. Its so unfair to make us wait like this then just reject us. Well I had another interview today for a makeup course and i met someone who said he got an offer from them yesterday :frown:
Reply 91
I think i'd still take an apprenticeship over Uni any day.

3 years experience with a company > 3 years Uni. x
:/ yeah its def not fair to make us wait if we havent got in cos i need to make plans for whatever else im going to do instead so if i havent got in i need to know the reasons why really and its kind of getting a bit late to make new plans.but i guess they dont know who is going to make the course until theyve heard back from people because some people will decline the offer and want to go to london for example, so i guess some people must be put on reserve and the pepe who have got in will have a date they have to accept or decline by and then they will fill the spaces up of the people who have declined with the reserves. does that make sense? an apprenticeship would be amazing but i suppose nowhere would ever take anyone on if you dont have any experience? where was your other interview sophie?(im guessing thats your actual name?). did the guy you met yesterday say when he had to accept the offer by? x
Reply 93
Yeah, if we do get declined they definitely need to give us a specific reason. My interview was at Northbrook sussex, I think he was the only one there to have got into aucb, someone else said they got rejected. No he didn't and I'm not sure if that's his first choice, but probably not if hes going on other interviews. I'm expecting to just get a rejection from them any day now :/
Yeah, if we do get declined they definitely need to give us a specific reason. My interview was at Northbrook sussex, I think he was the only one there to have got into aucb, someone else said they got rejected. No he didn't and I'm not sure if that's his first choice, but probably not if hes going on other interviews. I'm expecting to just get a rejection from them any day now :/

same! although i guess if other people have been declined then thats a good sign for us so far? im thinking now that i really maybe wasnt as prepared as i thought i was! if i dont get in a may save up 5 grand an do a 7 week course at neill gortons studios if i get accepted to do it , and teach myself to sculp clay till next year, its quite depressing. i got in contact with a girl who was on this course a few years ago because i wanted to find out more about it and she said a couple of people left in the first few weeks so they obviously hadnt judged who wanted to be on the course very well. i think because im quite a reserved ,shy person aswell i probably dont come across as eager in interview as i could but thats not something i can help. at the interview the other girl;s said quite a few of their friends hadnt gotten in to aucb. either they havent even looked at our applications at all or were proper "maybes".you would think they would know who they wouldnt want straight away and would let those people know soon after though really. meh
x
do you guys know people who haven't got in?x
Reply 96
Iv met a few people at interviews who said they have been rejected. It's getting close to the deadline now for when they said they would reply :/ think I might phone them today to make sure they will reply next week.
Cool, I think in the emails they said they have. to let ucas know by the 7th may?something like that, so I guess it could be as late as that anyway, lame! X
hey guys, i just got my email and haven't got in. no suprises there! they could have told me a month ago though lol, have you guys heard back? the irritating thing is they are telling me to do a foundation diploma but i have already done one and that's literally all the feedback i have been given. i think i might have to try ringing someone up and telling them this because its not enough. i need to know if there is anything else other than a foundation that i can do or be given actual reasons for why i haven't gotten in so i know whether to apply again next year or what to work on, otherwise i won't waste my time but who do i contact? admissions? x
Reply 99
I just got a reply today as well. I also haven't got in :frown: they said my application was not up to the standard as others they have interviewed or would expect to see. How lovely :/ keep us on tender hooks for ages and then tell us were not good enough. I'm gonna contact admissions as well, hopefully they'll be able to give us a better answer.

Quick Reply

Latest