The Student Room Group

Derek Acorah claims Madeleine McCann is dead

PSYCHIC Derek Acorah has outraged Kate and Gerry McCann by insisting daughter Madeleine is dead.
A source close to the McCanns said: “They are sickened by this.”

Acorah, 62, has added to Kate and Gerry’s anguish by claiming Madeleine died years ago and will soon be reincarnated.

He said: “I know her parents are convinced Maddie is alive and I’m really sorry - but the little one has been over in the spirit world for some time.

“I don’t think she’ll be there long before she reincarnates.

“When children pass over who haven’t had full lives I believe they choose the time to come back in the same form again as another little girl.”

The McCanns are said to be disgusted by Acorah’s claims. A source said: “Kate and Gerry are sickened. This character Derek Acorah is nothing but a self-publicist. It’s incredibly distasteful and insensitive.”

Millionaire medium Acorah, ex-host of TV’s Most Haunted, claimed a messenger from the spirit world named Sam told him Madeleine was dead shortly after she vanished in Praia da Luz, Portugal, five years ago.

Source- http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4316621/TV-psychic-Derek-Acorah-in-sick-Maddie-dead-claim.html

Does this man have NO shame, how dare him come out and claim this. :eek:
Imagine how the poor parents feel when this happened utterly shocking. :angry:

Views?

Scroll to see replies

What is the point of this? There's no evidence unless Maddie's spirit can tell this psychic something only her parents would know. There is just no point because no-one would believe it.
Glad we got that one sorted. Can everyone move on to something else now?

Does Derek Acorah have any information on bears defecating in woodland or the Pope's religious denomination?
It takes 49 days for someone to reincarnate (tenuous links, but scientific-ish based. Ask if interested). So he'd be wrong regardless :tongue:

Edit: Explanation a few posts down.
(edited 11 years ago)
Someone should punch his lights out.
Reply 5
Original post by Drunk Punx
It takes 49 days for someone to reincarnate (tenuous links, but scientific-ish based. Ask if interested). So he'd be wrong regardless :tongue:

I suspect that's a very big ish
Reply 6
That's disgusting.
Heh, he's clutching straws now. :rofl2: Looks like he'll do anything to get back in the limelight.
You do not need to be in touch with the spirit world to know what he said is true. But using his celebrity status to broadcast his opinion, especially on a sensitive matter is not exactly cool..
Reply 9

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That cheered my up.
While it's highly unlikely that she well ever be found, this is the very reason why psychics are so horrible. Not only do they mislead people into thinking they can communicate with their loved ones but they exploit this fact, which can cause great anguish for those who have lost people. It's disgusting.
"Mary Loves Dick"

He's obviously an attention seeking *****
stopped reading at PSYCHIC.... extremely hurtful and harmful liars, the lot of them. this woman needs to stfu... disgusting person. personally view all psychics lower on the respectable scale than slugs.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Bellissima
stopped reading at PSYCHIC.... extremely hurtful and harmful liars, the lot of them. this woman needs to stfu... disgusting person. personally view all psychics lower on the respectable scale than slugs.

:confused:
Original post by ELs123
:confused:

OH derek... i thought i said Deborah
Original post by blu tack
I suspect that's a very big ish

Yeah it is :h:
And yet it's still more accurate than anything Derek can pull out of his hat.

"The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at seven weeks, or 49 days, after conception. Of great interest to me was finding out that this is nearly exactly the moment in which one can clearly see the first indication of male or female gender.
Before this time, the sex of the fetus in indeterminate, or unknown. Thus, the pineal gland and the most important differentiation of humanity, male and female gender, appear at the same time...
...I already knew that the Tibetan Buddhist Book Of The Dead teaches that it takes 49 days for the soul of the recently dead to 'reincarnate'. That is, 7 weeks from the time of death of one person elapses until the life-force's 'rebirth' into its next body...
...It takes 49 days from conception for the first signs of the human pineal to appear. 49 days is also when the fetus differentiates into male or female gender.
Thus the soul's rebirth, the pineal, and the sexual organs all require 49 days before they manifest."
He then makes a reference about how the above isn't entirely dissimilar to the old herbal doctrine of signatures "which suggested that a herb's properties depended upon how it looked. If a plant looked like a heart, it must be good for heart disease.
What I'm proposing is a 'doctrine of elapsed time'. If Buddhist texts and human embryology reveal that different developments require 49 days, the events must be related. This association is perhaps logically shaky, but also intuitively appealing."

It's a lot more scientific than "she'll be reincarnated soon. My spidey-senses tell me so".
It's a 99.9% certainty at this point that she's dead, with that said I'm not sure anyone really needs to come out and say it.
Whilst his spirit friend Sam is around, perhaps he can give us a word on Derek's career, been dead for a good while now.
Reply 18
Yeah it is :h:
And yet it's still more accurate than anything Derek can pull out of his hat.

"The human pineal gland becomes visible in the developing fetus at seven weeks, or 49 days, after conception. Of great interest to me was finding out that this is nearly exactly the moment in which one can clearly see the first indication of male or female gender.
Before this time, the sex of the fetus in indeterminate, or unknown. Thus, the pineal gland and the most important differentiation of humanity, male and female gender, appear at the same time...
...I already knew that the Tibetan Buddhist Book Of The Dead teaches that it takes 49 days for the soul of the recently dead to 'reincarnate'. That is, 7 weeks from the time of death of one person elapses until the life-force's 'rebirth' into its next body...
...It takes 49 days from conception for the first signs of the human pineal to appear. 49 days is also when the fetus differentiates into male or female gender.
Thus the soul's rebirth, the pineal, and the sexual organs all require 49 days before they manifest."
He then makes a reference about how the above isn't entirely dissimilar to the old herbal doctrine of signatures "which suggested that a herb's properties depended upon how it looked. If a plant looked like a heart, it must be good for heart disease.
What I'm proposing is a 'doctrine of elapsed time'. If Buddhist texts and human embryology reveal that different developments require 49 days, the events must be related. This association is perhaps logically shaky, but also intuitively appealing."

It's a lot more scientific than "she'll be reincarnated soon. My spidey-senses tell me so".

Science isn't about seeing a number in a few coincidental places and then drawing irrational conclusions from that and that alone...
Original post by 'bob'
Science isn't about seeing a number in a few coincidental places and then drawing irrational conclusions from that and that alone...

Science-ISH. God I wish people on this forum could ****ing read :colonhash:

It was a Doctor that wrote that, by the way. I'm sure that if he felt it was useless then he wouldn't have bothered writing it down.

He applied a variation of the "old herbal doctrine" that's mentioned to create his own doctrine concerning this subject.

Base science is about observation and then drawing conclusions from the observations post-testing. How can you test something like this? You can't. So you ponder instead. And that was the result of said pondering.

I don't suppose you have a better idea of how these events might be linked? (It might be worth mentioning that Descartes saw the pineal as "the seat of the soul". So no, it's not 'just numbers', it's also got some blokes opinion thrown into the mix [yes, I know who Descartes is. I'm being facetious] :yy: ).

Quick Reply