The Student Room Group

The 2012 STEP Results Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jilebinator
My invigilator decided to talk to me in the middle of my exam yesterday. so annoying.

i had a pe exam going on in the same hall as me today, the guys thought it would be funny to fart the whole way through the exam (loudly). They also thought it was ok to start talking loudly when they're exam was over even though mine was still on. i wanted to punch someone
Original post by like_a_star
i had a pe exam going on in the same hall as me today, the guys thought it would be funny to fart the whole way through the exam (loudly). They also thought it was ok to start talking loudly when they're exam was over even though mine was still on. i wanted to punch someone

was just me and the pe crew as well and also made silly noises leaving the hall lmao, snap
Reply 3942
Original post by like_a_star

Original post by Troll the Trolls
was just me and the pe crew as well and also made silly noises leaving the hall lmao, snap

You got nothing on me... there was a wedding at the church next to my school... 20 minutes of bell ringing argghhh!
Original post by Thrug
You got nothing on me... there was a wedding at the church next to my school... 20 minutes of bell ringing argghhh!

ok u win :tongue:
Reply 3944
Both of my exams started early at 12:30 so the first hour of both of them was lunch hour, and people eat their lunch right by the exam hall apparently :mad:
Has anyone tried registering to the online website where you get your STEP results from? It's saying my D.O.B is invalid :|
Original post by desijut
Has anyone tried registering to the online website where you get your STEP results from? It's saying my D.O.B is invalid :|

I got the same problem. I was told we are suppose to register about 10 days before results so it might have something to do with that?
Original post by sam-jennings
I got the same problem. I was told we are suppose to register about 10 days before results so it might have something to do with that?

cheers, our school told us nothing
Original post by Troll the Trolls

It was the 4 STEPpers, the Latin people and that PE crew in my school. But I was actually happy to have some music (travelling from the music block after school) during the exam.
Original post by desijut

Apparently it also won't work if you're using Chrome :angry:
Reply 3950
I was wondering, are the chances of getting in high if you miss your STEP offer slightly, but exceed your A level offer?

Ie, instead of A*A*A 1,2 you get something like A*A*A* 1,3 or S,3?
Original post by fruktas
I was wondering, are the chances of getting in high if you miss your STEP offer slightly, but exceed your A level offer?

I'm thinking along the same lines as you...Someone from my school got in last year with 3A* and 1A at A Level and 1,2 in STEP when the offer was 1,1 but I think they weren't far from the 1 in the step paper they got 2 in
Original post by CharlieAdam1
I'm thinking along the same lines as you...Someone from my school got in last year with 3A* and 1A at A Level and 1,2 in STEP when the offer was 1,1 but I think they weren't far from the 1 in the step paper they got 2 in

Do you know how far they were (i.e. 1 mark or 5+ marks) and also do you know which college they applied to?
Original post by fruktas

The standard STEP offer is 1,1. Some lucky applicants get 1,2. Once places have been taken by those who meet their offer, colleges with spare places will look first at their own near-miss applicants. Whenever I've tried to find out more about this process, A level grades have never been mentioned. It's all about STEP - marks as well as grades.

Near-misses then get summer-pooled, and may be fished out by another college. In a typical year, a 1,2 has a less than evens chance of getting a place.
Reply 3954
Original post by ian.slater
The standard STEP offer is 1,1. Some lucky applicants get 1,2. Once places have been taken by those who meet their offer, colleges with spare places will look first at their own near-miss applicants. Whenever I've tried to find out more about this process, A level grades have never been mentioned. It's all about STEP - marks as well as grades.

Near-misses then get summer-pooled, and may be fished out by another college. In a typical year, a 1,2 has a less than evens chance of getting a place.

Oh, well, then I guess I can't afford to miss my offer haha
Reply 3955
Original post by desijut

Oh, it was nice of my school to tell me about that. Oh wait..
Apparently it also won't work if you're using Chrome :angry:

Here we go, i just tried it on firefox and it

Original post by fruktas
Oh, it was nice of my school to tell me about that. Oh wait..

It was a blue A4 sheet of paper
Reply 3957
It's going to feel really weird not doing any STEP when I've done like 2 or more questions a day for I don't know how long. I'm not even sure what do with myself now all exams (except fp2) are over :tongue:
Reply 3958
Original post by desijut
Here we go, i just tried it on firefox and it

It was a blue A4 sheet of paper

Didn't get one of those :/
Reply 3959

Original post by desijut

It says:

Please make sure you register no earlier than 10 days before the advertised results release date.

Right by where you click register :P

Quick Reply