The Student Room Group

Hardest GCSE Subject?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Art - seems easy but so hard to get a good grade in it. For me anyways !
Reply 21
Relax kids. We'll change it to Astronomy. :biggrin:
Reply 22
Art. There's just so much work god dammit
Reply 23
Muggle Studies.
What? Someone suggested astrology...
Biology AQA! Fricking 135 minutes exam!!!!
Whaaaat? Classical Greek! I got an A* but I don't have a clue how, I knew about 50 words and completely guessed the rest, learnt my set texts fairly well and the history stuff... well, not at all, really. :smile:
Reply 26
I'm surprised most votes are for english/lit :eek:
Thought it would be Science :smile:
Reply 27
Reply 28
IGCSE Accounting....and Business Studies.
Reply 30
mizfissy815

:eek: IGCSE accounting is one of the most scoring subjects! Hardly anyone ever gets C! Last year, my class all got A*s, As & there were a few Bs despite the fact that most us were getting like Ds in classes.
Reply 31
mizfissy815

Business yes. Thast what I voted for. No doubt its the most annoying & hardest subject at GCSE/IGCSE level.
IGCSE accounting is one of the most scoring subjects! Hardly anyone ever gets C! Last year, my class all got A*s, As & there were a few Bs despite the fact that most us were getting like Ds in classes.

Despite being a numbers person myself...I never liked it. It didn't really help that I took it the first year it was introduced in the school. They just threw a book at my Business teacher and told her to teach Accounting as well. She's never taken accounting and told us straight out that she barely scraped a pass at GCSE Maths. She didn't know anything about accounting and we were the 'try out' class. Had we done horribly, they would have found another teacher, or stop teaching it altogether. The school never gave us textbooks for it, and we had to buy it ourselves. In the end, most us did OK only because almost all of us to private tuitions. I studying it myself though and I won’t forget the agony I went through to get the grade that I got.
Reply 33
A hard subject is something that is hard to learn.
Maths and physics, chemistry and biology are just about remembering things.

I think English is the hardest because you can be taught what to write, but eventually it comes down to just you and your interpretation of things.
You cant be taught how to get an A* because you have to be original.
You wont get an A* by memorising revision guide information like in other subjects.
Reply 34
I voted for Art and Design, purely because of the amount of work you need to do. You can be absolutely amazing, and still get a C or D simply because you didn't do the amount of work required. There's SO much coursework and the grade boundaries are extremely high - you need 98% for an A*!!!
Physics.

Hate the bloody subject.
Neo~

Neo~

Neo~

We get the point :p:
Reply 37
English Lit/Lang & Maths, The compolsary subjects seem to be hard for all.

I surely know English is very hard for me.
Reply 38
Neo~

Im english, you have to give your own views and open your mind. Thats what I cannot do.

In science, all you have to do is remember the scientific knowledge and the formulas.
Reply 39
english is tough because there's no real set of things which you can learn. It's not like in a science or maths exam where you can go out feeling that you've covered all the points for a questiona nd should get full marks. Sometimes if i do a piece at school I'll get an A*, but sometimes I'll get an A or B and I'm not really sure what I've done differently

Quick Reply