The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i do
but ive done no past papers
nd had about five lunch time lessons
Reply 2
Hmm, there seems to be 3 people out of the thousands on this forum that take OCR Economics!!!
where are you! or are you busy revising!!!

and how can you be taking economics rev_pain hardly any lessons... :|
Reply 3
good luck all
Reply 4
Ah the paper was good! :smile:
Reply 5
yeah i agree that test was brilliant:smile: :smile:
Reply 6
What are we supposed to revise for the case study paper on monday 23 rd june
Reply 7
umm the case study booklet? and any obvious questions - i dont know, i havent really looked at it myself
Reply 8
LiveLife
umm the case study booklet? and any obvious questions - i dont know, i havent really looked at it myself

There will be a break even thing. :smile:
Reply 9
is the next exam set out the same as that one?

neomilan

and how can you be taking economics rev_pain hardly any lessons... :|

with difficulty
Reply 10
i found the paper okayy, quite hard thoughhh. what will be an A, about 67% over 2 papers? i just hope they can read writing well lol
Reply 11
it wasn't bad! only the last question and a few little bits in between were hard

A* will be 77to80% that's all i know
Reply 12
This paper was easy, i thought. Next paper is generally harder and we have to think on spot. On this one, we were already prepared from b4.
Reply 13
neomilan
it wasn't bad! only the last question and a few little bits in between were hard

what was hard about the last question? wasnt tht just features of the two taxes?:suitc: :suitd:
mr.mehta
Reply 14
andrew.P
what was hard about the last question? wasnt tht just features of the two taxes?:suitc: :suitd:
mr.mehta

it was more than that Mr powell
Reply 15
what are the features of the 2 taxes?
Reply 16
You just need to say direct tax- progressive - fair - lack of incentives - productivity down - can predict how much revenue received etc.

then indirect - regressive - demerit goods- cant predict revenue - inflation blah

then overall
Reply 17
yeah, it would have been grrreat if i wrote all that!!!!
i know i flopped that last one :|
Reply 18
andrew.P
You just need to say direct tax- progressive - fair - lack of incentives - productivity down - can predict how much revenue received etc.

then indirect - regressive - demerit goods- cant predict revenue - inflation blah

then overall

I just wrote it should be direct as you can target higher earners. Indirect tax would mean even single mothers would have to pay the tax etc.

I had 10 minutes left, so I decided to write that Indirect tax could create poverty in the streets; this would mean tourists would rather go elsewhere. This would be bad for the balance of payments as we would be importing far more than we are exporting, and this would mean huge government debt. This could be the government reduces spending money on the economy, which could lead to a recession. This recession would low consumer confidence... blah blah lol.
Reply 19
what did people put for the 3 reasons why the car factory located in slovakia??

i put: cheaper labour
lower taxes
competitive market.. .. ..

Latest