The Student Room Group
University of York
York

York General Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I feel slightly less like a loser. Only slightly, mind...

Tx
University of York
York
Reply 201
Pfft, Facebook, when I started Uni back in 2005 Facebook didn't even have a York UK network!
Reply 202
TrishS
Has anyone else been geeky now they've got their computer account and changed their facebook network? York '11, oh yes...
Tx

Tell me how to do it, and I'll do it!
Reply 203
Make sure you say your FINISHING year or you'll end up as 'Alum' after a year
Did anyone receive the "University of York - Joining Instructions" Email? It came this morning and says stuff like Welcome to the university of york, and how they have sent my admissions pack etc, yet I havent received my a level results yet.. please tell me this means I got in! lol (Probably wishful thinking though :frown:) It gave me my computing account information and student number and how to enrol online also..
Reply 205
Cubasaur, I have the exact same thing!

I REALLY hope it does mean that, but there's the idea in my mind that it's a precautionary thing which they auto-send to everyone who applied. I can't be relieved until either I get a letter from them saying YOU HAVE YOUR OFFER or I get my results on Thursday saying grades which meet my offer.
Yeah, I feel the same. Only 2 days to go though...
Reply 207
That is still 48 HOURS D:

I have done the registering with York's computers, and it sends you to the enrollment site, where you use the new password to log in to some special enrollment site. But then the enrollment site says it's currently suspended unitl results day. Which makes me even more suspicious that this doesn't mean what I hope it means.
I didn't get an email before I got my results (albeit 3 years ago) but I got a massive letter that arrived on the day of results (before I collected them) saying I had got in :biggrin: Don't know about the email tho I'm afraid
Reply 209
I didn't get an email before I got my results (albeit 3 years ago) but I got a massive letter that arrived on the day of results (before I collected them) saying I had got in

I was the same.

York will have got your results on Monday (they get it before you do). I'm betting a lot of it is now automated, so if you've got the grades it'll automatically do this, then if you've not, they have a few days to decide about all the borderline cases before Thursday when everyone gets your results (I missed my grades but they'd still decided to allow me in because I got my welcome pack in the post at 8am before my sixth form opened).

Of course I'm nothing to do with admissions, but it's likely you've got in.
if they sent you an email regarding enrolling after they have received your results you must have got in.
Reply 211
I hope that's true.

But I'm still not happy to believe it. Do not count a human dead until you've seen his body. And even then you can make a mistake.
Reply 212
Why would they send you emails instructing you to enrol if they weren't sure you're in? Go celebrate :smile:
Reply 213
Solya
Why would they send you emails instructing you to enrol if they weren't sure you're in? Go celebrate :smile:

It could be automated?
Reply 214
Exactly, it's automated. It's triggered by the fact York received your A-level results yesterday?
I want to believe that more than anything! But there is something in my mind stopping me getting my hopes up lol
I doubt they'd give you a computing account and student number if they weren't sure that you were in. Congratulations. Probably.
Reply 217
MaxB
It could be automated?

It's automated to send you the email if you're in probably, knowing that unis get results a lot earlier than you guys :smile:
Reply 218
Solya
It's automated to send you the email if you're in probably, knowing that unis get results a lot earlier than you guys :smile:

They could have made a mistake?

Sorry, it's my pessimistic nature. It's like denial, in the same way that people react to bad things I'll react to good things.

Just how much of an idiot would I feel if I let myself go and be like "Aaaah goooood I got my firm offer." and then tomorrow the results are like DDD, I'd be all "AAAAAAAAAAAGH".

Yeah.
Reply 219
MaxB: You're being daft. Having the University tell you you have a place and then not believing them is crazy. It's like not believing your A-level results because they might have made a mistake.

And you may have missed your offer and still got in (I did).

As has been said it's an automated system. That is, it's linked to the admissions system, and the results sent from UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest