The Student Room Group

Applying through clearing late...

So pretend I've just done my first year in biomedicine at university and got my grades and everything. I dont like my course though.

I want to change courses to pharmacy at a different university. They have spaces. I have the grades required.

What are the chances of me getting in if I apply now through UCAS? I don't know quite how it works but I'm guessing you go through clearing again?

Thanks in advance.
Reply 1
You go through UCAS, yeah.

If there's places in clearing then your chances will just be as good as anyone's!

I'm sure you'll get in somewhere! :yes: Have you checked to see if there's any places in extra anywhere?
Reply 2
Phone up the Admissions Depts of the Unis you are interested in. They may make you a UC offer as you already have the grades.
Just remember that clearing this is year is reportedly going to be much tougher than before (due to the increased amount of applicants and fewer available places).
Reply 4
Its not actually me, was asking for a mate. I cant believe they still have a chance to move university. I really thought you had to apply to ucas this year earlier to go through clearing.

:frown:
Reply 5
You can apply through UCAS up to September 20th and just go through Clearing. Many students might not think they're going to apply so will miss the earlier deadlines. It sounds like you're just jealous. I advise re-evaluating your friendship.

Latest

Trending

Trending