The Student Room Group

Mcdonalds rejected application

I am very sad that mcdonalds rejected my application, they asked me 'What do you like to do in your spare time? (include details of any interests or membership of clubs and societies) (max 500 words)' and i answered

'In my spare time I like going out with my friends and enjoying myself. In the summer I like going to the beach and maybe even playing a few ball games. I like talking to them and telling them how I feel about things.

Sometimes I have to cook for my family because my parents go out, I enjoy doing this because it allows me to develop some skills and knowing what ingredients I need to make for different types of food. I know how to make fruit scones because I learned this in school and I enjoyed making them and giving them to my friends to see if I could make them any better next time.

Singing is a main interest for me, even though I am not good at it I sing because I believe it makes you healthier and it is a great way to keep your lungs and heart healthy. Watching too much TV is boring, but I do watch soaps such as Hollyoaks when I have time. When I was at school I decided to take part in a University summer school, over the holidays I learned about university life and finances. I also took the job as a paper boy and delivered newspapers few years back, I enjoyed doing that because then I could do something during my spare time.

During my spare time I go out with my friends and socialize with them and I enjoy being around them, going to the cinemas and eating is the stuff I enjoy most as well as lending my friends money. In college when I have my free time I play football with my friends, I am not that good but I try to play alongside my friends because I enjoy it.'

then 'What is your proudest accomplishment to date? (max 500 words)'

i answered
'My proudest accomplishment to date is achieving good grades for my GCSE's and I am proud of this because I can then find a better job and study in higher education compared to not having good qualifications. Spending 2 years of studying for my GCSE's and then getting the results I wanted I am proud now I can study my A-levels and do more.
Another thing that I am proud of is having good friends around me when I am upset or have a problem they are always there for me.

I am proud that I have a nice caring family to look after me and my big brother who is able to help if I have any financial difficulties.
I recently passed my driving test on the first go and this is a major achievement for me because I thought I would not pass the first time, this has motivated me more and now have more confidence doing test etc.

Relating back to me working as a paper boy I have gained some experience, such as keeping accounts of customers because I had to learn which streets/numbers to deliver as well as handling money in an accurate timely manner.'

isnt that okay?
will someone give me ideas on how i could improve please

should i go and hand in a cv personally to manager?

Scroll to see replies

:awesome:
Reply 2
don't worry, I know loads of people who got rejected from there and then reapplied like a month later and got the job.
just apply again at a different store? :smile:
Reply 3
I am bitter about maccy d's myself

They rejected me and my boyfriend. I applied a couple of years back and my bf applied this year. I know it was probably due to being 'overqualified' (we are both already graduates etc.) but I needed money and I'm so bitter! Let me flip burgers!!!!

As for constructive advice... try Subway.
Reply 4
gay
Is this a joke?
I would an hero.
Well as the economy is recovering, people are still looking for jobs. However! Sainsbury's are recruiting quite a bit at the moment (at least in my region) so check!
Nambi
Let me flip burgers!!!!

:awesome:!!
I got rejected from McDonalds. I think it's because I have some A levels.
Scones haha... um tbh your answers make you sound very young, as the syntax/repeated language is a common theme in pre-school story writing. ('then he did this, then he did that, then...').
Reply 10
Rejected by McDonald's = Ultimate Fail.

Just for the record - I would rather shoot myself than work in McDonald's.
Reply 11
Think of it this way. This is the lowest point of your life...it only gets better from here!!

Lol in all honesty it's not that big a deal...these are tough times now so getting a job (even part time) is a lot harder than it use to be.
adeel26
I am very sad that mcdonalds rejected my application, they asked me 'What do you like to do in your spare time? (include details of any interests or membership of clubs and societies) (max 500 words)' and i answered

'In my spare time I like going out with my friends and enjoying myself. In the summer I like going to the beach and maybe even playing a few ball games. I like talking to them and telling them how I feel about things.

Sometimes I have to cook for my family because my parents go out, I enjoy doing this because it allows me to develop some skills and knowing what ingredients I need to make for different types of food. I know how to make fruit scones because I learned this in school and I enjoyed making them and giving them to my friends to see if I could make them any better next time.

Singing is a main interest for me, even though I am not good at it I sing because I believe it makes you healthier and it is a great way to keep your lungs and heart healthy. Watching too much TV is boring, but I do watch soaps such as Hollyoaks when I have time. When I was at school I decided to take part in a University summer school, over the holidays I learned about university life and finances. I also took the job as a paper boy and delivered newspapers few years back, I enjoyed doing that because then I could do something during my spare time.

During my spare time I go out with my friends and socialize with them and I enjoy being around them, going to the cinemas and eating is the stuff I enjoy most as well as lending my friends money. In college when I have my free time I play football with my friends, I am not that good but I try to play alongside my friends because I enjoy it.'

i answered
'My proudest accomplishment to date is achieving good grades for my GCSE's and I am proud of this because I can then find a better job and study in higher education compared to not having good qualifications. Spending 2 years of studying for my GCSE's and then getting the results I wanted I am proud now I can study my A-levels and do more.
Another thing that I am proud of is having good friends around me when I am upset or have a problem they are always there for me.

I am proud that I have a nice caring family to look after me and my big brother who is able to help if I have any financial difficulties.
I recently passed my driving test on the first go and this is a major achievement for me because I thought I would not pass the first time, this has motivated me more and now have more confidence doing test etc.

Relating back to me working as a paper boy I have gained some experience, such as keeping accounts of customers because I had to learn which streets/numbers to deliver as well as handling money in an accurate timely manner.'

isnt that okay?

That's way toooooooooooo long, they go through literally thousands of applicants and they dont have time to read all that.

My answers were just one line long each, next time, just do this
the scones comment had me lol'ing
I got rejected outright by McDonald's and I have two Oxbridge degrees. They probably just rejected you automatically because they'd had a high volume of applications.
Reply 15
i have also been mcjected :frown:
Reply 16
adeel26

'My proudest accomplishment to date is achieving good grades for my GCSE's and I am proud of this because I can then find a better job and study in higher education compared to not having good qualifications.

Maybe this was what lost it for you? McDonald's doesn't need very good qualifications; you're implying that you're above them.
I think you write a bit too much as well, I doubt that McDonald's care what you do outside of work really.
Nambi
I am bitter about maccy d's myself

They rejected me and my boyfriend. I applied a couple of years back and my bf applied this year. I know it was probably due to being 'overqualified' (we are both already graduates etc.) but I needed money and I'm so bitter! Let me flip burgers!!!!

As for constructive advice... try Subway.

Ditto. I didn't want to be one of those people who moaned about not having a job but thought I was too good for McDonald's so I applied (which took ages- their application form is huuuuge) and it turns out I'm not good enough for McDonalds. So that was depressing.
Reply 18
adeel26

i answered

isnt that okay?

This is the funniest troll I've read in a long time. The highlighted bit had me screaming with laughter. Well done sir. :biggrin:
:nothing:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending