The Student Room Group

Omitting work experience

Hey guys,

I did two internships in Trading area with two banks, one in 08 and one in 09. Then I figured that Trading is really not my thing, and decided to switch into IBD. I thought it would make my application look better if I omit one of my trading internships, because otherwise the HR would think I am way too trading-minded. So I didn't put my 09 internship on my CV. I now have an offer from a bank in IBD and need to fill in pre-employment screening which asks for past job history. If I put my omitted 09 in the screening questionnaire, this would raise questions as to why I omitted it from my CV. If, however, I don't put it into the questionaire, they might find out about it and it will raise questions too... What do you think I should do?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Puzich
So I didn't put my 09 internship on my CV. I now have an offer from a bank in IBD and need to fill in pre-employment screening which asks for past job history. If I put my omitted 09 in the screening questionnaire, this would raise questions as to why I omitted it from my CV. If, however, I don't put it into the questionaire, they might find out about it and it will raise questions too... What do you think I should do?

It doesn't matter, assuming you didn't specifically lie about it, then it's fine either way.

They'll be able to tell from your NI form who your last employer was even if you don't tell them. However pre-employment screening is generally about checking the stuff you told them is true, and not about looking for omissions (apart from stuff like criminal convictions/ccjs which could prevent you from doing an FSA regulated role).

Latest

Trending

Trending