The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

applying...for durham.. applicants for 06'

well u c.. im worrying about my results.... well im currently doing quite well in my as levels.... hopefully ill get ABBC.. results due in 3 dayz... or is that 4.. anyway... iv really concentrated on my as levels however... my gcses results arent looking to good.. i got BBCCCCCDD.. now i got a D for my english lang... now im about to go to yr13 and i havent resat my gcse english.. its a must need thing.. but im applying for my university choices.. and on the ucas thing it says put down your gcses results.. wat shal i do... helppppp..
and ill be applying for durham queens campus one.. u reckon ill get accepted if i hav good a level predictions... and a bad gcses results.. coz im very worried about it now and the entry requirements didnt say i need english for the course accounting n finance and business n finance,,, HELP!!!! plz..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
**** off and die.

That punctuation is foul, don't expect any replies around here.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
erm i think you should... if you really want me to type clearly .. i am on the computer not an exam
If you wrote like that in your exams, then it is no surprise you got a D in English at something as elementary as a GCSE.

If you expect serious answers from people, you need to change your approach.
Reply 4
Thats a little harsh and unnecessary! he wants our help to answer questions, not to get slated! Its not very welcoming and certainly won't encourage him or others to apply to Durham. Ignore them Duckmyster, I could speculate on ur GCSE result and say u probably need to retake it but the only way u will know for sure is if u ring or email the department. They get similar inquiries all the time and will be the best people to advise you.

Contact Professor Adrian Darnell or Mr Malcolm Goodman, Admissions Tutors
T 0191 334 0041
E [email protected]
What? How is it harsh?

I couldn't understand a bloody word that was written. I don't speak "youth" any more.
Reply 6
fonzievision
If you wrote like that in your exams, then it is no surprise you got a D in English at something as elementary as a GCSE.

It is a surprise. Don't they fail anyone any more ?

It's called "deferred success" these days.
Reply 8
^^ Ouch. With hindsight I'm hoping you Durhamites see sense and apologise (though I could make neither head not tail of it, and I am a 'youth').
Reply 9
Lol, I'm going to actually attempt to answer the question...

I doubt very much that Queen's campus will make you an offer without at least a C in English, though the AS level grades are looking good. I suggest you don't apply yet, concentrate on getting that GCSE and your A levels and apply next year (during a gap year) instead.
Reply 10
morals_officer
It's called "deferred success" these days.

:eek: :shakehand :yy: :laugh: :argh: :hmpf:

Reply 11
Durham University: A warm welcome from friendly people. :confused:
No!

I'm an utter bastard and proud. I'll also be welcoming a new crop of freshers into the fold pretty soon! Bwahahaha!
Reply 13
Spode
Durham University: A warm welcome from friendly people. :confused:

TSR: Has rules and guidelines :rolleyes:

TSR Guidlines
Spell Correctly- Try not to litter your postings with errors. Also, TRY NT T WRT N TXT LNGGE WTH VWLS STRPPED T.

See: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=new_faq_item#faq_forum_guidelines

It's not that we're all unpleasant people, it's just if you're going to ask a question about applying to university (especially Durham which is the best :p: ) then you should at least attempt some good spelling and grammar. This is not an MSN conversation with your mates (in which I would usually use a lot of shorthand like "u" for "you" and so on....but on here it's more courteous to type properly) :smile:
Can we not have a ban against abbreviations like "lol" and "ppl" as well? Frankly, I think they're the worst things on the internet.

Especially when "lol" is randomly jammed into a post for no apparent reason.

lol
lol
As much as I hate text speak and am possibly one of the biggest sticklers for spelling, punctuation and grammar I know, I feel it is a little harsh to merely reply to a post rudely and not answer the question. Yes, I realise that TSR has guidelines and rightly so - I certainly couldn't cope with reading posts otherwise. But come on guys, you all have some manners and hopefully some idea of politeness.. so either read the text speak, bite your tongue and reply with advice or just keep your thoughts to yourself :smile: I do believe that TSR has guidelines on this too.

To answer the question of the thread starter - I'd do some research into the minimum requirements at Durham. Other than that, see how your AS/A Levels go and maybe take any exams which need to be retaken in a gap year (including GCSEs).

EDIT: lol
Dear Jesus I hate ALL you ppl.

ROFLMFAO

lol
Why on earth do you people have trouble reading what the poor guy wrote? I do admit that it seemed to utterly senseless at first, but after two shots of vodka and jumping head-first from a second story window into a concrete sidewalk--it is all crystal clear. I'm even going to be benevolent to the point of answering his question in his own language....

ooookkkk...teh admisions tutors would give more weight to most recent results.... yeahhh...... yeeeah.....nd ur AS's look acepteble for queen's...you know..cause they aren't as demanding...soooo...go for it...in the worst case u'll xperience 2 minutes of like shame and disepointment...so yeah here u go....
Reply 19
morals_officer
No!

I'm an utter bastard and proud. I'll also be welcoming a new crop of freshers into the fold pretty soon! Bwahahaha!

Oh good. I like being mean... seriously :biggrin:.

Latest