The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Runnymede campus RHUL students

Hey every1! This is my first post, cant believe i just found this website, its so helpfull! Basically I forgot to send off my application for accomodation letter, i did it after i got my results, so was only 2 months late, haha. N e way they suggested i tried Brunel. I immediately shat myself, as Brunel uni was my insurance choice and i thought they meant actually goin to the uni cos RHUL had no halls left! N e way everything got sorted and im stayin in Marshall Hall at Runnymede Campus. Btw was any1 else majorly confused as there is a Runnymede hall on RHUL's actual campus!

N e way i'll get to the point. I know absolutely no1 goin to RHUL and it would be really cool to get into contact with a couple of people before i leave so i got sum1 to give a bell once i arrive and can go for a drink with and meet some other peeps! So if there are any other Royal Holloway students staying at Brunels Runnymede reply to this post!

BTW does any have any info on Marshall Hall and what it is actually like?

PS has any1 recieved info from RHUL about events during freshers week and other stuff cos i havnt got much correspondance from em for a bit!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
There's a few of us in the Brunel Runnymede campus on here. Im gonna be there in Rowan Hall and off the top of my head Rivey, Kez, Sgt Fox. There are others as well.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi. :smile:

Yep, I'm going to be staying on the Runnymede Campus in Williams hall. I've done a bit of research on the place and have found some photo's of outside the halls. The only inside photos I've found are for President hall, and even then they don't show the rooms.

I've added you to MSN. :cool:

Edit: It would be helpful if I posted the image links, heh.

http://homepage.mac.com/hostler/PhotoAlbum20.html
Reply 3
I'm in 'Mews Cottages' at Runnymede, which i dont think actually exists because i have seen absolutely no pictures of it what so ever! lol!
Reply 5
JP2403
Im gonna be there in Rowan Hall and off the top of my head Rivey, Kez, Sgt Fox.

Yep - we'll all be in Williams Hall. It's blatantly the best one... :wink:.
Reply 6
Haha. I bet we get there just to find that it only contains three rooms, and each door has "BIOHAZARD" plastered over it.

Or, conversely, it could be really, really nice.
Reply 7
Hmm maybe it is the best lol, we'll see.

Is there a bar on the Brunel Runnymede campus? Are there any other facilities?

Also did anyone else set up direct debit for payment of the accomodation fees? I wasnt sure if i put the right ID number.
Reply 8
Yep, I've done Direct Debit for Accommodation fees. I'm still waiting for a recipt , now that you reminded me...

Gah.

Anyone else feel the administration site of RHUL/Brunel is terrible? Brunel isn't so bad, but I haven't even received my Fresher's pack from RHUL...
Reply 9
I am also staying at Brunel's Runnymede. I am in Reed Hall (room 105). I haven't received anything from either RHUL or Brunel. I have written so many e-mails to both of them, it just seems to be constant problems (didnt have accommodation, couldnt pay deposit, can't set up direct debit because it won't accept my student ID number, haven't received any info about freshers' week). I am just relieved to see that I am not the only one.

I think there are about 350 RHUL students staying at Brunel.
Reply 10
For those that can't set up Direct Debit with their Student Number, try putting an "S" in front of the number.
Reply 11
Rivey
For those that can't set up Direct Debit with their Student Number, try putting an "S" in front of the number.

I've tried that :frown: I e-mailed the Cash Office, who forwarded to someone else, who forwarded it to someone else again.
hey hey.

yes yes, kez is indeed staying at runnymede. williams hall.

hi chris! added you to msn.
Reply 13
Im gonna try that direct debit again in a sec.

will add you too.
Reply 14
My MSN details can be found in my profile if anyone's interested.
Reply 15
Rivey
My MSN details can be found in my profile if anyone's interested.

Ill add you in a sec :smile:

Cheers for that tip with adding the S to the number on the direct debit. I've set it up now, though it did try to tell me that my date of birth didnt match the number :rolleyes:
Reply 16
JP2403
Ill add you in a sec :smile:

Cheers for that tip with adding the S to the number on the direct debit. I've set it up now, though it did try to tell me that my date of birth didnt match the number :rolleyes:

I didn't realise that you could set up the direct debit even if it came up with the message saying that the student ID number and DOB don't match. Thanks :smile:
Reply 17
Cheers for all the replies guys! I already got in contact wit a guy called alex who is stayin at runnymede, real nice guy aswell! Is any1 staying in Marshall halls, it looks like im the only person! I spoke to a secind year RHUL student and she said Runnymede campus ppl tend to stick together! Did n e 1 else find it confusing that there is a hall on the RHUL campus called Runnymede Hall? Wierd!
Reply 18
chrisbully
Did n e 1 else find it confusing that there is a hall on the RHUL campus called Runnymede Hall? Wierd!

That was the most frustrating thing EVER!

I was on another site, getting to know people from Runnymede... only to find out they were on the RHUL campus!

Gah!
Reply 19
Since we're all MSN equipped, [email protected] is my ID. Feel free to get in touch... :cool:

Latest