The Student Room Group

Marks and spencer grad

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I'd prefer North-west that was my first choice cause I go to Lancaster Uni but i'd take anywhere if i do get an offer its looking like ill be given whats left cause i reckon they will have phoned alot of people if they started on the 14th xx
Reply 81
how freaky I'm at lancaster too lol...what course do you do? xx
Reply 82
Marketing what about you? And that is very freaky!!
Reply 83
haha I do business studies, what a wierd coincidence! I didn't do any marketing modules until last term so probably won't have been with you for anything!
Reply 84
I did Business Studies in my first year but then changed to major in Marketing for my 2 final years, didn't wanna do accounting and finance and I enjoyed Marketing more. It is really weird cause I reckon only a handful of people who applied for m&s are on this thread!
Reply 85
Ahh I like the accounting and finance side of it! Yeah its such a coincidence, I know one other girl from uni who applied, she hasn't heard yet either. Was your assessment in altrincham?
Reply 86
no i went to the one nearer my home in metro centre cause i know the store and i did my training wen i worked at m&s there so i knew exactly where i needed to go. didnt want the stress of finding somewhere new. which college u in? x
Reply 87
ahh fair enough a girl from our uni has got a place at the metro centre one for the grad scheme, i'm in lonsdale you? x
Reply 88
County, seems like quite a few people have heard reckon they only have a handful of people to ring up if that :s xx
Reply 89
Has anyone heard anything yet? I've not heard anything :s Are they just sending letters for rejections? It will be 2 weeks on wed since they sent that email so i reckon we should all know by 9th March if we have got it or not xx
Reply 90
has anyone else been offered a job at the Thurrock store, or near that area!!?
Reply 91
Anyone who applied for the assistant woman's wear designer scheme heard back from M&S?
Reply 92
Is anyone still on hold for the retail management scheme??
Reply 93
hiya k_m_j,

I'm still on hold for the retail management scheme too! had my assessment day on the 2nd feb in newcastle, just want to hear either way now although i'm not hopeful! I've heard they have started sending letters to those unsuccessful but i've not heard anything, i'm getting so fed up of waiting :frown:

lazw56
I attended an assessment at Peterborough back in January, received an email expressing they had finished the assessments and were going to look over the results (standard email most people had received), this was about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything since.. to date myself and others from the same assessment have all been waiting 5 weeks! :frown: all of our applications state on hold and have ever since we received the latest email. Would love to know either way now as it is constantly on the mind all the time. Anyone have any hints or advice?

Well done to all those that have passed.
Reply 95
There is not alot you can do really except from just wait. If your whole assesment centre is still on hold, then i suggest they may not have reviewed your one yet.
Reply 96
After reading these threads I went back through my intial login.. which I could only find if I went back through to by assessment centre invite on my email. It told me my application was unsuccessful- gutted beyonds words! Although my Dad did try and tell me that I should not jump the gun and wait until they had contacted me directly, bless his attempts but application status: unsuccessful is as pretty concrete as it goes. Does anyone know how we go about getting feed back? It's just I have another assessment day in May for Waitrose and would quite like to know where I went wrong so (hopefully) I can make this one a success!
Congratulations to those who got through though!
Reply 97
Original post by Harryo

Hey, yeah the letter they send in the post has feedback on it saying which talents you demonstrated and then which talent they didnt see enough of...I know the feeling of seeing it in black and white, not good!

Original post by Harryo
After reading these threads I went back through my intial login.. which I could only find if I went back through to by assessment centre invite on my email. It told me my application was unsuccessful- gutted beyonds words! Although my Dad did try and tell me that I should not jump the gun and wait until they had contacted me directly, bless his attempts but application status: unsuccessful is as pretty concrete as it goes. Does anyone know how we go about getting feed back? It's just I have another assessment day in May for Waitrose and would quite like to know where I went wrong so (hopefully) I can make this one a success!

Congratulations to those who got through though!
Harryo, I know how you feel as Monday I had the same shock when I logged in and my status had changed to Application Unsuccessful.. bummer! :frown: I too have not been formally acknowledged so I rang them which then resulted in sending them an email to ask as to why I haven't been contacted and for my feedback. I suggest you do the same.

Frankster
I have been given an offer for retail management for the Canterbury store. Means I'm going to have to move to Canterbury, as it's very difficult to commute from London - but very excited that I was successful :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest