The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

Northumbria Applicants for 2012

Scroll to see replies

Good luck everyone! I am a second year northumbria student. Great place to study, I stayed in knoll court in 1st year. It's the place you want to stay in if your doing a business course, it's only 2 mins walk from the business school!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Reply 21
Original post by stesani

Original post by stesani
Congratulations! :smile:
That must be very exciting. Did you have an interview?

Nope, just got a conditional offer!
Reply 22
Original post by StacFace

Congrats! Do you know if you'll choose it as either firm/insurance yet?

Thank you! It's going to be my firm, im sure!
Reply 23
I've applied for Product Design and Design for Industry at Northumbria. Haven't made up my mind which i like more so I've applied to both :P Sent off my UCAS a few days ago so hoping for offers. Really hope I get in because the University seems really great!
Reply 24
Primary Ed...hoping I get a place!!! xx
Reply 25
Just got an offer for Law (Exempting) :biggrin:
Reply 26
Just got my offer
Conditional for Psychology - ABB
Just got an offer for Law (Exempting) :biggrin:

Ooh congratulations! I applied for the same but I only applied last week :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by FallonSmith
Ooh congratulations! I applied for the same but I only applied last week :smile:

Cool, I applied around mid-October, so about 3/4 weeks ago? So you might get one in a couple of weeks time (or few days if they've only recently started making offers) :smile:
Cool, I applied around mid-October, so about 3/4 weeks ago? So you might get one in a couple of weeks time (or few days if they've only recently started making offers) :smile:

Is Northumbria your firm or insurance? I applied last year for Law but I didn't really research my Uni's thoroughly so decided to reapply this year. I do hope I get an offer, it looks a great campus.
Reply 30
Is Northumbria your firm or insurance? I applied last year for Law but I didn't really research my Uni's thoroughly so decided to reapply this year. I do hope I get an offer, it looks a great campus.

Firm, I've applied before as well and didn't research properly but in 2010. I went to 6th form from school and did the IB Diploma instead of A levels but it was the school's first year of doing it and everyone either wasn't entered or did really badly. I moved to college and did A levels instead and am now doing much better, and now there's several unis I can apply for I've looked into them all properly.

Have you been on an open day? I went to the one in July and loved the Law school, it also had the best SU from the unis I looked at and tons of great accomodation.
Reply 31
Offer for Law (Exempting) ABB! :smile:
I am applying for three courses at Northumbria. Went to the open day! It looks like a great uni! I'm applying for Media and Journalism, Journalism and English Language Studies (:

Hope I get offers!
Firm, I've applied before as well and didn't research properly but in 2010. I went to 6th form from school and did the IB Diploma instead of A levels but it was the school's first year of doing it and everyone either wasn't entered or did really badly. I moved to college and did A levels instead and am now doing much better, and now there's several unis I can apply for I've looked into them all properly.

Have you been on an open day? I went to the one in July and loved the Law school, it also had the best SU from the unis I looked at and tons of great accomodation.

What are your predicted grades? I don't know whether to risk an AAB and AAA choice instead of a BCC one. Oh I've heard of the IB Diploma but unsure of what it really consisted of. I applied last year to Man Met, UCLan, Leeds Met (twice) and Sussex, but I didn't research it properly either.

No I haven't been to the open day, but I've heard great things about the Law School :tongue:
Reply 34
What are your predicted grades? I don't know whether to risk an AAB and AAA choice instead of a BCC one. Oh I've heard of the IB Diploma but unsure of what it really consisted of. I applied last year to Man Met, UCLan, Leeds Met (twice) and Sussex, but I didn't research it properly either.

No I haven't been to the open day, but I've heard great things about the Law School :tongue:

I'm predicted A*AA and got AABC at AS, realistically I think I'll get AAB/ABB though. I think it's worth having one choice you aim high with, you can then always have two realistic firms and two realistic insurance choices. I picked Oxford (high choice), Northumbria (first choice realistic firm ABB), Huddersfield (second choice realistic firm AAB), Sunderland (realistic insurance BCC) & Plymouth (realistic insurance 300 UCAS). I haven't decided which way round Plymouth & Sunderland are yet.

And remember if you get an offer and miss it then you've always got an insurance choice.
Oi oi folks!

Applied for adult nursing hons degree.
Monday 14th September is Student Finance Day! This is a national day dedicated to explaining the 2012 changes to student finance in England.

The main aim of Student Finance Day is simple - to ensure people understand how the new student finance package works before they make a decision as to whether they can afford to go to university.

At Northumbria we’re doing our best to provide clear, concise information about student finance, and to support scholars with a generous range of scholarships and bursaries.

Find out more by visiting our Finance and Scholarships web page: http://poweredby.northumbria.ac.uk/support/home.html
Reply 37
I've received a conditional offer to study Sociology woo!
99.9% sure i'll put Northumbria as my insurance choice.
As far as 'back up's' go, I'd say Northumbria's a pretty sweet one :smile:
Reply 38
I am applying for Computer Forensics With Placement Year :biggrin: and i want to get into camden courts
Reply 39
I've applied for Geography and Geography with Enviromental Management.
Hope I get an offer back soon :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending