The Student Room Group

Onyxia's Lair of discussion for World of Warcraft

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zurvan
Haha, is that quote for real or am I getting trolled?

In before someone says its good for casuals etc, PvP is already suitable for casuals since when was it hard to do a few Arena matches once a week.

Its real, now they've been given the best Non-elite season set. The previous season set for honor was already good.
Finally bought a one month trial.

Goodbye life, exams, sanity, etc... :teehee:
Reply 4362
Original post by spacepirate-James

Are you talking about a different game?
Reply 4363
Original post by Zurvan
Are you talking about a different game?

Only WoW and Asian MMOs do such thing.
Reply 4364
Original post by spacepirate-James

:yes: by taking up that trial you've effectively signed away the life you had before

:colone:
Reply 4365
Original post by skipp
:yes: by taking up that trial you've effectively signed away the life you had before

:colone:

You didn't answer that question from over 1 week ago as you promised me you will, :mad:

Anyways,

At last, http://www.wowhead.com/item=46109 dropped for me after fishing over 1500 fishes!

Such a cute mount, the most amazing ground mount.
MoP talent trees are out

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/mists-of-pandaria/feature/talent-calculator

This game is terminally ill.
Reply 4367
4.3 today!
As much as I love WoW... I'm pretty worried about its future ;(!

I was really hoping that following Firelands being nerfed so early that Blizzard would learn from their mistakes, but DS is way to easy. My guild killed the first 3 bosses without wiping once, we wiped 1 time on 4th boss and some people didn't know what to do... As a healer, I actually had trouble keeping the tank up during the TRASH. The trash is hitting harder than bosses. C'mon Blizzard :frown: You're better than this.
Its about as alive as Jade Goody.
Reply 4370
Original post by Pop_tart
As much as I love WoW... I'm pretty worried about its future ;(!

I was really hoping that following Firelands being nerfed so early that Blizzard would learn from their mistakes, but DS is way to easy. My guild killed the first 3 bosses without wiping once, we wiped 1 time on 4th boss and some people didn't know what to do... As a healer, I actually had trouble keeping the tank up during the TRASH. The trash is hitting harder than bosses. C'mon Blizzard :frown: You're better than this.

I'd reserve judgement until you try them on heroic. Every raid on normal is a joke.
God dammit. I don't play much. But i've done like 15 Combined ZAS and ZG runs and not had the cloth (for mage) head or shoulder drop once. It's so annoying having those as my only 346 items, whereas everything else is like 359 and 378 and **** xD. Wish i had more time to find some raiding..
Reply 4372
You can get 378 from JP now... You'll be fully 378 just doing some randoms! I almost am and I only dinged like a week or so ago...

And that's for Feral Tank and Resto sets :facepalm2:
Original post by R-KAM
You can get 378 from JP now... You'll be fully 378 just doing some randoms! I almost am and I only dinged like a week or so ago...

And that's for Feral Tank and Resto sets :facepalm2:

You can't get full 378 in a week.
Reply 4374
Original post by Tommyjw

Sadly you can get close to that. Some guy on my server dinged 85 and within 2 days had an item level of 378 (which is higher than my warriors :frown: ). It is possible but you need to spam the new instances over and over, which I can't be bothered to do.
Original post by Roobsa
Sadly you can get close to that. Some guy on my server dinged 85 and within 2 days had an item level of 378 (which is higher than my warriors :frown: ). It is possible but you need to spam the new instances over and over, which I can't be bothered to do.

Getting one piece in 2 days is not the same as getting full set in a week.

If someone had the gold they could get 4 pieces, give or take, just from AH. Doesn't mean they can easily get the others.
Reply 4376
Original post by Tommyjw
Getting one piece in 2 days is not the same as getting full set in a week.

If someone had the gold they could get 4 pieces, give or take, just from AH. Doesn't mean they can easily get the others.

Ah I wasn't talking about 1 set item. I was talking about an overall item level of 378. Misunderstood.
Reply 4377
Original post by Roobsa
I'd reserve judgement until you try them on heroic. Every raid on normal is a joke.

This is has always bugged me about WoW. The only time I've felt that the Heroic mode concept worked well was at Ulduar (Mimiron and Flame Leviathan being notable examples). It just seems rather cheap that to progress to a more difficult level you have to clear the whole raid then repeat it again in the same visual environment but with simply a few mechanics adjusted or numbers reworked (Hodir from Ulduar is actually prime example of how Heroic modes shouldn't be).

It just seemed that the previous concept that some sections of a Raid is more difficult then other sections within the Raid or external Raids worked better. This also meant that you didn't simply have to be pigeon holded into only one raid as well.

For example in Burning Crusade the first few bosses of SSC and TK would be fairly accessible to take down (Void Reaver, Lurker Below etc) while the deeper parts would be very difficult and could be classes as the "Heroic modes" of today (Lady Vashj, Kael'thas and to an extent Leotheras the blind etc). Then the Black Temple would be consisted of less formidable opponents at the starting sections (Karabors Sewers & The Training Grounds) then these of the "Heroic mode" bosses until the later stages.

It just seemed a lot more dynamic having overall more content and fresh environments.
Reply 4378
Original post by Tommyjw

Original post by Tommyjw

AH, crafting, some generous friends/guilds and a bunch of instances/quests later and I'm pretty much there...

I got 3/4 pieces last night alone from the new instances.
Reply 4379
I was about to quit WoW for good after I finish DS 10 normal with a guild,

But after watching Pandaren monk gameplay, and reading about MoP and how will it bring the old vanilla feeling of mystery (say who's the main villan in MoP?), and many new fresh ideas,

The idea of quitting became upside down, I am either going to quit the game now (already, subscribtion ended), or resubscribe and do massive AHing to collect gold for my new Monk chopper and other "luxuries", as Monk has a good chance it'll become my main over my DK.

Quick Reply

Latest