The Student Room Group

The Working At Asda Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hearts10
What does the Christmas uniform look like? and what do you wear to the best welcome?

It's all red with a little sewn on Santa on it.. and we have to wear hats too haha.

Just the same as interviews!
Original post by AndSparkles

Good luck! They'll show you everything, but be warned that you're gonna be knackered afterwards!

Thanks! I was gutted.. they put me on check outs from 9-1 and i took to it like a duck to water. Absolutely loved it. Then they realised that i'm only nearly 17 and took me off of the checkouts and now i have to hold the 'space here' stick. :frown: So so so gutted! Never mind! only 8 months to go until I can go back on the check outs!

The Christmas uniform is comfy! It's like a red shirt or long sleeved polo, and a red gilet with Santa on! :smile:
Reply 1342
Whats the best way to get a job at ASDA? Applying online or by actually going into a shop?
Reply 1343
Just applied, wish me luck! :smile:

Original post by 1L8A7D9
Whats the best way to get a job at ASDA? Applying online or by actually going into a shop?

I think even if you go into the store they'll tell you to do it online, it's a lot easier as well :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1344
Original post by AndSparkles
It's all red with a little sewn on Santa on it.. and we have to wear hats too haha.

Just the same as interviews!

Do they make u wear the hats?! :O
Reply 1345
Original post by m00balot
Hello, I work for ASDA and have done so for a year, have worked on ALOT of departments and am trained on ALOT of different things (I'm a bit of an ASDA whore, but I need the money, so I like to do alot!)

If you have ANY questions about applying, the application or the interviewing process, even the working and the way to use a till (if your desperate to know :P ) just ask!

Have you worked in the store warehouse or done delivery driving? if so, what do those jobs involve? Thanks
Reply 1346
Original post by BPickering
I had my group interview yesterday, and then we all had an individual interview. May I ask, when did they contact you to let you know whether you'd got the job or not?

3 hours after I left! Lol
Reply 1347
what other company that recruits on line gives people less than 24hrs notice to attend a magic event? that day being a Saturday? complete shambles of an organisation

AND SPARKLES, you're wrong. There was only one date one I could select and it was on the same day as a very important event for me! Why are you so protective of asda, what role do you hold there?
Original post by mature_like_cheese

Original post by mature_like_cheese
Woohoo I got a 16 hour contract working night shift!
any ideas what the rate of pay is? thanks!

Congratulations.

Regarding the pay rate, I think it's about £8.30 an hour. Is the store you applied for a 24-hour store, or are you going to be working while the store is closed?
Original post by Mr. Frying Pan
Congratulations.

Regarding the pay rate, I think it's about £8.30 an hour. Is the store you applied for a 24-hour store, or are you going to be working while the store is closed?

Saw you today as you were walking out the store lol. Realised our pay has gone up to like 6.28 yesterday.
Reply 1350
omg. how do you all remember the fruit codes? such a mare. also, gift cards and vouchers: not a clue! When I worked at M&S everything was touchscreen with a big picture :frown:
not sure about anything else but with the apg vouchers
you check the receipt + the green print out have the same number.. the number is obvious on the green print out + it's at the top of the prices on the receipt. If it does, you scan the green print out and then press total + then you either scan the black print out, or type in 500 and press the 'coupon' button :smile:

don't forget to put 2 black lines through the coupons once you have used them but don't let the lines go through the bar code!

hope i helped! :smile:
Reply 1352
Original post by emily27x
not sure about anything else but with the apg vouchers
you check the receipt + the green print out have the same number.. the number is obvious on the green print out + it's at the top of the prices on the receipt. If it does, you scan the green print out and then press total + then you either scan the black print out, or type in 500 and press the 'coupon' button :smile:

don't forget to put 2 black lines through the coupons once you have used them but don't let the lines go through the bar code!

hope i helped! :smile:

Thank you! So you have to scan two things? I just thought you checked the receipt and vouchers matched then scan the voucher?
I have an ASDA interview on Weds. I was wondering if the group interview and one to one interview are always done on separate days?

Has anyone ever done these both on the same day and then been told at a later time whether they have been successful or not??
Hi there, i hope someone can help me.
I am currently a seasonal colleague within asda for thelast 3 years. Today I had to get in contact with them to let them know that i would only be able to work Christmas eve this year as i finish term on the 19th, i am currently in my final year of university and i have got a lot of work to do for the first week of jan. I currently live away from home and i will only be home from 23rd December for a week. I informed asda of my situation and they told me that unless i dont come back when every other seasonal colleague is coming back on the 11th December, then my contract will be terminated. I dont know what to do as my course does not end to 19th December for xmas.
any help would be greatful.
Since I'm not trying to get a job at ASDA I suppose this could be kind of considered off-topic, but I have to ask it.... why do you insist on plastering the place with Christmas decorations and playing Christmas songs several weeks before advent even starts?
Just applied, if i get invited to a 'magic' event i'm assuming jumper shirt trousers shoes is alright to wear?

Anybody know the current starting wage for Christmas temps? then again i suppose anythings better than £3.64 an hour.
Reply 1357
What is the pay for asda?
Reply 1358
Original post by pink-marshmallow
I have an ASDA interview on Weds. I was wondering if the group interview and one to one interview are always done on separate days?

Has anyone ever done these both on the same day and then been told at a later time whether they have been successful or not??

Hi i got my call today and was ask to go for the whole day on thursday and i would have my 1 on 1 interview that day x
:smile:
Reply 1359
Does any one know how long it is before u get paid when u first start ie a week in hand or month as am not entitled to any help off benifits as i havnt been on benifits for long enough thanks xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending