The Student Room Group

Language applicants for 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VickyDoodle

Original post by VickyDoodle
Offer from Newcastle for Spanish and Japanese!~
AAB, with an A in Spanish. :biggrin: Gotta work to get my B in Bio now.. off to do the coursework u_u

well done!! :biggrin: enjoy the coursework ;D
Thanks ^^
30 pages into the c/w now D:
offer from Cardiff for french and german, YAY!! :biggrin:
Just got an offer from Liverpool for French and Spanish - BBB. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So relieved. SOMEONE WANTS ME! <3
Original post by JadoreHan
offer from Cardiff for french and german, YAY!! :biggrin:

Original post by Liam6993
Just got an offer from Liverpool for French and Spanish - BBB. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So relieved. SOMEONE WANTS ME! &lt;3

well done!!! :biggrin:
Original post by kayleigh.jean
well done!!! :biggrin:

thank you :smile: where have you applied and for what languages? :smile:

thank you :smile: where have you applied and for what languages? :smile:

St Andrew's, Essex, Edinburgh, Leicester and Birmingham for French and Spanish and various types of politics :biggrin: had an offer from Birmingham yesterday :biggrin:

where else have you applied?
Original post by JakeE10
Hey that doesn't mean you're rubbish at it! A B in a language is great!! They're one of the hardest A Levels to do, you should be proud :smile:

I suppose I suppose......... :smile: Just comparing to my other a levels its my worst one......

Original post by Heatherr17
Don't be silly! When you're doing subjects like Maths which are impossible, it's pretty impressive to have a B in German :biggrin:

Hmm true...i'm just predicted As in my other two...one is maths actually!! :biggrin: Thats my best subject!
Just got an offer from aston for german!!! Wowwwww :d
Original post by JakeE10

Nice one, congrats!
Original post by Deceiver
Nice one, congrats!

Thank you!! :biggrin:
Reply 2011
Original post by JakeE10
Why, where have you applied? :smile:

University of Portsmouth- Spanish Studies + Spanish and Latin American Studies
UCLan- Spanish and Japanese
Coventry University- Spanish
Oxford Brookes- Japanese and Spanish

They made me change all my options really quickly because they only told me my predicted grades the day before I had to send it off.
Reply 2012
Original post by JakeE10

Well done!:biggrin:
Original post by Taurus05
Well done!:biggrin:

Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by Pi!
University of Portsmouth- Spanish Studies + Spanish and Latin American Studies
UCLan- Spanish and Japanese
Coventry University- Spanish
Oxford Brookes- Japanese and Spanish

They made me change all my options really quickly because they only told me my predicted grades the day before I had to send it off.

Wish I knew Oxford Brookes did Spanish combined with Japanese, that would have been a good choice! Coventry's gorgeous though. :biggrin: Had a lovely chat with the Spanish tutor there on Saturday about the course.
Original post by kayleigh.jean
St Andrew's, Essex, Edinburgh, Leicester and Birmingham for French and Spanish and various types of politics :biggrin: had an offer from Birmingham yesterday :biggrin:

where else have you applied?

Cardiff, Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Birmingham :smile: had two offers sop far, just waiting for hear from the other three now!!
I was gonna do french and beginners spanish cos spanish is awesome :smile: but i thought seeing as I already know german, might as well do that
ah well done :smile: whats your first choice?
Reply 2016
Wooohoo interview for Southampton for Modern Languages! :smile:
Also have offers from Exeter (32 IB points) & York (35 IB points)
Original post by Faffyfoo
Wooohoo interview for Southampton for Modern Languages! :smile:
Also have offers from Exeter (32 IB points) & York (35 IB points)

Well done!! :biggrin: What are your other two unis? and which languages are you applying for?
Got my first offer yesterday :biggrin: - French and Italian (ab initio) at Exeter AAB! Had a bit of a nightmare trying to log on to track though - had an agonising 10 mins after receiving the e-mail from UCAS where track kept telling me my details were invalid (despite the fact that i'd copied and pasted my ID number from their e-mail and had managed to log on easily earlier that day!). Eventually I had to click the "forgotten details" button and then after that it miraculously worked! Very weird...
Reply 2019
Original post by Heatherr17
Well done!! :biggrin: What are your other two unis? and which languages are you applying for?

Bath, and Oxford :smile: German and Spanish....and beginner's Italian at Southampton

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending