The Student Room Group

choosing a course at Uni

I am currently study my A-Levels at college and haven take Maths, physics, Further Maths and Design Technology. I'm unsure about what to take at Uni and i need some advise:smile:
Take something you're interested in.
maths maybe?
Reply 3
If you're interested in maths (which it looks like you are!) a degree in mathematical sciences would give you a lot of options for more specialized study in the future without being too vocational now.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by dinahthecat
Couldn't agree more! This is key!

If you're interested in maths (which it looks like you are!) a degree in mathematical sciences would give you a lot of options for more specialized study in the future without being too vocational now.

Damn right you agree with me. :colone:
(edited 12 years ago)
If you're unsure, go to open days and visit the departments of courses you are potentially interested in, go to taster course days, read about the subjects, read up on possible careers from these subjects, weigh up your strengths, weaknesses and most importantly INTERESTS. Take the Stamford test or even the one that costs £25. Just FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU CAN.

I didn't do enough and ended up changing my mind not so long ago so do everything you can :smile:
Reply 6
Dont ask us to pick your future course and then indirectly your career.
What a fool.
Get@Me
A little thing called research exists.

You can supplement that with what you WANT to do.

Sigh
Reply 8
Don't go to uni if you're asking other people what you should be studying.
Maths?
Physics
Economics?
Engineering?

All well-paying and maths-based (which seems to be where your interests lie).
Reply 10
Something that would give you a good job afer you graduate...damn, there're so many people with physics degrees out there on the dole right now. Sad but true.
Reply 11
ok thanks, guess the best thing is to go to Open days and check out the courses :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending