The Student Room Group

BA Philosophy at Birkbeck - Distance learning

Hello,

I am interested in the BA Philosophy course at Birkbeck - anybody out there with current or past experiences to share?

I have come across a fair amount of criticism for University of London's External program, and am curious to see if it applies to the courses done through Birkbeck too...

Thanks!

ram
Why do you want to do a distance learning course? I was researching it too but decided against it, as it would be too difficult to teach myself.
Reply 2
Distance because I'm in India! Also, I have a stable career which mercifully allows me to control my time ( in big chunks - I'm a cinematographer ) and therefore, should I so choose, allows me to pursue another career/hobby/discipline. I do choose indeed, and have always found philosophical inquiry inspiring ( I majored in Physics in college - crashed and burned, but that's another story ). So, while I definitely find the course material daunting, that is precisely the challenge that I feel I need. Also, since the effort is purely for personal improvement, I do not see it as a risk or an as investment. Perhaps I should do the diploma before committing to a BA, but then as a mature student I am loathe to lose time, even if only for one course... Why did you decide against distance learning?
Hey!
I'm doing the BA in Philosophy so feel free to PM me if you have any questions. :smile:

Btw, here's the facebook page of the programme:
http://www.facebook.com/uol.philosophy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending