The Student Room Group

First Choice for Pharmacy 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I've just finished my first semester at Bath and absolutely loved it. Give me a shout if you had any questions or anything!
Reply 101
Original post by Jambo
I've just finished my first semester at Bath and absolutely loved it. Give me a shout if you had any questions or anything!

Oh that's great to hear! How's the course like?! Hard? enjoyable? Etcccc
Original post by Jambo

What aspects of maths did you come across so far? How many hours of practicals do you get per week?
Reply 103
Original post by Doctor.
Oh that's great to hear! How's the course like?! Hard? enjoyable? Etcccc

Umm the difficulty depends on what subjects you've done and what works for each person really. I've always liked organic chemistry so the medicinal chemistry side of it has been no problem, but i've never been good at learning equations so having to put some extra time in to try and learn Biopharmaceutics etc :tongue: It's not unmanagable by any strech though, we've got very few people from the year above redoing the year with us so when you're on the course you should be fine really! :smile:

Really enjoyable though, you meet so many people within the first weeks of starting here! It's all pretty interesting coursewise and the lifestyle, social life etc is much better than people give Bath credit for to be honest. Living on campus is pretty awesome too, and there are so many sports or societies to get involved in up here. The pharmacy society runs a yearly ball, trips to London, nights out etc so you get to know a lot of the guys on your course pretty quickly! I'm hopefully gonna be a pharmacy mentor/freshers crew next year so will probably see you around if you come here :biggrin:

That's just sortof a brief overview, feel free to ask if there was anything more specific you wanted to know!
Reply 104
Original post by Freiheit
What aspects of maths did you come across so far? How many hours of practicals do you get per week?

Umm the maths isn't anything extreme by any means, it tends to be more applied like converting between units, calculating dosage regimes etc. Biopharm has more formula based maths to calculate the absorption, elimination, ionisation of drugs in the body and all that. You get lots of workshops based on the maths side of things though so they do go through any problems you have there and then.

Practicals vary to be honest, beginning of semester you're looking at usually one 2-3 hour long Microbiology practical a week. Midway through you have more than that as you've learnt enough theory to make it worthwhile doing Biopharm practicals etc.
Reply 105
Original post by Jambo
Umm the difficulty depends on what subjects you've done and what works for each person really. I've always liked organic chemistry so the medicinal chemistry side of it has been no problem, but i've never been good at learning equations so having to put some extra time in to try and learn Biopharmaceutics etc :tongue: It's not unmanagable by any strech though, we've got very few people from the year above redoing the year with us so when you're on the course you should be fine really! :smile:

Really enjoyable though, you meet so many people within the first weeks of starting here! It's all pretty interesting coursewise and the lifestyle, social life etc is much better than people give Bath credit for to be honest. Living on campus is pretty awesome too, and there are so many sports or societies to get involved in up here. The pharmacy society runs a yearly ball, trips to London, nights out etc so you get to know a lot of the guys on your course pretty quickly! I'm hopefully gonna be a pharmacy mentor/freshers crew next year so will probably see you around if you come here :biggrin:

That's just sortof a brief overview, feel free to ask if there was anything more specific you wanted to know!

Aw thanks for that, I will defiantly be in contact some timeee :smile:. i always knew Bath had a good nightlife :holmes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending