Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Primary Teaching Interview Help

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by h-rose
heya, ive got an interview on the 17th of march and am just wondering what the maths paper was like and what kind of questions they were.. also what type of questions they asked you in the indiviudal interview! SO NERVOUS!

thanks xxxx

the papers multiple choice and you just need to know basic things like fractions, decimals and multiplication.
dont worry about the individual interview. it's more like a conversation about school placement and a level subjects. it's quite relaxed. just show off basically with everything you know :smile:
Good luck!!! :biggrin:
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by h-rose
heya, ive got an interview on the 17th of march and am just wondering what the maths paper was like and what kind of questions they were.. also what type of questions they asked you in the indiviudal interview! SO NERVOUS!

thanks xxxx

Was this for hull? If so, Dont worry honestly :smile: the maths paper was easy just revise basic things like fractions, percentages and decimals... the rest was just addition, subtraction, multiplication and division so not too hard,
The individual interview was fine, they asked me the obvious ones like why do you want to be a teacher, and they also asked things about lessons you would do... Make sure you know about who the education issues too and who the main people are :smile: also like your hobbies and books you've read.

Hope that is of some help and good luck!
Original post by becky555

i chose to teach about girlguiding because i knew a lot about it. i handed a small quiz as well so they could get involved :smile: but it's really relaxed and you can just have fun with it. :smile: the actual interview is really relaxed as well. its really informal so its not as nervewracking!
i ended up getting an offer so mine went well. just remember to invlolve the audience as much as you can. good luck!!!! :biggrin:

Hi there ladies

I have received an offer for early primary pgce for Scarborough
Are any of you going to stay in uni accommodation?? I'm in need of a flat share or something haha

Xoxo jessicca
Reply 23
Hi, I have a place too! :biggrin: so exciting!!

I already live in scarborough so wont be looking for accommodation, I have friends who have used the uni accommodation though and from what ive seen, it looks pretty good. They tend to place the pgce students together, so that you dont end up sharing with the first years who are likely to be partying more than we will have chance too!!

Have you heard anything about when the intro day is?

Chloe x
Reply 24
I've got a place there too as an undergraduate, I cannot wait. However I'm going to sort out the accomadation when we get the guides through in around May.
Reply 25
Original post by Matty159
I've got a place there too as an undergraduate, I cannot wait. However I'm going to sort out the accomadation when we get the guides through in around May.

congrats on the offer :smile: are you thinking of staying on campus or on the managed accommodation? i'm not quite sure what the more popular option is, :smile:
Reply 26
congrats on the offer :smile: are you thinking of staying on campus or on the managed accommodation? i'm not quite sure what the more popular option is, :smile:

Thanks a lot. Definitely managed accommodation, or private sector. I found some good stuff here ;- http://www.scarboroughstudentpad.co.uk/Home
Some of the places there look very nice, at reasonable prices. Being Private sector I never expected that, some with sea front views with I'm very keen on. Just to join in with the actual conversation I got quite creative with my presentation.. I brought in a big sheet of A3 with big drum notations on and taught everyone basic notation in 5 minutes, I even got the people examining to join in haha! Worked out to be a treat.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Thanks a lot. Definitely managed accommodation, or private sector. I found some good stuff here ;- http://www.scarboroughstudentpad.co.uk/Home
Some of the places there look very nice, at reasonable prices. Being Private sector I never expected that, some with sea front views with I'm very keen on. Just to join in with the actual conversation I got quite creative with my presentation.. I brought in a big sheet of A3 with big drum notations on and taught everyone basic notation in 5 minutes, I even got the people examining to join in haha! Worked out to be a treat.

ooh thanks. i'll have a look. :smile: that sounds like a great idea. is scarborough your first choice then? :smile:
Reply 28
ooh thanks. i'll have a look. :smile: that sounds like a great idea. is scarborough your first choice then? :smile:

Yeah, Scarborough is by far and away my first choice. What about you?
Reply 29
Yeah, Scarborough is by far and away my first choice. What about you?

yeah Scarborough is definitely my first choice as well :smile:
Reply 30
Has anyone on this thread got in to Hull for their primary PGCE? I had to do the maths resit and I'm now, just sorting out get replicas of my GCSE certificates because my parents can't find mine - stresssss!
Hi,
I am applying for the Primary Teaching course at these universities and was wondering what the interview would include...

University of Hertfordshire
University of Bedfordshire (I have been asked to bring an artefact to effect/develop education)
University of Middlesex

Please could you tell me step-by-step what was included in the interview + share any useful tips :smile: ?
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest