The Student Room Group

What's your idea of good GCSE grades?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mrkingpenguin
It's another KEYBOARD WARRIER. :creep:

Not really - view it as dissertation procrastination and you might be onto something.
There was an Afghanistan asylum seeker in my school - he couldn't even speak English yet achieved 6 Cs, 2 Bs and 1 A* (in maths, go figure :tongue:) after being at my school for almost 2 years.
I thought those where bloody good grades in his circumstances, however it really varies on what a person expects from themselves.
Original post by USKEY
I wasn't even talking to you.

Are you telling me you are arrogant as well?

If so, then you must be part of some kind of arrogance cult, or something like that.
You're not welcome in normal society.

Then I realised people like you exist. You make me sick. You may be gifted with the ability to find 'nothing challenging with the UK school system', but it's clear that you lack any level of social skills.

I was insulted by your're apparent ability to morally judge someone from one short sentence they wrote on this forum. :colonhash:
Original post by USKEY
You're arrogant. Enough said.

So? Anyhow - you haven't responded to my earlier point about why Eton gets better results. Shall we get this back on track?
Reply 84
It's another KEYBOARD WARRIER. :creep:

Okay, okay. Clearly I'm fighting a loosing battle.

Can you kindly explain to me what I have done wrong to you? Personally, I thought I was the good guy here, trying to highlight how arrogant people generally are a waste of space. I didn't even say anything to you.

Also, you have names for types of people on the internet? Please, there is a perfectly good outside to explore.
Care to back this up with...er...evidence?

I can assure that we also have friends.

must be another angry #rejectedbyoxbridge user

Who - me or him?
Original post by USKEY
Okay, okay. Clearly I'm fighting a loosing battle.

Can you kindly explain to me what I have done wrong to you? Personally, I thought I was the good guy here, trying to highlight how arrogant people generally are a waste of space. I didn't even say anything to you.

Also, you have names for types of people on the internet? Please, there is a perfectly good outside to explore.

Whynot come back on topic and answer my point, or am I to assume you just hate private schools?
Reply 87

Then I realised people like you exist. You make me sick. You may be gifted with the ability to find 'nothing challenging with the UK school system', but it's clear that you lack any level of social skills.

I was insulted by your're apparent ability to morally judge someone from one short sentence they wrote on this forum. :colonhash:

Okay, that's fair enough. Did you not read that guy's comments. Hell, it even smelt of arrogance. I don't see why he is justified to say that GCSEs 'are piss' for everyone. When clearly, they are not. Like my post said above, people are different.

That is the reason I made my assumption. Why are you not having a go at him as well, for also making an assumption.
Original post by USKEY
Okay, that's fair enough. Did you not read that guy's comments. Hell, it even smelt of arrogance. I don't see why he is justified to say that GCSEs 'are piss' for everyone. When clearly, they are not. Like my post said above, people are different.

That is the reason I made my assumption. Why are you not having a go at him as well, for also making an assumption

Still not coming on topic?
Reply 89
Original post by Azarimanka
Whynot come back on topic and answer my point, or am I to assume you just hate private schools?

Azarimanka. I think you are getting confused with who you are replying to.

Yes, i was the one who called you socially inept.
No, I did not mention private schools for one moment.

Get your bearing with who you are talking to.
Original post by When you see it...
Since you're so clever, can you tell me what it is that belongs to A*?:tongue:

Since you're so clever, it's a shame you don't understand sarcasm.
Original post by USKEY
Azarimanka. I think you are getting confused with who you are replying to.

Yes, i was the one who called you socially inept.
No, I did not mention private schools for one moment.

Get your bearing with who you are talking to.

However you did agree with the point of the one who raised the question of Eton vs a deprived comp. Therefore why not share your views
Original post by hannah1994
Since you're so clever, it's a shame you don't understand sarcasm.

It's hard to tell whether someone is being sarcastic over the internet. Especially on tsr.
all A*'s. if you don't get that mate then don't bother with a-levels.

How did I get 35 negative rep's for this? I wasn't actually being serious...!
Completely depends on the person!
Original post by Azarimanka
Minimum 6-7A* no more than one B.

I honestly fail to understand how some people are so stupid that they get ANY Cs and below unless there are personal reasons involved.

some people are not academic (low IQ or learning difficulties etc).

my parents did Physics and Engineering at UCL and Bristol respectively.

My parents and brother would sit for hours trying to teach him how to do his maths homework and he had private maths and writing tutors since he started primary school.
In the end he got 1C 1E and 7Ds. Having worked more than a lot of people with better grades and having had a tutor for 4 subjects and my parents guiding him through it all.

There's nothing technically wrong with my brother (no learning difficulties) some people are just not academic.
I got 8A*s 4As at GCSE AAAAB at AS level and am predicted A*A*AA at a-level.
If I had done no revision I would still have got 5A*s. Some GCSEs seemed like a joke to me. WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT (:

I'd probably agree with you if I did not have my brother for a brother.
Original post by When you see it...
It's hard to tell whether someone is being sarcastic over the internet. Especially on tsr.

haha well sorry, but it was meant in a sarcastic tone when i wrote it, i don't actually think that!
How did I get 35 negative rep's for this? I wasn't actually being serious...!

I saw your post when I opened the thread and thought...

WTF? IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY A JOKE, PEOPLE!

Just thought I'd put that out there :biggrin:
Original post by Moiraclaire
some people are not academic (low IQ or learning difficulties etc).

my parents did Physics and Engineering at UCL and Bristol respectively.

My parents and brother would sit for hours trying to teach him how to do his maths homework and he had private maths and writing tutors since he started primary school.
In the end he got 1C 1E and 7Ds. Having worked more than a lot of people with better grades and having had a tutor for 4 subjects and my parents guiding him through it all.

There's nothing technically wrong with my brother (no learning difficulties) some people are just not academic.
I got 8A*s 4As at GCSE AAAAB at AS level and am predicted A*A*AA at a-level.
If I had done no revision I would still have got 5A*s. Some GCSEs seemed like a joke to me. WE'RE ALL DIFFERENT (:

I'd probably agree with you if I did not have my brother for a brother.

I agree entirely - this is why we should not have comprehensives: people who are not academic and people who are academic should be seperated and allowed to dowhat they are good at... ie the Grammar school system.
Any fewer than 20 A*s is sufficient grounds for suicide, obviously

Spoiler

Quick Reply