The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dulciemae
Anyone on here seen the University of Leeds aswell and would be able to give me a comparison? I've got an offer from both but I really love Leeds! Is it worth looking at Sheffield too, to see what I may be missing out on? Everyone seems to love it! :biggrin:

Leeds is going to be my firm choice i think so if you want to know anything just message me :smile:
What course are you applying for?
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 61
Original post by juliewho
Sorry to break the chain, but i'm insuring Sheffield - it was between Newcastle and Sheffield and then Sheffield gave me a lower offer, so it seems logical! Love the city and the university though, I spend a lot of time there already :smile:

ahhhh im picking between sheffield and newcastle. sheffield is my higher offer but newcastle gave me a scholarship :/ such a hard decision!
Reply 62
Original post by BeckyD
Firmed it for Journalism Studies :smile: Definitely applying for Endcliffe Village!

I got my offer for journalism as well and i will probably also apply for endcliffe! i think ill firm it in about a weeks time haha giving me a little more time to think :smile:
Reply 63
Firmed it today for English Language and Linguistics! Will be applying for Endcliffe soon :smile:
not fair! still undecided, check imperial firmers and they're all lads, check sheffield firmers and all girls, decisions...
Reply 65
Original post by MyNeighbourTotoro
Firmed Sheffield 3 weeks ago. :biggrin: Manchester is my insurance even though it's the same grades. :tongue:
Just applied for accommodation. My main choice is Endcliffe ensuite. Seems like most people are choosing Endcliffe but i don't mind being in Ranmoor instead.

Im in exactly the same position! Manchester with same grades as insurance :')
AND i've just applied for Endcliffe Ensuite :biggrin:

What course are you? :smile:
Reply 66
How long is it before you can apply for accomodation after you've firmed?
Reply 67

Original post by Jimmy_EFC
Possibly firming for Chemistry, but really confused between Sheffield and Warwick :frown:

Choose Sheffield! I live in Warwick and it's really boringgg, nothing much to do! But then again Warwick has the better rep
Insured Sheffield for BSc Economics (firmed LSE), applied for en-suite at Endcliffe.

I live in Sheffield so feel free to ask me anything!
Reply 69
Just firmed sheffield :biggrin: AHHHH SO EXCITED NOW! But Ranmoor or Endcliffe for accomodation :/ x
Original post by RMW1994
Just firmed sheffield :biggrin: AHHHH SO EXCITED NOW! But Ranmoor or Endcliffe for accomodation :/ x

Same, but firmed on thurs.
Reply 71
Original post by .snowflake.
Same, but firmed on thurs.

Cool,what course are you doing? and which accomodation are you thinking of/have you chosen? :smile: x
Original post by RMW1994
Cool,what course are you doing? and which accomodation are you thinking of/have you chosen? :smile: x

MChem Chemistry with a year in europe. Probably Endcliffe ensuite, single sex. Dad is completely against me sharing a kitchen with boys.
Reply 73
Just chosen Endcliffe self-catered/ensuite :biggrin: x
Original post by .snowflake.
MChem Chemistry with a year in europe. Probably Endcliffe ensuite, single sex. Dad is completely against me sharing a kitchen with boys.

single sex? :frown:
Reply 75
Original post by isitinyet?

You can also pick mixed gender, if you don't want to be with all boys. You can always meet up with girls in other places, too :tongue:
Original post by isitinyet?

I don't have problems with boys, they're alright. It's just dad's heard horror stories about boys forcing girls to cook for them etc.
Original post by Bekah93
Firmed for Law and Criminology! Hopefully my hard work pays off and I get in...
Went to the open day and loved everything about it!

I've firmed law and criminology too :smile:
Reply 78
Original post by donotworry
I've firmed law and criminology too :smile:

After my Jan results realised it would be next to impossible to get the grades (Biology is basically the Devil), so called them up and switched to Social Policy and Criminology instead!
Good luck though!
Original post by beatgen
Me too! I'm sure I read somewhere that you get allocated accommodation first if you have an unconditional, but I might just be making that up, haha. I hope so, anyway :smile:

I've got an unconditional too and have been randomly reading that unconditionals get allocated 1st, hope so :P! I read somewhere that unconditionals will be told in July and conditionals shall be told after their results :smile: