The Student Room Group

Hertfordshire Adult Nursing 2012

Acepted my offer for adult nursing at hertfordshire ,

Anyone else here joining me :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
anyone ?
Reply 2
I accepted my offer a few weeks back also - hopefully there is a few more people :P
Reply 3
yeahh ahah hopefully ,are u applying for halls
Reply 4
Yeah, but I'm really undecided about which ones to go for - I don't really want somewhere too noisy. Which ones were you thinking of applying for?
Reply 5
i withdrew all my others and firmed herts as thats the only one i wanted to go to
Reply 6
Sorry - I was talking about the halls :P I've accepted Herts as my firm choice too. Can't wait for September :smile:
Reply 7
ohh sorry ahah im commuting as i live like a 10 minuites away already :smile:
Reply 8
ah - thats nice and convenient then :biggrin:

Are you on FB? Would be good to get to know a future classmate :biggrin: Wonder if anyone else is going to join this thread :P
Reply 9
yeahh it would be good if some others do and yeahh ill send the link in a private message if i can figure out how to do that :smile:
Reply 10
Hi girls, I also got a conditional offer back in January, to start in September! But I haven't accepted yet as I am waiting to hear from my other choices ... But there is still a great possibility I ll join you !!! Xxx:smile:
Reply 11
Original post by kellyyy
Acepted my offer for adult nursing at hertfordshire ,

Anyone else here joining me :smile:

Hii this is the only thread I could find but I have An interview cumming up and it's my only choice for herts adult nursing could u tell me how the interview and
Maths n english was about plsssss
Congrats to all of ya! I got interview tomorrow at Hertfordshire. i am worried about the numeracy/literacy.
Reply 13
good luck its not too hard really u only need something like 40 %
Reply 14
Hi I have my interview soon for adult nursing Hertfordshire could you tell me the type of interview and maths n English questions pls
Reply 15
Original post by Anneamy
Hi I have my interview soon for adult nursing Hertfordshire could you tell me the type of interview and maths n English questions pls

Good Luck! I thought it was quite straight forward. The maths was simple problems - just worded into real life situations lots of conversions from ml to L, etc.

The english was a bit odd. But I must have done OK. Its just answering questions from a passage. like what two ways is x suggesting to help y.

I was quite nervous in my interview, but I guess they know that most people will be. It was things like why nursing, what experience do you have, etc.

Good Luck (again). Let us know the result :biggrin:
Reply 16
Original post by Anneamy

Hey when is your interview?
anyway i wanted to share my experience with all of you wanting to go for the selection day at Hertfordshire

Maths and English exam:
English: to write summary then find key words
Maths: basic maths, mainly conversion from kl to milliliter or liter, mean, arithmetic addition/subtraction/division

Interview:
there were 5 set of question and the lady told me this is the standard question.
1.Why do you want to do Adult nursing?
2. this question i cant remember but it is something to do with role of a nurse
3. How do you handle conflict when there is one?
if the patients do not want to come into hospital for care and they stay out, 4.how do you handle this situation?
5. how do you manage stress or cope with university...something related to this

the people taking interview are very nice friendly people, smiling all the time. there will be 2 people sitting in the room. one will listen to you or even help you if you get stuck with some of the question or you are finding hard to answer and another will write down the main points of your answer.

Good luck
Original post by kellyyy
good luck its not too hard really u only need something like 40 %

Hey Kelly!
How long did you wait to get accepted and did they asked you to submit second reference? i was asked to submit my second references from work after the interview.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 19
hi i waited about 2 weeks and i didnt have to submit another reference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending