The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Church in Brighton

I'm going to be starting University at Brighton in September and want to start looking at churches I could go to so I could find one to make my home while I'm at Uni. My aim is just to try and try a few out until I find the right fit for me, but I was just wondering if anyone in the area had any they could recommend. Thanks!
Original post by J.Simpson
I'm going to be starting University at Brighton in September and want to start looking at churches I could go to so I could find one to make my home while I'm at Uni. My aim is just to try and try a few out until I find the right fit for me, but I was just wondering if anyone in the area had any they could recommend. Thanks!

Hi there!

There are a lot of churches in Brighton, so any recommendations I could give would depend on the sort of church you're interested in.

A couple of the ones a lot of students go to are CCK and St Peters.

A growing number of students also go to Holland Road (which is also the church I go to and am involved with the student ministry there).

I know other students have or still do also go to a wide variety of places including City Coast and Bishop Hannington. But these are just a few of the churches available.

Maybe take a look at their websites and see what they are like and see which seem to be what you want out of a church. I'd also recommend trying a few out at the start of the year to get a real feel for what they are like before settling down at one.

Several churches might also have special welcomes for students on different Sundays over the start of the year. I don't know if it's done from Brighton Uni, but from Sussex Uni campus some churches also offer campus pick ups at the start of the year to help you find and try out different churches.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I will see if I can help, especially if they are about Holland Road, which I know a lot more about. but I'm happy to help in any way I can about any church :smile:
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
What Catholic church is near Sussex? I know they have priests that go to Sussex for mass, but is there a church close also?
Original post by gabrielle13
What Catholic church is near Sussex? I know they have priests that go to Sussex for mass, but is there a church close also?

I'm afraid I don't know too much about Catholic churches in Brighton, but I think there are about 10 catholic churches across the city. You might find this website useful to find out more details of how the Catholic church works with students and also about the different catholic churches and where they are: http://www.rcchap.org.uk/
Reply 4
Thank you!
Hi all,

Congratulations on getting your place J.Simpson. If you need any help finding out about local churches in the area our university chaplains can offer you lots of advice about current activities and places to worship.
We have Chaplains that represent many faiths and the university chaplains provide support and advice to students of all faiths and none.

To find out more visit their website http://www.brighton.ac.uk/studentlife/chaplaincy/ or contact them directly: http://www.brighton.ac.uk/studentlife/chaplaincy/chaplains.php?PageId=666

Sister Blanaid, is very involved in student life and other activities in the area, so is a great person to contact. Her details are listed in the link above under Moulsecoomb campus.

If you have any other questions we can answer just send us an email to [email protected]

Clare
Student Services

Quick Reply

Latest