The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9680
Original post by Webberino
It certainly is! Was getting a bit worried about him before this tournament but he looks back in form! :biggrin:

He really does seem to be doing well :awesome: . Only got 2 frames to win to go into the semi-final :tongue: .
Original post by warp2125
lol.. true... Im starting to think we are 2 parts of a fruit cake... im the fruit and your the cake.. lol. I tried the pen pal thing when I was younger.... didnt last... thank holy hand grenades for the internet. :biggrin:

:redface: why am I the cake ..... hmmmm? Nah it never does last but its still nice to start off with :tongue: Soooo glad of the internet though, would be completely shut off from the world if I couldn't talk to people on here! I am to cool I know :cool:
Thanks all those for replying to me yesterday :smile:
Reply 9683
Original post by Phoenix07
:redface: why am I the cake ..... hmmmm? Nah it never does last but its still nice to start off with :tongue: Soooo glad of the internet though, would be completely shut off from the world if I couldn't talk to people on here! I am to cool I know :cool:

Ok.. You can be the fruit.... It's just talking to you.. You seem like a Cakey person... (I swear this is working to wards a compliment), sort of light and happy and always cheers you up.

As where me being the fruit I get old and shrivelled and bitter...lol
Reply 9684
Original post by superwolf

I rather think I might hold the depsoc record for not showering - once went a good 3-4 weeks without washing in any way, shape or form. :cool:

You must have smelled delicious. :sexface:
I feel so pathetic, useless, stupid, ugly, boring, fat, so on so on. I hate myself so much. I don't even know why I would deserve anything or anyone. I'm such a social **** up. Argh, god I just wish I could be a different, better person.
Original post by warp2125
Ok.. You can be the fruit.... It's just talking to you.. You seem like a Cakey person... (I swear this is working to wards a compliment), sort of light and happy and always cheers you up.

As where me being the fruit I get old and shrivelled and bitter...lol

Nawh .... :colondollar: thanks for that, was feeling properly **** this evening and that has made my day! I was wondering where that was going at the start, but got quite nice towards the end :tongue: You aren't shrivelled and bitter though hun, you are lovely and sweet .... but ok then I will allow myself to be the cake in this situation!

You feeling better then huni?
**** the diet, I need a drink. I think given that I managed to get through the evening with only a little harm to myself I should have a reward.

Got some delicious pear cider with blackcurrant. :drool:
Weeeeeeeeeell, managed to walk out halfway through an exam today (although it was only Spanish writing, which won't count towards my degree). If anyone would care to donate a zopiclone or two to the 'save superwolf from crying til 5am the night before an exam' fund, I would be most grateful. One-off donations are welcome, but if you are particularly rich in zopiclone, why not enter into our 'sponsor a superwolf' scheme and send one or two every month? You will receive a hand-written letter from your superwolf, and a range of naked pictures. And possibly a sock.

Welcome to the society. :smile: I have never been to Stoke-on-Trent, but I will bow down to your superior authority and accept it as the new world centre of haute cuisine.

Mememememememeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll get rmhumphries to drive me, and I think he keeps spare petrol in his car, and I'll make your room all lovely and pretty with flames and we can burn your clothes too and all be naked in a tent together.

If I zopiclone available I'd totes give you some just to get hold of your sock. I choose to believe that if I ever do crack that you'd just keep sending me socks in hospital and I'd be completely silent until somebody puts it on my head or something.

Stoke-on-Trent is GLORIOUS. It is where my allotment is and where staffordshire oatcakes come from and they are the most wonderful things in the world :biggrin:

My raspberries are starting to flower. If they get to the raspberry stage then I suggest we make alcohol out of them. We can then live naked at my allotment and feast on the fruit and vegetables that I grow and our lives will be so perfect.

We need to be camping soon.

Just had a bath and exfoliated until my skin was sore as all hell. Earlier I had a boiling hot shower. At the rate I am going I will be the cleanest creature alive. Feeling a little like I'm not in my own head which is okay I guess for now but won't be so good when I realise how many things I've forgotten to do.

Trying to poke diazepam out of my doctor tomorrow and asking to try venlafaxine before they completely give up on me. FUN TIMES.
Weeeeeeeeeell, managed to walk out halfway through an exam today (although it was only Spanish writing, which won't count towards my degree). If anyone would care to donate a zopiclone or two to the 'save superwolf from crying til 5am the night before an exam' fund, I would be most grateful. One-off donations are welcome, but if you are particularly rich in zopiclone, why not enter into our 'sponsor a superwolf' scheme and send one or two every month? You will receive a hand-written letter from your superwolf, and a range of naked pictures. And possibly a sock.

I only have 5 zopiclone left so I'm afraid I won't be contributing to the fund, as much as I'd love to. I wouldn't mind some nekkid photos in exchange for something else though. :sexface:

2mg. I'm planning on being really sensible with it - not taking too many in a row so my body can't get used to it, not asking for more too soon in case I get flagged up, and in general misusing my prescription pills in the most responsible and foresighted way possible!

Ah but I have all insight and stuff, my psychiatrists have all commented! Anyway, you do an interview and stuff where I'm sure it'll come up, so we'll see what they have to say.

I could give her some words of wisdom if you like, :tongue: might soften her up a bit. Or make her even angrier than before... Alternatively I could slip her a valium or two. :angel:

I didn't word it any way in particular, just listed what always happens and then you drew the obvious conclusion. Obvious because it's true. And obvious. Obviously. :tongue: Remember any time you want an objective opinion about stuff going on I'm *relatively* trustworthy, and now that you've got skype working (finally :rolleyes:) I can now offer you advice and support in my full and splendiferous nakedness, just like nature intended. :biggrin:

By the way, once exams are done (30th of May) I'll be busy doing nothing, so could come see you/drag you up here if you like.

I had several weeks between the 2mg I took and still had a little resistance the second time. But it's good you're being sensible with it :yy: I must say I'm actually quite surprised.

Good luck with the interview. It would be pretty ****ing awesome to get you as an anxiety mentor. :biggrin:

Believe me, I've thought about drugging her many a time. :moon: But I think once the effect wears off I would very much regret it. :tongue:

Obviously. :wizard: Thanks for the offer, I will probably take you up on it. I could really do with more people to reality-check on. I looked at the psychosis books and they're like £30 :eek: **** that, no matter how many points it scores me with my girlfriend.

Yes...we should meet up, and drink!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Hey guys of the Depression Society,

I recently posted the below thread elsewhere in the Mental Health section and ironicly didnt get any replies or help. So I thought Id try her and maybe have better luck. Thanks.

*Dealing with Depression Alone

A few years ago I was diagnosed with depression. Drugs didnt work for me so now I deal with it on my own. I went a gap year last year after dropping out of uni. I was much better while travelling but did have rough patches. Im now back home and have had to move back in with my parents and take my old student job back which I hate. I am always taken for granted there and the place is really sexist. People I trained have been promoted over me despite me have much greater experience and having worked there much longer simply because they are male. Its the only job I can get but it and the people there make me so miserable. Over the last year or so I seem to have lost all my friends and those I made while traveling are all over the world and they never seem interested in keeping in touch. I guess everyones too busy in their own lives.
This week I broke up with my boyfriend of several years after it turned he had been unfaithful, leaving me utterly alone.*

Im really struggling right now. How do others deal with depression by themselves?
Original post by Anonymous

I recently posted the below thread elsewhere in the Mental Health section and ironicly didnt get any replies or help. So I thought Id try her and maybe have better luck. Thanks.

A few years ago I was diagnosed with depression. Drugs didnt work for me so now I deal with it on my own. I went a gap year last year after dropping out of uni. I was much better while travelling but did have rough patches. Im now back home and have had to move back in with my parents and take my old student job back which I hate. I am always taken for granted there and the place is really sexist. People I trained have been promoted over me despite me have much greater experience and having worked there much longer simply because they are male. Its the only job I can get but it and the people there make me so miserable. Over the last year or so I seem to have lost all my friends and those I made while traveling are all over the world and they never seem interested in keeping in touch. I guess everyones too busy in their own lives.
This week I broke up with my boyfriend of several years after it turned he had been unfaithful, leaving me utterly alone.*

Im really struggling right now. How do others deal with depression by themselves?

If you're that sure that peple are gettin promoted ahead of you simply for being male have you considered suing their ass? You could talk to one of them no fee er...no something lawyers or the citizens' advice beuro (however you spell that word) to see if you've got a case because it's not right that they're promoting inferior people to you based on their gender is not right.

How many drugs have you tried given you say they don't work? Sometimes it takes a hell of a lot of trial and error to find a working one, it took me 9 before I found one that helps.

Other than drugs have you thought about talk therapy? The waiting list is likely long but it might help you if you found that drugs didn't.
Fed up!!
Last year i was on citalopram and put on 10 lbs - ate the same and maybe exercised a little less than normal! I came off it in August 2011 and found the weight SO hard to shift!! (never had any problems losing weight before this) so since then ive lost 10 pounds through exercising 4-5x a week and eating very healthy diet - its been so hard! Then the depression came back and I could hardly eat a thing in the last month- now ive started on zoloft (2weeks tomorrow! And i can feel my boobs are bigger and i look bloated!!! I hate this. Although im not as depressed but putting on weight gets me down!! So i really feel like coming of antidepressants because of this?! i cant win :-(
It annoys me when i tell the doctor about this they brush it off and say 'you probably are happier and eat more' when i know true well i am very strict with my food an exercise!!
Has anyone else found weight gain a problem?!
Reply 9693
My lack of posts indicates that I'm having an amazing day :awesome: :tongue: . First day in a while that I haven't felt on edge about doing something I regret :smile: . Had no school this morning because if a burst water main (not that I mind as it meant not doing any mock exams :biggrin:)

For everyone else :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
Original post by Holamigo
Fed up!!
Last year i was on citalopram and put on 10 lbs - ate the same and maybe exercised a little less than normal! I came off it in August 2011 and found the weight SO hard to shift!! (never had any problems losing weight before this) so since then ive lost 10 pounds through exercising 4-5x a week and eating very healthy diet - its been so hard! Then the depression came back and I could hardly eat a thing in the last month- now ive started on zoloft (2weeks tomorrow! And i can feel my boobs are bigger and i look bloated!!! I hate this. Although im not as depressed but putting on weight gets me down!! So i really feel like coming of antidepressants because of this?! i cant win :-(
It annoys me when i tell the doctor about this they brush it off and say 'you probably are happier and eat more' when i know true well i am very strict with my food an exercise!!
Has anyone else found weight gain a problem?!

I put on like 50lbs on olanzapine, I got so fat it was absolutely ridiculous. Also put on a fair amount of weight with mirtazapine, which was annoying as hell.

However, te first time I took quetiapine I put on close to 30lbs however this time I haven't put any weight on so I know it's possible to take these drugs and not put weight one. However I have been going to the gym for 2 hours 6 days a week so the cost of not putting weight on is pretty high. If you're hungry have you tried snacking on stuff like celery and carrot sticks, I found that helps me.
Original post by avhhs
My lack of posts indicates that I'm having an amazing day :awesome: :tongue: . First day in a while that I haven't felt on edge about doing something I regret :smile: . Had no school this morning because if a burst water main (not that I mind as it meant not doing any mock exams :biggrin:)

For everyone else :jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

Did you do that? :evil:

Reminds me of that movie Donnie Darko. :tongue:
Original post by Anonymous

I know exactly how you feel!!!!

I've been travelling and was so much more confident and happy with life - I'm almost addicted to holidays and travelling now as I just want to live that way! When I come back home I’m just so miserable actually hate normal life. (I also came back to live with parents) and because you've been away for so long friends around here have moved on and don’t really bother with you as much then as you say, the 'travelling friends' are all across the world and it’s so much effort to keep in touch and they don’t want to know really!
Feel free to PM me if you need a chat :smile:
Reply 9697
Original post by Sabertooth
Did you do that? :evil:

Reminds me of that movie Donnie Darko. :tongue:

Of course not :angel: :biggrin: . I have zero idea about the location of said main :tongue: :wink: .

And I noticed a typo in my previous post :colondollar:
Original post by Sabertooth
I put on like 50lbs on olanzapine, I got so fat it was absolutely ridiculous. Also put on a fair amount of weight with mirtazapine, which was annoying as hell.

However, te first time I took quetiapine I put on close to 30lbs however this time I haven't put any weight on so I know it's possible to take these drugs and not put weight one. However I have been going to the gym for 2 hours 6 days a week so the cost of not putting weight on is pretty high. If you're hungry have you tried snacking on stuff like celery and carrot sticks, I found that helps me.

50 lbs!!!omg I was only on citalopram for 5 months but I know if it was any longer I would have just kept piling it on! The doctors come across like weight gain is a minor side effect but thinking that we are actually gaining weight?! It must put us at risk of developing heart disease/diabetes etc..? it can’t be good really can it?!
Glad you haven’t put any weight on the quetiapine this time how long have you been on it though?
And gym for 2 hours a day :/ I couldn’t possibly keep that up in my life even if I wanted to!! With nursing I’ll be working 12 hour shifts and normally if not on meds I would try and fit in running 3x a week and eat healthy which would normally maintain the weight but there is something in these tablets which just completely slows your metabolism down no matter how healthy you eat or how much exercise you do! :/ I don’t really over snack Im very strict with my diet!
Original post by ParadoxSocks
I just emailed them and got an immediate response that I have been allocated a therapist and they're just sorting out a therapy timetable. Does it really take 4 months to get around to that?

*grumbles*

I don't think anyone in here would disagree that mental health needs better funding. The government will be sorry when we all go stark raving mad and spend our days chewing their ankles.

4 months to do that seems crazy, but is good they seem to be making some progress at least? hopefully they give you an appointment soon!

on TSR I have learnt to take nothing for granted politically :tongue: my personal view is that they should fund them properly for sure, but like I said before I don't consider this an appropriate thread for a debate on this matter.

Latest