The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by dancingshoes10
Do some girls naturally have smaller waists than others?! I'm not fat but my waist is 28 inches, and I think if even if I lost a lot of weight it wouldn't become that much smaller..! How do all these celebs have waists that measure like 24 inches?! :eek:

yes
Reply 2
I don't even want to measure mine its probably like 1098357589cm. so depressing.
Reply 3
Well I guess they're not called "hot" for nothing :P Some are just very lucky to have amazing bodies.
Reply 4
Photoshop...
This thread FAILS

Woman 1: "oh wow they're hot and they all have 24/25" waists!"

Woman 2: "oh my gawd we'll never get that wasit line and will never be hot!"

Man: "SHUT THE **** UP!"

So what if they have 24" waists, I've seen, kissed and had sex with pretty/gorgeous/hot women who have bigger waistlines than these so-called hot superstars and guess what? They didnt need to rely on plastic surgery, airbrushing, touch-up techniques, favourable lighting and god knows what else those posers do to their image.

Also, skinny hot chicks cant take a smashing in the bedroom so pass me a woman who is strong/athletic/fun anytime of the week.
Hard work, mostly. Genetics plays a part of course. If you're not gifted naturally you're just going to have to work harder.

EDIT: Strong negs for saying a slim body is earned and maintained through hard work. zukadik
(edited 11 years ago)
Do some girls naturally have smaller waists than others?! I'm not fat but my waist is 28 inches, and I think if even if I lost a lot of weight it wouldn't become that much smaller..! How do all these celebs have waists that measure like 24 inches?! :eek:

Which celebrities are you refering too?
Remember that it's hard to gauge height of celebs and a lot of them are actually quite short, thus will have smaller waists, along with small everything else.

Examples
Kim Kardashian 5'2
Scarlett Johansson 5'4
Reply 8

That's like saying are some girls naturally taller than others?!
Reply 9
do you realise that a womans size 14 in the 60s is now classed as a size 8? its called vanity sizing, womens sizes are getting larger to make you feel better even though people are getting fatter.

the people you talk about are thin because they care about their bodies and how they look.

if your health isnt as important as how much you love food, then that is your choice.

cant wait for people to tell me that its all genetic. inb4 are you aware there are people in this world with a severe medical condition that make them this way...
Reply 10

It's either natural or you can wear really tight corsets to alter the size of your waist.
Reply 11
Original post by moonymeen
Well I guess they're not called "hot" for nothing :P Some are just very lucky to have amazing bodies.

noone is lucky to have an amazing body.

there is no luck involved

you are very UNLUCKY if you have an inabily to have a good body because those people are less than 1 in 100.

the reason most people dont have an 'amazing body' if because they are lazy as ****.
Reply 12

You can achieve this look by spending hours a week doing cardio or a soup diet, like all the other hopefuls.

not srs
Reply 13
Original post by sconter
do you realise that a womans size 14 in the 60s is now classed as a size 8? its called vanity sizing, womens sizes are getting larger to make you feel better even though people are getting fatter.

the people you talk about are thin because they care about their bodies and how they look.

if your health isnt as important as how much you love food, then that is your choice.

cant wait for people to tell me that its all genetic. inb4 are you aware there are people in this world with a severe medical condition that make them this way...

I took this question to mean do women naturally have different size waists even if they are in good shape. which they do and in that case it would be genetic. Of course being fatter would give you a bigger waist but I didn't think anyone would actually ask that :s-smilie:
I'm pretty sure most of those people are famous because they have good bodies rather than everyone famous just happening to look great. It would be down to genetics most probably. Even when I was really underweight after various illnesses I was still 27 inches. Then again I am 5'9.
Reply 15
Original post by sconter
noone is lucky to have an amazing body.

there is no luck involved

you are very UNLUCKY if you have an inabily to have a good body because those people are less than 1 in 100.

the reason most people dont have an 'amazing body' if because they are lazy as ****.

Well I was on about proportion. Of course anyone can get fit and skinny and look hot, but when it comes down to the actual body shape (waist hip ratio etc) then genetics can come into play and you may be fortunate to inherit a well proportioned body that is considered attractive by most (e.g slim waist compared to your hips).
Don't fall for it, the majority of them have specific stylists whose purpose is to dress them to create the perfect illusion of a tiny waist!

And plus expensive waist cinching underwear/ corsets. And plus photo shop.
Reply 17
I reckon doing certain exercises does help though, it's not all in the genes.

When I used to prune tomatoes my waist shrunk quite a lot. I think it was something to do with bending over repeatedly. My back got a lot stronger too and I got those dimple things above my bum
(this kind of thing just to clarify)

I think rock climbing helps too. I don't do it any more and my waist noticeably wider, and I haven't really put much weight on anywhere else.
Reply 18
Original post by HARRY PUTAH
This thread FAILS

Woman 1: "oh wow they're hot and they all have 24/25" waists!"

Woman 2: "oh my gawd we'll never get that wasit line and will never be hot!"

Man: "SHUT THE **** UP!"

So what if they have 24" waists, I've seen, kissed and had sex with pretty/gorgeous/hot women who have bigger waistlines than these so-called hot superstars and guess what? They didnt need to rely on plastic surgery, airbrushing, touch-up techniques, favourable lighting and god knows what else those posers do to their image.

Also, skinny hot chicks cant take a smashing in the bedroom so pass me a woman who is strong/athletic/fun anytime of the week.

Congratulations.

Exercise, good diet, genetics and possibly cosmetic/plastic surgery.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest