The Student Room Group

Something ridiculous

So I'm done with economics. The problem is as follows. While I was sitting the exam, in my haste I didn't realize that two of the f*cking pieces of IB paper were stuck together.

I wrote the first part of my answer on the front of a sheet and I wrote the second part on the back of another sheet (first question btw). In the end I just just turned the paper over and made a hole in the top left of the page as to attach the sheets together. On the back of the first page I wrote an instruction to examiner saying that my answer is continued on the next page. Basically, I didn't use both sides of the paper and my answer is continued on the back of a page. Then I left the front of the second page blank and continued on a third page so I don't have a sheet that is back to front. After that it was fine. I did the same thing for two exams despite checking my sheets weren't stuck together the second time. All my pages were in order (I hope).

Do you guys think I could get screwed for this in terms of the actual grade I receive? All I did wrong was waste some space.

God I hope my IB examiner isn't a c*nt.........

Also I saw a meme on the IB memes page on FB that sent shivers down my spine....... "Forgets to fill out cover sheet", I think that is just in bad taste. Filling in the cover sheet is just putting down which questions you did, how the f*ck can that influence the grade you receive, all other details are already printed on the cover-sheet. The person who made that meme should burn in hell..... That said I forgot to fill out the cover-sheet for my first exam, the examiner did it for me.
Reply 1
I feel like the IB gives too much importance to mundane aspects of work, coversheets for IA's and stuff. Those things should NOT influence grades.
Reply 2
No-one knows how to fill out the cover sheets etc 'the IB way' at our school. Every teacher tells us something different... they should work it out :smile:
Reply 3
I hate the IB so much.............. I can't put it into words right now. Finicky bastards.
Reply 4
Complete *******s. I'm so worried I might have forgotten to fill out my candidate number on one of my sheets. Totally irrational fear but whatever, I'm sure I did fill it out. They scare me so much.
Reply 5
You guys are worrying far too much! The minor things, are just that. Minor. As was already said, they should figure it out. With regards to not filling out your candidate number, at our school, they make sure it's filled out before they send it off, regardless if we've done it or not. Quit worrying!
Reply 6
Dude, it's fine. You didn't write on one page. I've done it a few times as well, today in paper 3 econ for example, cause there's so much to write in so little time. Not worried at all. Just write ''sorry missed this page'' or words to that effect and it'll be alright. They won't penalize you for not writing on a paper, they might be irrational, but they're not completely insane; they know it's stressful and whatever.
Reply 7
Don't stress, it'll be fine. One boy in our school had 2 papers stuck in an exam too-the question paper- and in the last 5 minutes of the exam he discovered the hidden side, which worth like 20 marks... (math exam). He wasn't able to do anything about it. Now that's something to fret over.
Reply 8
Original post by saachi
Don't stress, it'll be fine. One boy in our school had 2 papers stuck in an exam too-the question paper- and in the last 5 minutes of the exam he discovered the hidden side, which worth like 20 marks... (math exam). He wasn't able to do anything about it. Now that's something to fret over.

Oh my god.............
Reply 9
Original post by saachi

What paper was that? P1-2 is just one paper and P3 has options?
Reply 10
Original post by mintaltoids
What paper was that? P1-2 is just one paper and P3 has options?

I said it was a math exam. Just an example, to make Hyaline feel better because things could have gone a lot worse.
Original post by saachi
I said it was a math exam. Just an example, to make Hyaline feel better because things could have gone a lot worse.

Oh right, terribly sorry! Should have read more closely :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending