The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wow this thread has moved quickly!! I just came to catch up with the old year 11 thread and found we're 9 pages into the new one! :O
Original post by GreenLantern1
Not at A-Level it isn't mate!

GCSE Physics: the focus is on language (I mean writing and concepts and explainign)
A-Level Physics: the focus is on Maths, loads of Higher Level Maths ****.

Trut me I know. I am doing Physics A-Level atm. Have done G491 for OCR B spec. So 30% of it.

thank god, i would love physics so much more if the focus at A-Level is on maths!
Hey guys, another year 11 here :cool:
Original post by x-Sophie-x
Wow this thread has moved quickly!! I just came to catch up with the old year 11 thread and found we're 9 pages into the new one! :O

We gots skillzz lassy!
Reply 184
Original post by Dandaman9999

Welcome :biggrin:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Welcome :biggrin:

:biggrin: Just noticed there was a new thread after lurking in the shadows of the old one just reading it. Tought I'd say hi this time :tongue:
Original post by LegendX
It's all lies, as physics is like 90 percent words and 10 percent maths.:rolleyes:

This is incorrect. You definitely need a solid base of Maths to be able to do well in A-Level Physics. An example: you need Calculus, which is beyond GCSE level. You're by going to do well in physics if you're a bad mathematician.
Original post by xoxlovelifexox
thank god, i would love physics so much more if the focus at A-Level is on maths!

It gets a lot more mathematical anyway :smile: GCSE is just gaining the basic knowledge and understanding of physical concepts. A-Level is applying it with Mathematics (along with a few new concepts).

Hello! Welcome to the year 11 thread :biggrin:
Reply 188
:biggrin: Just noticed there was a new thread after lurking in the shadows of the old one just reading it. Tought I'd say hi this time :tongue:

Awesome! How are you getting on with revision? :smile:
Awesome! How are you getting on with revision? :smile:

Pretty well, I guess... My first exam is on Monday so cracking down with that right now :frown: how about you?
Original post by CharlieBoardman
It gets a lot more mathematical anyway :smile: GCSE is just gaining the basic knowledge and understanding of physical concepts. A-Level is applying it with Mathematics (along with a few new concepts).

Hello! Welcome to the year 11 thread :biggrin:

Actually A-Level is a lot of new concepts, and a load of maths. The content is very similar to triple but very little which is similar to core and additional.
Reply 191
Pretty well, I guess... My first exam is on Monday so cracking down with that right now :frown: how about you?

Alright... probably not doing as much as I should
Alright... probably not doing as much as I should

Same here for some subjects... I just can't wait for summer though! Life will be so chill :cool:
I'm confused, what happened to the old thread?
I saw everyone talking about Mark III, but what does it mean? :colondollar:
Same here for some subjects... I just can't wait for summer though! Life will be so chill :cool:

Summer will be great!
Original post by TheArtOfThePoetic
I'm confused, what happened to the old thread?
I saw everyone talking about Mark III, but what does it mean? :colondollar:

Basically once you get to 500 pages in a thread the moderators have to close the thread as it is too much for one thread and so we make ourselves a new thread. This has happened to us before, hence why we moved to Mark II, and when Mark II got to 500 we had to make a new one as it is easier for the site really with storage capacity and whatnot. Stops it from getting cluttered as well!
How much revision a day are you all doing?

I am currently aiming at 5-7 Hours a day - Making Powerpoints, Summary Notes, Past Papers.. Roughly working on the basis of 30 minutes per exam per day, and with 14 exams to revise for (Excl. German) that is 7 hours.. too much or?
Reply 197
Hai peeps :awesome:

I've done English Language, English Literature and Maths (woo no more maths, ever! :biggrin:) as well as one Biology paper and one Physics paper. Still got two more papers for Biology and Physics as well as Chemistry, History, Latin and Classical Greek :smile:

I did French & Music last year (A*s in both :biggrin:) and that's helped loads :tongue:

Could be doing more revision Could be doing revision :colone:
Original post by GreenLantern1
Basically once you get to 500 pages in a thread the moderators have to close the thread as it is too much for one thread and so we make ourselves a new thread. This has happened to us before, hence why we moved to Mark II, and when Mark II got to 500 we had to make a new one as it is easier for the site really with storage capacity and whatnot. Stops it from getting cluttered as well!

Oh thanks for telling me, I felt stupid to ask :')
Original post by shyamshah
I'm doing Conflict aswell. Nah AQA for the sciences. Yeah same I got German on the 27th June also. How have ypu done in the controlled assessments for German?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my Orange Monte Carlo

Woohoo! I HATE CONFLICT WITH ALL MY HEART! actually i exaggerate, it's not that bad but i still don't enjoy it. Lucky, I do Edexcel for physics and chemistry and CIE IGCSE for biology- Kills me! Uhmm we haven't been told properly but I think i'm on around A for Controlled Assessment. how did you do in them?

Latest