The Student Room Group

Mechanics 2 (M2) Exam 22nd June 2012 - OCR (Not MEI)

Hey,
Thought I'd set up this thread in preparation for the upcoming exam, even though it's a long way away.

Post your questions or things you're stuck on, and we'll try to sort it out :smile:

Any particular areas you don't like?

Scroll to see replies

sliding / toppling, impulse, do you have any nice revision materials :smile: ?
Reply 2
i've lost all my notes on projectiles! does anyone know a good revision website?
Reply 3
Original post by crazymanny00
sliding / toppling, impulse, do you have any nice revision materials :smile: ?

Original post by catherinem
i've lost all my notes on projectiles! does anyone know a good revision website?

I can upload my document of notes if you want?
Original post by Nathdragon5
I can upload my document of notes if you want?

ooh yeah, do that :biggrin:
Reply 5
Original post by Christopholos
ooh yeah, do that :biggrin:

Here you go, notes on all sections. I didn't write them all, some are taken from websites :smile:
WOOP top notch stuff
Original post by Nathdragon5
Here you go, notes on all sections. I didn't write them all, some are taken from websites :smile:

Life saver!!!
Does anyone know if there are any books or anything for OCR M2?
Reply 9
Original post by TheRenaissanceMan
Does anyone know if there are any books or anything for OCR M2?

I just bought CGP's A2-Level Mathematics Revision Guide for OCR. It's got C3, C4, M2 and S2 in it. I haven't read through it yet (psychology exam tomorrow) but it looks pretty good.
Reply 10
Original post by Christopholos
WOOP top notch stuff

Original post by ihategeography
Life saver!!!

No worries, you're welcome :smile:
Reply 11
Anyone know which papers were the "hardest"?

Generally finding M2 easy, want to find the hardest possible questions as I'm aiming for 100 UMS on this paper to up my chances of that A* in FM.

Any questions you post here I'll try to answer if I'm on at the same time.
Original post by Anon 17

Generally finding M2 easy, want to find the hardest possible questions as I'm aiming for 100 UMS on this paper to up my chances of that A* in FM.

papers are generally of equal hardness i find in M2, if you've done all of them look for some delphis questions i guess,and all misc excercises out of the M2 book
Reply 13
Original post by Anon 17

This is relevant to my interests, also how many people are having to take this exam at the same time as Stats 2, the timetabling for OCR maths exams this year is redunkulous :frown:
Reply 14
That's the thing - I haven't done most the papers, looking for the hardest ones now to cram (been too busy with FP2, FP3 and STEP).
Original post by Photox
This is relevant to my interests, also how many people are having to take this exam at the same time as Stats 2, the timetabling for OCR maths exams this year is redunkulous :frown:

Me. And I'm self teaching S2... bad decision.
Reply 16
The one topic I usually struggle on in M2 is ladders against walls (especially a non-vertical wall). Does anyone have any notes on this kind of thing? Thanks! :biggrin:
Original post by Ttawwab
The one topic I usually struggle on in M2 is ladders against walls (especially a non-vertical wall). Does anyone have any notes on this kind of thing? Thanks! :biggrin:

Yeah exactly,

And also does anyone have Jan 2012 Paper....the ocr website maths side seems to be down at the moment so annoying.
Reply 18
^ This.

EDIT - Nvm.
Reply 19
My core teacher wrote this exam. Obv couldn't tell us anything though. Shame!

Quick Reply

Latest