The Student Room Group

Can I Crash Higher Biology If....

....I Get a 1 in chemistry? At the moment am picking English (INT2), Maths (INT2), RMPS (Higher), History (Higher) and Media Studies (Higher). I want to get as many highers as possible this year as I would like to go to uni. The maximum of highers I could get in 5th year are 3. But I heard some unis don't accept Media Studies as a higher so I was thinking about taking biology instead. I am quite an arty person and would like to study Law or History at uni so would biology still be a good subject to pick?
And what is Higher Biology like? Is it mostly theory because I am good at remembering facts?
Original post by aadam10
....I Get a 1 in chemistry? At the moment am picking English (INT2), Maths (INT2), RMPS (Higher), History (Higher) and Media Studies (Higher). I want to get as many highers as possible this year as I would like to go to uni. The maximum of highers I could get in 5th year are 3. But I heard some unis don't accept Media Studies as a higher so I was thinking about taking biology instead. I am quite an arty person and would like to study Law or History at uni so would biology still be a good subject to pick?
And what is Higher Biology like? Is it mostly theory because I am good at remembering facts?

Having a good balance of subjects is important for any uni course. Higher Biology is mainly remembering facts for the exam, no real coursework, so would be suited to you by the sounds of it :smile: If you are prepared to work hard and read through the set textbook then it is more than possible to crash.
Reply 2
If you get a 1 in SG Chemistry most schools will be happy to let you take Higher Biology.

Biology does involve remembering facts but it also has a problem solving component which many find tricky.
Reply 3
cheers guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending