The Student Room Group

Biology Revision - Collins v CGP (GCSE)

Hello.

I've got the OCR Gateway B: Biology B4-B5-B6 exam tomorrow and I have been revising via Collins GCSE Biology revision guide which I have found very useful. I have only just found my CGP Biology revision guide and comparing the two guides; CGP has much more detail which I'd never cover in time.

So my question is: Is not revising from the CGP Biology revision guide going to cost me (as I'm aiming for the A/A*) or does the Collins Biology revision guide cover everything I need to know?

Thanks.
Okay I know this is really late but CGP have so much extra crap for the science GCSE's that you learn loads of useless stuff that you don't need.
I use Collins they are so much better and you get less distractions.
Reply 2
Original post by Rick_095
Hello.

I've got the OCR Gateway B: Biology B4-B5-B6 exam tomorrow and I have been revising via Collins GCSE Biology revision guide which I have found very useful. I have only just found my CGP Biology revision guide and comparing the two guides; CGP has much more detail which I'd never cover in time.

So my question is: Is not revising from the CGP Biology revision guide going to cost me (as I'm aiming for the A/A*) or does the Collins Biology revision guide cover everything I need to know?

Thanks.

To be completely honest I used the CGP but not fully, the textbook and syllabus are the best revision guides for GCSE as a lot of it is memorization and they can't ask you anything outside of the syllabus however the revision guides don't always have EVERYTHING in the syllabus AFAIK.

So unless you really need to, don't get the revision guides and use the syllabus and if you got a lot of time e.g. start of the term/year make notes using your textbook and once you done it tick it off the syllabus.

this will definitely help you achieve the higher grades and the best of your potential! Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest