The Student Room Group

Aberdeen Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
anyone with an interview for the 15th Jan?
Original post by He2
Interview on 7th Feb!! School leaver with UKCAT 682.5

Hi,

If you don't mind me asking, what are your A2 grades? It's just because I have basically the same UKCAT but haven't heard anything.

Thanks
Original post by Aniaa
nothing :frown:. Well then, your loose Aberdeen

Me neither. :frown: I don't know what went wrong with my application... Maybe competition was just higher this year? Oh well, goodbye, Aberdeen.

This just demotivated me... I just want to cry right now.
I got an interview for the 7th of February at 2.30pm! So happy! To all of those that didn't receive interview invitations, I wouldn't give up hope yet. I know from previous applicants that they didn't receive invitations until about January or February. I think this is far too early for the 'last batch' to be sent out.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 864
Original post by Dreaming spires
Me neither. :frown: I don't know what went wrong with my application... Maybe competition was just higher this year? Oh well, goodbye, Aberdeen.

This just demotivated me... I just want to cry right now.

same here. But they ciuld jsut send out the rejections as well. ANd not keep it up till March
Reply 865
Interview on Feb 10th :biggrin:

grad predicted 2:1 and UKCAT 722.5
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Aniaa
same here. But they ciuld jsut send out the rejections as well. ANd not keep it up till March

:frown: (...) *crying*
Reply 867
The twitter page just posted this,

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 18m
Over 300 interview invites sent out today. If you didn't hear, until your Track says reject - we are still considering your application."
Why is everyone saying the last day was today. I thought it was next Friday. Also, isn't it a bit too early to stop giving out interviews??
Reply 869
When Aberdeen say 'Academics 30%', is that your overall academic performance, or just AS grades and A2 predictions? Does anyone have any idea?
Original post by medd
The twitter page just posted this,

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 18m
Over 300 interview invites sent out today. If you didn't hear, until your Track says reject - we are still considering your application."

In other words, it means "we've just sent out our last batch of interviews, but might still consider your application if there are some places left for interview." (we're not that silly). :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 871
In other words, it means "we've just sent out our last batch of interviews, but might still consider your application if there are some places left for interview." (we're not that silly). :frown:

this was two minutes ago…

"Aberdeen Uni SMD ‏@aberdeenuni_smd 2m
@ItsIbrar we still have some spaces to fill, so as before, until your track is updated, we are still considering your application :smile:"

so they must still have some invites to send out :smile:
Reply 872
:frown: (...) *crying*

but thats maybe cause we have different qualifications and they probably count it wrongly...
To people who didn't get an interview invite today- when I phoned admissions on Wednesday before I got my interview they said that they still had 700 applications that they hadn't had time to look at. They were working their way through them and hoped to send out a big batch of the ones they had got through on Friday. When I asked if it was the last batch she actually laughed at me, and said no, the earliest they'll have got through them all is January. Chin up.
Original post by Aniaa
but thats maybe cause we have different qualifications and they probably count it wrongly...

"count it wrongly" :cute:

I think they are used to receiving international qualifications: we're not the first and won't be the last EU students applying to medical school in the UK. So, this can't be an explanation. Maybe, it was our PS (as I'm sure both of our UKCAT scores and predicted grades were good
enough)? :smile: Oh well, I should stop crying I guess. Being rejected isn't the end of the world (trying to relativise here, lol). :redface:

But it's quite hard not to feel disheartened when being a doctor is all you ever want to be...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 875
"count it wrongly" :cute:

I think they are used to receiving international qualifications: we're not the first and won't be the last EU students applying to medical school in the UK. So, this can't be an explanation. Maybe, it was our PS (as I'm sure both of our UKCAT scores and predicted grades were good
enough)? :smile: Oh well, I should stop crying I guess. Being rejected isn't the end of the world (trying to relativise here, lol). :redface:

But it's quite hard not to feel disheartened when being a doctor is all you ever want to be...

what qualifications do you have? I am pretty sure they don't have many applicants with mine
Reply 876
Original post by peanutbutter18
To people who didn't get an interview invite today- when I phoned admissions on Wednesday before I got my interview they said that they still had 700 applications that they hadn't had time to look at. They were working their way through them and hoped to send out a big batch of the ones they had got through on Friday. When I asked if it was the last batch she actually laughed at me, and said no, the earliest they'll have got through them all is January. Chin up.

You have no idea how much hope you've just given me if that's true (I'm not doubting you but I can't risk getting my hopes up again too much). Aberdeen's pretty much my last shot ever, I fail this year I actually need to get a job and then that's me tied with mortgages etc for the next decade at least...
Original post by samy96an
When Aberdeen say 'Academics 30%', is that your overall academic performance, or just AS grades and A2 predictions? Does anyone have any idea?

Just A2 predictions.
I got an interview on the 15th of January! Ahhh! So nervous.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aniaa
what qualifications do you have? I am pretty sure they don't have many applicants with mine

French Baccalaureate (Science). :smile: You're doing the European Baccalaureate, right?

Quick Reply

Latest