The Student Room Group

Dance and Trance Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 860
DJDJ
i have, they're not so good, and pretty much everyone into dance music would agree with me.

Again, mate, that's a very arrogant opinion you have there. You have a habit of assuming everyone should or does agree with you.

As i said, anybody is entitled to say Scooter are bad after listening to all the material they have on offer but have many people really heard everything they have to offer? More often than not, people form opinions of Scooter without even knowing what they are talking about.

Anyway, like the victory james you are into your drum & bass and other underground genres - you are unlikely to appreciate Scooter.
i have the entire scooter backcat. from Vallée De Larmes to the Age of Love (including albums and remix singles). I had a few of there singles after that (we are the greatest, how much is the fish). They currently reside in my dusty attic, I was going to burn them last time I moved house but I couldnt bear to see my teenage effort wasted. My girlfriends used to laugh at me when i played scooter. Now I am ashamed.
I also have a load of stuff from Blumchen (& Blossom), Charlie Lownoise and Mental Theo, Dune, Masterboy and other 1990's popjizzm.
I feel embarressed even admitting this.

There is no excuse for a grown man to own such cds.
I will walk away with shame....
Im just reading the backthreads - how can people NOT know about Robert Miles and Roger Sanchez :eek: :eek: this is a dance music society???? :confused:
somebody please talk to me :frown:
Reply 867
The Boosh
Im just reading the backthreads - how can people NOT know about Robert Miles and Roger Sanchez :eek: :eek: this is a dance music society???? :confused:

because they're crap :smile:
Reply 868
The Boosh
i have the entire scooter backcat. from Vallée De Larmes to the Age of Love (including albums and remix singles). I had a few of there singles after that (we are the greatest, how much is the fish). They currently reside in my dusty attic, I was going to burn them last time I moved house but I couldnt bear to see my teenage effort wasted. My girlfriends used to laugh at me when i played scooter. Now I am ashamed.

Don't be ashamed, my friend. Between Vallée De Larmes and Age Of Love there are plenty of tracks that i don't feel ashmed to like. The likes of Awakening and Rhapsody In E are huge songs - the stuff of genius, IN MY OPINION!

DJDJ
because they're crap :smile:

The tone of your replies throughout this thread really is quite irritating. Are you actually capable of using phrases such as "in my opinion" or "for me personally"? Music, mate - it's about subjective opinion - get used to it.
Reply 869
Phil_D
The tone of your replies throughout this thread really is quite irritating. Are you actually capable of using phrases such as "in my opinion" or "for me personally"? Music, mate - it's about subjective opinion - get used to it.

irrelevant whether i use those phrases or not; its pretty obvious that what im saying is my opinion :rolleyes:

and they are crap, simple music.
Reply 870
DJDJ

and they are crap, simple music.

Well, in my opinion, both Robert Miles and Roger Sanchez are pretty good. Robert Miles' Dreamland album being especially good.

And also i don't believe simple music is any less effective - in fact, with many tracks their genius is in their simplicity. Depends entirely on the merits of each individual song.

But then again, i don't find Robert Miles' music simple in the slightest. I think most of his tracks have a lot of depth in them and some of those piano melodies are sublime.
Roger shanchez gets full marks and in all fairness miles did do a lot of good stuff in his day. its a bit simple to assume people havent heard of sanchez and miles 'because they are crap' lol. Sanchez was good fun at cafe mambo last year in ibiza and some of this older mix cds are cracking. Not a bad producer too actually. Hes great fun at festivals, did a good set at global 04 on the beach and has rocked homelands enough times.
Reply 873

I don't have Real Player (and have no intention of *****ing around downloading it) so can't hear the 2nd track.

And what is the point of posting these 2 tracks, might i ask? Ripped melody i don't know about? Just trying to say the 2nd is musically better than the 1st? Or both maybe?
mooooooove youuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssss its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice. POSE! You keep the spirit aliiiiive, come on!
Reply 875
The Boosh
mooooooove youuuuuuuuuuurrrrrr aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssssssss its nice to be important, but its more important to be nice. POSE! You keep the spirit aliiiiive, come on!

Inspired words, my friend.:wink: :biggrin:
Reply 876
that scooter tune is well cheesy.
Reply 877
DJDJ
that scooter tune is well cheesy.

Yes, agreed. But it's only 1 song. Just because Posse is cheesey doesn't make all their material cheesey. To say Scooter are cheesey is too much of a generalization.
Posse is a good tune
I always cringed at 'break it up', a love ballad by hp baxter *cringes* - the videos are quality. pointless but crazy. Back in the UK - black and white flick with 100 girls daning in their pants around an old house. Let me be your valentine was great too - i think that was his real life wife he was trying to save in the video.

Quick Reply

Latest