The Beatles Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Now officially a society if anyone wants to join :biggrin:
Reply 21
:bump:
Reply 22
Here, I'll go ahead,
Favourite Songs/Albums: I like the anthology albums becuase it really shows how they musically developed. From classic rock and roll to masterpieces.
Abbey Road, White Album, Sgt. Peppers, they are all good. Too hard to be specific.
How you started to like the Beatles: Dad was a fan, introduced me to them at a young age.
Do you play any instrument(s): Guitar , piano.
Other musical tastes: Jazz, Mostly 60s, 70s.
hehe i own all the beatles albums :smile:
Reply 24
:biggrin: I'm pleased that people have joined, thanks!
Okay so here's my little intro, I don't think I've really spoken to any of you before..

Name: Helen
Favourtie Songs/Albums: Well I love them all tbh! My dad owns all of the albums either on vinyl or CD I think.. and they're all brilliant!
How you started to like the Beatles: Same as you ESBay, my dad is a big fan and then I was listening to them from a very early age, haha I've been told that before I was born I actually 'went' to a Paul McCartney concert where he played some Beatles classics.
Do you play any instrument(s): Bass for a year - I'd love a Beatles bass but they're all so expensive!!
Other musical tastes: Green Day, Alkaline Trio, Fall Out Boy and that type of music, but also some older music like Led Zeppelin, Sex Pistols
Reply 25
play guitar and bass,most of my posts are in d&d, parents introduced me to beetles

yay! a little icon thingie at last :biggrin:
Reply 26
Love the Beatles, would be wrong to say my favourite song, as i don't have a favourite, they were more or less brilliant in their own way.

Picked up 'sgt peppers lonely hearts club band' album the other day for £5.99 from some dodgy looking old ladie in a record store, im sure she must have priced it wrong, had everything with it, the explanation to who was on the cover and everything :eek:

Also got the 'Red Album' by the Beatles. Can't find the others anywhere for a decent price.

Beatles :love:
ReadySalted
hehe i own all the beatles albums :smile:

Wow... I'm trying... they're so expensive, much more than most other bands.

First CD ever was Sgt. Pepper and loved The Beatles ever since. I also own Yellow Submarine on DVD - it rules! :biggrin:
Reply 28
Name: Katy

Favourtie Songs/Albums: I also love them all! Especially Abbey Road and The Red Album :biggrin: I have A Hard Day's Night on dvd too.

How you started to like the Beatles: My parents always played their records from when I was very young, so I grew up knowing the songs. They're classics, many of them simple but effective.

Do you play any instrument(s): Yup I play the piano (G6) and I can mess around on the guitar and the violin too, although I'm in no way great at them!

Other musical tastes: Many! I like most things apart from rap and heavy metal really. Love Bon Jovi, Queen, The Feeling, RobbieWilliams, Jools Holland, Stevie Wonder, The Eurythmics, Franz Ferdinand, The Killers, et many more. Oh and of course, all the amazing 70s and 80s music... :biggrin:
Reply 29
Yay for a Beatles society, but kinda booo at the same time for nicking my idea of starting it! lol. Kidding.

Name: Sheep!

Favourtie Songs/Albums: Fave song is a battle between Let it Be, Old Brown Shoe, Ballad of John and Yoko and Revolution. Album, probably 1s, but that's a cop out simply cause it's got heaps on it! :biggrin:

How you started to like the Beatles: My cool friends were into The Beatles long before I was, but then I heard Help! on the radio, and I really liked it, so I started listening to my folkes's albums and found I liked a lot of their stuff!

Do you play any instrument(s): Drums and Piano (barely).

Other musical tastes: Anything, litereally :biggrin: depends on the mood!
Reply 30
Nice to get to know everyone a bit better =]

Hey sheep! I'd love to learn to play drums, awesome, how long have you been playing for?
Thud, which other bands do you play on bass? Any suggestions for songs for me to try?

Ooh and I forgot to mention.. I'm from Liverpool.
Reply 31
yay 9 members :biggrin:
Reply 32
xPunkx
Hey sheep! I'd love to learn to play drums, awesome, how long have you been playing for?

Hey :smile:

I've been playing for a while, but only really messing around (but it still sounded good :cool: lol) and kind of teaching myself. Recently I've started having lessons though, so I can learn how to do stuff properly lol. I love it :biggrin:. If you want to learn how to play. check out this website, www.drumsense.co.uk - you'll find a tutor on there :smile:

Edit: Just looked, there's a tutor in Liverpool :smile: lol.
Reply 33
Just to get this alive a bit, what is everyones favourite Beatles Lyric(s). And favourite Beatle? :smile:
Reply 34
A.ndrew
Just to get this alive a bit, what is everyones favourite Beatles Lyric(s). And favourite Beatle? :smile:

In order of favourites,
1. Lennon (slightly cliche but yeah)
2. Harrison
3. McCartney, Ringo: Tied at third.
But essentially they are a fine group together.
Favourite lyrics... Hmm...
A Day in the Life lyrics are quite good.
Across the Universe decent.
I prefer their music though. The lyrics are either
1. Simple and entertaining,
2. Symbols and generally humorous
3. Gibberish (but not?)
Harrison was my favourite Beatle + my fav song = please mister postman
Reply 36
ReadySalted
Harrison was my favourite Beatle + my fav song = please mister postman

It is not by the Beatles but they did cover it.
But it's a fun song, perfect early 60s rock & roll.
Reply 37
Oh dear.. only a few days and my thread has died
Reply 38
Hey it's not dead! It was only sleeping, see? *pokes thread*

Hmm favourite Beatles songs...ok well I've always loved "Can't Buy Me Love" and really love "Something". Has anyone heard the "Concert for George" CD version of that? It's great.:biggrin:
Paul McCartney starts it off on the ukelale (I think) and then later the whole orchestra comes in :love:

"She Loves You" brings back childhood memories for me, so there's another favourite.

Oh and "Imagine" is lovely to play on the piano. If that even counts, as it's really just John Lennon...:p:
*KatyE*
Hey it's not dead! It was only sleeping, see? *pokes thread*

Hmm favourite Beatles songs...ok well I've always loved "Can't Buy Me Love" and really love "Something". Has anyone heard the "Concert for George" CD version of that? It's great.:biggrin:
Paul McCartney starts it off on the ukelale (I think) and then later the whole orchestra comes in :love:

"She Loves You" brings back childhood memories for me, so there's another favourite.

Oh and "Imagine" is lovely to play on the piano. If that even counts, as it's really just John Lennon...:p:

I think the style of Imagine is probably the most frequently copied of all piano pop songs, don't you think? I'm sure Lennon didn't do it first but there are so many examples (Angels, Roll With It...)

Quick Reply

Latest