The Student Room Group

UCAS says "This application contains errors"

I've finished filling in all the sections of my UCAS form but when i go to the View All page it says at the top "This application contains errors". However, it doesn't say where these errors are and none of the individual sections are displaying an error message, so i have no idea where the error is, or if there even is one. I remember when i looked at the View All page before i had completed the entire form it displayed this same message, but then when i looked through the sections it told me which one contained the error. However, it's not doing that this time.

One thing that i thought could possibly be causing the error is that because i'm applying to Oxford, it adds a note saying that i have to send off a separate Oxford Application Form in addition to my UCAS form, and also because i'm applying for Medicine it adds various notes under my choices saying that the BMAT / UKCAT is required for that university. However, these shouldn't be considered errors, and the text isn't green like the normal error message text is.

Any ideas? Could it just be a bug in the system?
Could just be a bug, yeah. If it's not telling you what the error is anywhere, then you can't possibly fix it; ask your teacher / referee to check it out and make sure there are no errors before it gets sent off.
Reply 2
This happened to me as well. My teacher phoned up UCAS and they said that it was something to do with a new database. Apparently they've changed the way billing schools directly works so UCAS thought the £15 application fee hadn't been paid when it had...

Anyway, they said just to ignore the message and send it on as normal. :smile:
I know it sounds silly, but on the "Choices" screen, have you put which Oxford College you want to study at? You need to do that, otherwise it will throw up an error message (I think you input it under "Campus code" or something like that).
Reply 4
ARE YOU APPLYING TO WARWICK????

If so:
Everyone at my school who is applying to Warwick got this error. You have to go to choices, reselect September 2008 as start date and then click save. This should resolve error.
Reply 5
Yeah, I have that error from Warwick too! I'm panicking a bit now cos I've only just noticed it (thanks to this thread) and my school's got my application at the moment, ready to send it off early next week. Argh!
Reply 6
tambourine
Yeah, I have that error from Warwick too! I'm panicking a bit now cos I've only just noticed it (thanks to this thread) and my school's got my application at the moment, ready to send it off early next week. Argh!

You'll be fine even if the school does send it off. As long as Warwick realise that you're applying for 2008 entry; I'm sure they're aware of the issue anyway. :biggrin:
Reply 7
Good! I thought that it might flag up and like, the application might not actually make it to them? But I'm sure that Warwick and UCAS are aware of the issue, I just had a bit of a panic before realising that yeah, this is probably the case, and I should be able to fix it anyway.

How annoying, though!
Reply 8
I know, it's done it with mine to. You'd think it would flag up a problem before you send it; I had a shock when I signed in yesterday to check it had all gone off okay. :p:
Reply 9
laura k
ARE YOU APPLYING TO WARWICK????

If so:
Everyone at my school who is applying to Warwick got this error. You have to go to choices, reselect September 2008 as start date and then click save. This should resolve error.

Same in my school. I was chatting to my careers teacher and she said that UCAS were aware of the issue and were sorting it out - it's a 'gremlin in the system' according to them.

I'm sure they will work it out in the end... :wink:
Reply 10
I'm not applying to Warwick, and i have entered the Oxford college i'm applying to. I think it must just be a bug in the system so i've just ignored it and sent the form off.

Latest

Trending

Trending