The Student Room Group

The big fat STEP megathread (NOT for getting help with maths questions)

Scroll to see replies

I'm not being difficult, but seriously, none of the links to old STEP papers are working! :frown:

It just redirects to this; http://prohosts.org/blog/

every time.

Can anyone send me a copy of the 2006 STEP 1 paper please? Pretty please?
Eek, they're not? That's a bit ****.
Does anyone by any chance have or know where I can find the 1999 STEP solutions? Thanks to anyone who helps :smile:
Reply 23
Can someone repost the STEP papers, the .tk website is down
How are the solutions coming along here? There's some good stuff so far. How much more would you say there is to go? :biggrin:
Roger Kirk
How are the solutions coming along here? There's some good stuff so far. How much more would you say there is to go? :biggrin:

I'm afraid we've slowed down drastically of late. Again, I keep promising this, but when I get back from uni I'll have loads of time to do some more work on STEP solutions. :smile:

I think we've made a good start, but we have only scratched the surface; we've done about 10-20% of the STEP solutions so far.
generalebriety
I'm afraid we've slowed down drastically of late. Again, I keep promising this, but when I get back from uni I'll have loads of time to do some more work on STEP solutions. :smile:

I think we've made a good start, but we have only scratched the surface; we've done about 10-20% of the STEP solutions so far.

Great stuff. It's a huge project, so it's brilliant that you're even attempting it! :biggrin:
generalebriety
So, not to ask a stupid question, but how do I find out on the Wiki which solutions are done/not-done? I can't see a way other than clicking on random questions.
DFranklin
So, not to ask a stupid question, but how do I find out on the Wiki which solutions are done/not-done? I can't see a way other than clicking on random questions.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/All_STEP_Solutions

The links in red haven't been transferred to the wiki, the ones in blue have. (You haven't overridden link colouring, have you? The broken links will be blank pages, the non-broken links should be full solutions...) Obviously not all of the questions have been completed, for which it's best to refer to the STEP solution threads (there should be a link in the first post in this thread, and if the respective OPs have been helpful, it should be obvious which have been completed and which haven't).

(Edit: on further inspection, it seems the actual proportion of questions done is significantly closer to 10% than to 20%...)
generalebriety
The links in red haven't been transferred to the wiki, the ones in blue have. (You haven't overridden link colouring, have you?Er, yes, looks like I have (in ocular self-defense after Acumen's secret deal with Specsavers to send us all blind).

I can see it "as designed" in IE if I really want to, so that's a possible workaround.

Thanks.
DFranklin
Er, yes, looks like I have (in ocular self-defense after Acumen's secret deal with Specsavers to send us all blind).

I can see it "as designed" in IE if I really want to, so that's a possible workaround.

Thanks.

You could just change your style sheet to underline non-broken links but not to underline broken ones (and you wouldn't miss any content anywhere that way). :smile:
Reply 32
Can't seem to find a link with past questions on that works... Looking for 1996 STEP II Paper? Any help would be appreciated...
Reply 33
Just wondering, Cambridge always claim to look at the STEP scripts to determine the suitability of students, so can or does Warwick do that?
OCC++
Just wondering, Cambridge always claim to look at the STEP scripts to determine the suitability of students, so can or does Warwick do that?

They can't and don't, as far as I know.
Reply 35
Does anybody know the marks needed for an S in STEP II and a 1 in STEPIII 2007 ? Judging by past years boundaries, I fear I was horribly close :frown:
*bobo*
Does anybody know the marks needed for an S in STEP II and a 1 in STEPIII 2007 ? Judging by past years boundaries, I fear I was horribly close :frown:
The examiners' report is here. It doesn't have grade boundaries, but it does seem to support my guestimate that the boundaries for STEP III will be roughly similar to previous years but those for STEP II will be significantly higher.

It might also be worth asking on NRICH.
Reply 37
Thank you :smile:
Have you tried asking your teacher? Mine had the grade boundaries - I was a single mark off an S...
Reply 39
So, another applications cycle, another set of STEP offers to satisfy.

Aside from the STEP papers available from Dr Siklos's website, are there any currently working websites which have newer/older papers? I'm not quite sure I want to get them through the school - the last time I ordered papers, they charged me for it!

Quick Reply

Latest