The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 240
artcrazy
hi guys i got a call from a lady at tesco's regarding my application and i have to go in for an 'assesment' does anyone know what exactly happens so that i can be prepared!
tnx guys

What job have you applied for?
Reply 241
i applied for 'Day Replenishment - Customer Assistant' and i think checkout would be part of that. oh and another quick question did you have to wear smart/smart casual clothes? because my appointment is straight after school!
Reply 242
artcrazy
i applied for 'Day Replenishment - Customer Assistant' and i think checkout would be part of that. oh and another quick question did you have to wear smart/smart casual clothes? because my appointment is straight after school!

Dress as smartly as you can.
hey all,
i used to work for tesco, i worked for them for 2 years, but i got diagnosed with depression while i worked for them and i was off sick for 2months and in the end i was moving to uni and with me being ill i thought the best thing to do was leave, so i left last august.
im now looking for a job, i applied to go back to tesco i had the interview and everything, and they said they would let me no if i have or havent got the job within 10 days..today is the 10th day and i havent heard anything..and im thinking if tesco dont want to employee me who will?
im just worried [the store is a new one and hasnt opened yet]
Reply 244
lol there there its best you dont work at tesco im leaving too terrible place :smile:
Reply 245
bubblerawk
hey all,
i used to work for tesco, i worked for them for 2 years, but i got diagnosed with depression while i worked for them and i was off sick for 2months and in the end i was moving to uni and with me being ill i thought the best thing to do was leave, so i left last august.
im now looking for a job, i applied to go back to tesco i had the interview and everything, and they said they would let me no if i have or havent got the job within 10 days..today is the 10th day and i havent heard anything..and im thinking if tesco dont want to employee me who will?
im just worried [the store is a new one and hasnt opened yet]

Just phone them up then and ask. Simple.
Hey is it too late to apply 4 a xmas job? how much do they pay? xx
Reply 247
6.10 to 7.05 depending on your location lol
yeah thats the thing i phoned them twice yesterday and they said they would ring me back but they didnt..
should i ring them again today?
Reply 249
xX_Gina_Xx
Hey is it too late to apply 4 a xmas job? how much do they pay? xx

i bascially asked at my local store if they had vacancies and the people on the desk kept saying no (useless)

so i went on the site printed off the genral application form and handed it in the store and i got a call 2 days l8r saying i've got an interview/assesment! which btw is 2day ahhhhhhhh :eek:
so it shouldn't be 2 l8 for a xmas job as their always emplying ppl year round!:rolleyes:
good luck:smile:
Reply 250
easy getting a job there, my managers always askin me 2 get people to work there for him, anyone want a job at a tesco in bham let me know theres 3 jobs!
i got an interview at sainburys so i'll be a tesco rival from now on!! LOL
Reply 252
Ive applied to so many Tescos around me, none of them have ever replied. I went to Tesco near my uni a few weeks ago and gave the manager my details. He phoned me a week later saying they're recruiting so I should send in a form. I sent one in, but havent heard anything. I want to phone them up but waht should I say? Sorry for lack of paragrpahs, Im in a hurry. thanks in advance! :smile: :smile:
Have you sent both a form and a CV?? That's what I did to get my job, mind you I hated it passionately.
I gave my app form into the little Tesco express next to my house a few weeks ago, but they weren't advertising. Always preferred Tesco tbh, because I shop at Tesco, and wouldn't mind the discount! lol Might have to swap to Sainsburys once I get the discount card. x
no employer wil reply they bastards
Reply 256
hello and you dont want to work at tesco i hate it on a gap year working there so im quitting and working at asda and orange, But the job title you should always put down is ''general assitant'' as this covers all areas and your more likely to get a job but they usually have a set time when there recruiting. As the next recruitment drive for our tesco is in february i hope this helps but keep sending out applications one will reply soon enough.
Reply 257
My Sainsbury's isn't bad, I just don't particularly like my line manager/boss. She's not very nice... but most places have had their Christmas period recruitment drive, I understand that my branch of Sainsburys has 19 people to train prior to that Christmas temps period which starts next weekend for us and they're training all those people from that drive this very weekend (Friday-Sunday)

If you can get online applications in anywhere then you stand a better chance of hearing that:
1) your application has been received
2) your application has been successful/rejected

Hope that helps.

Best ones for online apps I've found are: McDonald's, Sainsbury's, Orange, Carphone Warehouse and anything in the Currys/PC World group...
Juggy123
hello and you dont want to work at tesco i hate it on a gap year working there so im quitting and working at asda and orange, But the job title you should always put down is ''general assitant'' as this covers all areas and your more likely to get a job but they usually have a set time when there recruiting. As the next recruitment drive for our tesco is in february i hope this helps but keep sending out applications one will reply soon enough.

Tbh my mate used to work for Tesco, bt in a chemist attached to it, they used to ship out scripts to them, she said they are terrible to work for. Tried ripping her off with her maternity leave, she would never work for them again. Guess ive just got a soft spot for them because of the one next to my house, some of the staff have been there yrs and are lovely.
I was lucky to get the online shopper one then at Sainsburys? I am curious to know if there was anyone else went for it, or just me x
Reply 259
I couldn't say... whereabouts in Berkshire are you, Spazzycazzy? Hahaha great name... PM me, we can talk more about Sainsbury's life if you like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending