The Student Room Group

Study medicine in Prague

Hey guys.

After 2 re-apps to the UCAS and got NO each time I initiated a search for med. univ in EU. And I found Charles univ in Prague cause I got sick and tired after retaking subj. from my A-levels.

The back side of it is that it costs 7500 punds a year, but it is a fair price if anybody has been to this place.

We are about 150 foreign students where round about 70 are norweigan stud.

If anybody feels thats alot of money you also have Bratislava Univ with dentistry and Medicine to 5800 punds a year.

So if any body wants some info about how to apply just contact me on [email protected]

Thnx guys
just heard some people saying no advised to go to prague, but I don't really understand why!
just out of interest minniehahahaya minniehahahaya , why do u need 6A's to go to Medsim?
darkenergy
just out of interest minniehahahaya minniehahahaya , why do u need 6A's to go to Medsim?

I was wondering that as well.

Perhaps he means that he was told at medsim that you needed 6 A's to apply for nottingham.
oh i see. Nottingham was too big :frown: had to walk for half an hour to get to another building .... :mad:
darkenergy

:eek: ooops, it's medicane...medicine...my friend told me it spelled medism a month ago... and I thought that was it...
I was told that medical schools require more than 6As in GCSE grades, but as I am doing Yr 11 and Yr12 at the same year, I could only do 6...
why are you doing year 11 and year 12 at the same time? Is it to get inot university a year early? Are you resitting due to illness? what?

Most med schools ask for a variety of subjects though. Well rounded student etc...
ThePenguinMafia
why are you doing year 11 and year 12 at the same time? Is it to get inot university a year early? Are you resitting due to illness? what?

Most med schools ask for a variety of subjects though. Well rounded student etc...

I am an oversea student (which makes even harder), and studied a year in a language school...(couldn't speak a word of English when I came), and I had a back operation as well... everything just doesn't work well :frown:
minniehahahaya
I am an oversea student (which makes even harder), and studied a year in a language school...(couldn't speak a word of English when I came), and I had a back operation as well... everything just doesn't work well :frown:

They sound like mitigating circumstances to me. Just ask the uni about it... they'll know more about their own admissions.
Reply 9
minniehahahaya
just heard some people saying no advised to go to prague, but I don't really understand why!

Hey

Yes it is true that the medical and dental programs in the pre-clinical periode are some sort of sealing processes since, only the best of the best go further.

I am in Prague, but for my second your I am going to Bratislava (the nabouring country and Univ. since they DO NOT HAVE THIS SYSTEM) so for my sac I will garantued complete my Medical Degree.

Prague has case studing like in UK, but that demands alot of hours of self studing...everything is according to the given standards of a good Univ, but the problem is if you dont study atleast 8 hours a day, sorry then this is a one way road.

Bratislava is a better Univ since you dont have to GIVE 110% all the time, like hundreds of other student, but without knowing if they will be accepted the next year.

I retok my grades, but finaly gave up and applied throug an agency called European Medical services, who help me decide what to do (free of charge) who are going to help me transfer to Bratislava.

To you who dont like Prague I would recommend Bratislava Univ, like I am going to, since I cant and wont study 10 hours a day! (the first 2 years dont matter since the medical part of the education is the last 4 years called the clinical part!!!)

Thanx

Shahzad Khan
Reply 10
Prague is fairly easy to get into if you have the money. The bonus is that as it's now an EU country you don't have to take the PLAB anymore to enter pratice in the UK...

The major 'downside' to the course is that you have to learn Czech (an absolute requirement for the clinical part of the course). It's not an easy language to grasp, and if you don't have the sort of brain that copes with learning languages you might come unstuck...) You have to be fully fluent by the end of the 1st year else 9/10 it's bye, bye... for that 10% - they get until the end of 2nd year...
Oh my god....It sounds well scary, I am not thinking of going to Prague, just thought it might be one of the option...but now, have to consider more about it, ha.
Haven't heard of Bratislava, what does the course about?
Reply 12
Hi, this is my account, but my brother assed around on it for a while, i am starting 1st year med in E Europe this year, and infact i have a friend in his 6th year in prague, CZ, if you want me to get you intouch, drop me an email
Reply 13
well, Czech unis are known for putting too much stress on memorising data... if you don't mind this, you'll do fine (but for me it's a reason to applyabroad :wink: )

Latest