The Student Room Group

Boobs, Lingerie & Bra Questions Thread (Continued)

Scroll to see replies

They only stock Freya in 28 backs.
*River
Guys, does John Lewis stock any 28 backs?

freya
fantasie
some of their own range

andddd elle machpherson do a 30 back but do fit 28 backs
I thought Fantasie and their own range only started at a 30?
Reply 83
I got fitted at Bravissimo the other week but didn't have enough money to buy a bra so I'm going to get one tomorrow. Thing is, in the store I went to they seemed to only have about 3 sizes of each bra - do you have to order them in or do they keep the different sizes somewhere else? Also when you're buying a bra do you just try the bra on yourself or do they check to see if it fits properly?
Reply 84
Does anybody else find the La Senza fabrics really nasty?
Reply 85
Amy***
I got fitted at Bravissimo the other week but didn't have enough money to buy a bra so I'm going to get one tomorrow. Thing is, in the store I went to they seemed to only have about 3 sizes of each bra - do you have to order them in or do they keep the different sizes somewhere else? Also when you're buying a bra do you just try the bra on yourself or do they check to see if it fits properly?

Sometimes they've had the size I want in, sometimes they don't. Usually they'll only have a couple on show but they have quite a large stockroom full of the other sizes so make sure you ask if you can't see your size. Once I've been fitted, I tend to try them on myself and only ask them to check if I don't think it looks quite right. They won't insist on checking though.

*River
Does anybody else find the La Senza fabrics really nasty?

I used to quite like some of La Senza's stuff - some of the fabric in their older styles was really nice. I can't wear any of it now though so can't really comment on the fabrics now :p:
Reply 86
Hygeia
I used to quite like some of La Senza's stuff - some of the fabric in their older styles was really nice. I can't wear any of it now though so can't really comment on the fabrics now

They barely do any in my size (although this is my guestamation as I haven't managed to get to Bravissimo or JL to get fitted yet) but they're all such stiff synthetic-y fabrics with really stiff wires :frown:.
Reply 87
Bleugh I got measured as a 28E today and all of the stuff they had in that size was gross. I want pretty underwear :frown:.
*River
Bleugh I got measured as a 28E today and all of the stuff they had in that size was gross. I want pretty underwear :frown:.

I'm a 28E too. Where did you get fitted? Bravissimo's the best place in terms of selection - they've got some pretty flowery bras in for summer, if you like that style.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie?back=28

In La Senza, a 30E in their Girly and Gorgeous range is a 28E, the back is really tight. (It's actually tighter than 28s from Freya and Panache.) Search for 30E on the site, it's the ones that are this shape:

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/ddbras/girly-and-gorgeous/level3.aspx?d=21&collection=3&style=699477&product=01000788m&img=D708_11

There's Figleaves too.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiseranswered.asp?searchhandle=A%253dbra%257eB%253dbra%257eD%253d12%257eG%253d4060%255e2%257eK%253d4%257eL%253d1%257eM%253d90%257eN%253d2%257e&answerhandle=3890&answerhandleback=3912&originalquery=&answer=3890&answer=1&answer=1&answer=1&answer=1
Reply 89
Meltdown30
I'm a 28E too. Where did you get fitted? Bravissimo's the best place in terms of selection - they've got some pretty flowery bras in for summer, if you like that style.

http://www.bravissimo.com/products/lingerie?back=28

In La Senza, a 30E in their Girly and Gorgeous range is a 28E, the back is really tight. (It's actually tighter than 28s from Freya and Panache.) Search for 30E on the site, it's the ones that are this shape:

http://www.lasenza.co.uk/ddbras/girly-and-gorgeous/level3.aspx?d=21&collection=3&style=699477&product=01000788m&img=D708_11

There's Figleaves too.

http://www.figleaves.com/uk/nsf/qwiseranswered.asp?searchhandle=A%253dbra%257eB%253dbra%257eD%253d12%257eG%253d4060%255e2%257eK%253d4%257eL%253d1%257eM%253d90%257eN%253d2%257e&answerhandle=3890&answerhandleback=3912&originalquery=&answer=3890&answer=1&answer=1&answer=1&answer=1

John Lewis.

I think I'm the fussiest underwear-buyer in Britain. I've got very sensitive skin and things that are rough, such as lace, give me rashes, so I've learnt to go for moulded bras. I pootled along to Bravissimo too but I didn't see anything I liked enough to part with ~£30 for. Once my loan comes in, I think I'll invest in some Bravissimo stuff. La Senza I went to didn't have any 30Es in stock, but I'm going to go to another branch tomorrow as I'm wearing 30DDs at the moment and they're digging into my shoulders badly and constantly feel like they're falling down (I'm pretty sure that pulling your bra up in public is a bit of a no-no).
*River
John Lewis.

I think I'm the fussiest underwear-buyer in Britain. I've got very sensitive skin and things that are rough, such as lace, give me rashes, so I've learnt to go for moulded bras. I pootled along to Bravissimo too but I didn't see anything I liked enough to part with ~£30 for. Once my loan comes in, I think I'll invest in some Bravissimo stuff. La Senza I went to didn't have any 30Es in stock, but I'm going to go to another branch tomorrow as I'm wearing 30DDs at the moment and they're digging into my shoulders badly and constantly feel like they're falling down (I'm pretty sure that pulling your bra up in public is a bit of a no-no).

You definitely get what you pay for in Bravissimo - all the bras I have from there are brilliant quality. I've had mine for over a year and a half and they still fit like new. (Just make sure to hand wash, machines ruin bras!)

Did you ask the staff in La Senza or did you just check on the rack? They usually don't have any on display but they're often in the store.

The John Lewis in Glasgow only stocks a limited range of Freya, mainly the ugly frumpy bras! I wasn't impressed when I went!
Reply 91
Meltdown30
You definitely get what you pay for in Bravissimo - all the bras I have from there are brilliant quality. I've had mine for over a year and a half and they still fit like new. (Just make sure to hand wash, machines ruin bras!)

Did you ask the staff in La Senza or did you just check on the rack? They usually don't have any on display but they're often in the store.

The John Lewis in Glasgow only stocks a limited range of Freya, mainly the ugly frumpy bras! I wasn't impressed when I went!

Thanks :smile:. I was in the Oxford Street branch of John Lewis - they had some horribly frumpy stuff that not even my mother would touch, but also some quite cute stuff that I tried on (and fit really well). That's good to hear about Bravissimo- I don't mind forking out for stuff if it'll last. I didn't have very long in La Senza today, and they only had one bra in a 30E that I could try and it was both extremely padded and horribly uncomfortable. Hopefully tomorrow will yield some better results.
Reply 92
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knew places that did cheap and supportive swimwear? I'm a 30FF so can't find anything anywhere that's not about £30 for the top at least :s: !
Reply 93
Beckieee
Hi all,

Was just wondering if anyone knew places that did cheap and supportive swimwear? I'm a 30FF so can't find anything anywhere that's not about £30 for the top at least !

Bravissimo have a few things in their sale in the right size (some definitely cheaper than others though!)
looking for some sexy underwear in size 30G, i'm thinking matching set bra, knickers and suspenders any idea?
Reply 97
I had a fun experience in La Senza today. Those shop assistants should not be allowed near bras. I asked if they had any 30Es in the stockroom, and firstly she denied they did anything in a 30 back, which I know for a fact isn't true. She then went to look to see if I had any 30Es, and reappeared with some 32Es, saying it would be "the same" as a 30E. FAIL.
*River
I had a fun experience in La Senza today. Those shop assistants should not be allowed near bras. I asked if they had any 30Es in the stockroom, and firstly she denied they did anything in a 30 back, which I know for a fact isn't true. She then went to look to see if I had any 30Es, and reappeared with some 32Es, saying it would be "the same" as a 30E. FAIL.

and this is why you should never go to la senza...

im still after bra fitting reviews people!! see the OP
Reply 99
Subcutaneous
and this is why you should never go to la senza...

im still after bra fitting reviews people!! see the OP

She asked if I'd like to be fitted there. Needless to say I declined . JL is much better!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending