The Student Room Group

OCR Chemistry A F322 Chains, Energy and Resources Wed 23 May 2012

Didn’t see any threads on this exam so thought I’ll make one :biggrin: any revision tips or just general thoughts on the exam please post. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

I'm not looking forward to this exam-anyone else started revising yet? I hate organic chemistry stuff :confused:
Reply 2
ive kind of started revising for this. i flopped the first exam im gonna have to resit that :frown:
Reply 3
Hey!
This website has notes for each topic for the OCR Chemistry A F322
Good luck with the jan exam results and revison for this exam!
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm
Original post by med123
Hey!
This website has notes for each topic for the OCR Chemistry A F322
Good luck with the jan exam results and revison for this exam!
http://www.knockhardy.org.uk/sci.htm

i'll second that! deffo also recommend chemguide.co.uk, absolutely essential for a level students ! hope this helps, though im sure many of you know it already :smile:
only just started revising, definitely going to be one of my worst exams. never really got to grips with it from the beginning! hopefully some intensive revision over the next two months will help! good luck to everyone else :smile:
revision tips?! we're only like a third of the way through the syllabus :colonhash:
Reply 7
:bump:
This is a quiet thread...how's everyone's revision getting on? :biggrin:
Original post by LilithSternin
This is a quiet thread...how's everyone's revision getting on? :biggrin:

modules 1-3 nearly finished, hopefully in the next week or so. reallly not looking forward to revising resources :| in class we had to do presentations on it which I paid no attention to at all...hows yours going?
I've sort of finished all of F322. Just need to solidfy everything now and make sure I know all the definitions. The only problem is the longer questions. x_x The explanation question and the 10 marks are a b*tch.
Reply 11
Covered about 90% of the content in class, have done 2 past papers so far which seemed to have gone reasonably well, we still have over a month until the exam I don't understand why people are dropping the marbles just yet.
Original post by freedomyak
Covered about 90% of the content in class, have done 2 past papers so far which seemed to have gone reasonably well, we still have over a month until the exam I don't understand why people are dropping the marbles just yet.

I have a mock exam on monday. So I basically had to cover all f322 in this holiday. I just finished and did a past paper under exam conditions, and I got a D. So I'm sh*tting it for monday as I don't think I can make a big difference in 2 days.
I've covered a lot of the content but not all, I'm resitting this exam from last year though and I already feel a lot more confident than I did last year (mind you, I got a U in this paper last year)...so we'll see!
Reply 14
I'm resitting this exam from this January. I think I am definitely well more prepared than I was before.
Original post by Prestoria
I'm resitting this exam from this January. I think I am definitely well more prepared than I was before.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in january? Any tips on those sitting it for the first time? Thanks!
Reply 16
I just started revsion for this exam. I'm feeling confide t [^.^]
Reply 17
Original post by needtosucceed=)
If you don't mind me asking, what did you get in january? Any tips on those sitting it for the first time? Thanks!

I failed the exam, partly due to my late entrance to the course and due to other extenuating circumstances.

Tips on sitting it the first time.. Well, you have to make sure you know all of your definitions by heart, because there are quite a few in the paper which are worth a decent amount of marks. You need to know everything in the specification - if you haven't done so, read through it. The examiner cannot set a question that's not in the specification. My big advice is to do lots and lots of past papers, because once you do them, you'll begin to see a pattern in the questions the examiner sets and the kind of answers you'll need to write, so you'll know what to do in the actual exam.

Make sure that for the long questions, you write in a clear, concise way. I use bullet points rather than full sentences (unless to define a key term) to explain the answer, which makes it structured. But that doesn't work for everyone, so do what is best for you.
Original post by Prestoria
I failed the exam, partly due to my late entrance to the course and due to other extenuating circumstances.

Tips on sitting it the first time.. Well, you have to make sure you know all of your definitions by heart, because there are quite a few in the paper which are worth a decent amount of marks. You need to know everything in the specification - if you haven't done so, read through it. The examiner cannot set a question that's not in the specification. My big advice is to do lots and lots of past papers, because once you do them, you'll begin to see a pattern in the questions the examiner sets and the kind of answers you'll need to write, so you'll know what to do in the actual exam.

Make sure that for the long questions, you write in a clear, concise way. I use bullet points rather than full sentences (unless to define a key term) to explain the answer, which makes it structured. But that doesn't work for everyone, so do what is best for you.

Yea I always use the specification as i'm going through each chapter in the textbook, makes everything a lot clearer. As for definitions, i'm pretty good at them, we're constantly (on a weekly basis) being tested on definitions from both units so i'll be alright with that hopefully! (i'm sitting f321 in june too)
I've had a look at some past papers and yes, questions are constantly repeated. Hopefully this june's paper they follow the same structure! Thanks for the tips and good luck!
Original post by freedomyak

I'm cacking myself for this exam because it's my SECOND resit :frown: already tried this exam twice and got 2 Es. And it's not that I'm not trying because I got a B for my first A2 exam this January. I guess the content of F322 just isn't going in :cry2:

Quick Reply