The Student Room Group

Are hot pants too short/slutty?

Hey guys, I just got some high waisted denim shorts (as I'm into the vintage '50's beach look) but I'm worried they are going to be too short. Is it a slutty look? Because I want to look cute but not slutty.

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&langId=-1&storeId=12556&catalogId=33057&parent_categoryId=&categoryId=&productId=4629214

They come up to me on the same place as the mannequin. Since England is a chilly place, I'll probably where them with black 30 dernier tights, but I would like to wear them bare legged in the summer.

I want to dress like this http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://photos.posh24.com/p/903766/z/style_tips/alexa_chung_denim_shorts_shirt.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.posh24.com/photo/551734/alexa_chung_denim_shorts_shirt&h=1290&w=968&sz=165&tbnid=4iflwulxfzeQoM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=70&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dalexa%2Bchung%2Bshorts%26tbm%3Disch%26tbo%3Du&zoom=1&q=alexa+chung+shorts&docid=I3ZfZmCtVEFJ_M&sa=X&ei=dyVjT6z8OajA0QXE2cSLCA&ved=0CDAQ9QEwAA&dur=2

I am a size 10 btw and have an athletic build with toned legs, but not pin thin legs. And the shorts aren't that tight on me.

Any advice or opinions on the shorts! <3

p.s. I haven't put up pictures of myself wearing the shorts because I want a general opinion of if people think short shorts are slutty, not the thread to be a body fascist thread on my body and weight (also I'm not an extreme example, i.e. a fat girl trying to wear shorts)

Scroll to see replies

If you want to wear them, then wear them. :sexface:

They aren't terribly slutty at all...
If you're asking this question, you obviously don't have the confidence to wear them (and probably never will). Plenty wear them and I doubt they care about trivials things like this.
But they don't even look that short at all? Actually in my opinion they look a bit longer than some shorts girls wear these days. But I also agree with the above person.

EDIT: Sorry, I just realised that they're high waisted so maybe that's why they look a bit 'longer'. But even so what I said still KINDA goes really. Lots of girls wear shorts at that length so it's no big deal.
(edited 12 years ago)
As long as your bum isn't hanging out (one of my pet hates) wear your shorts with pride.

The high waisted, loose blouse style is nice and I'd wear it if I had the legs.
With tights they are OK, with no tights I think they are slutty. This is just my opinion and of course not the opinion of every man but I prefer women who are more modestly dressed.
Reply 6
Original post by Wilfred Little
With tights they are OK, with no tights I think they are slutty. This is just my opinion and of course not the opinion of every man but I prefer women who are more modestly dressed.

^This. :smile:
it all depends what you wear it with, i like the blouse idea mentioned, but just dont have short shorts, and a tight boob showing top, :smile: (i like the shorts btw, wish i could carry them off! think its time for me to start hitting the gym lol )
Reply 8
Wear what the **** you feel like wearing. Sod the idiots that would consider it 'slutty'.
Reply 9
No, they're hot, it's in the name. They'd be called slutty pants otherwise.

Gotta love it when the hot pants come out in summer!
Reply 10
don't worry they look fine
Reply 11
Are hot pants too short/slutty?

Never :sexface:
Original post by Pi!
Wear what the **** you feel like wearing. Sod the idiots that would consider it 'slutty'.

I like the idea behind this post but why are people who consider it slutty "idiots"? They are no more idiotic than those who don't consider it slutty, it's opinion.

And she posted a thread asking for opinions, so we should give her them.

I agree with wearing what you want though.
Reply 13
Original post by Pi!

+1
Reply 14
Personally, I don't like them as I don't think they're very respectable, however you're an individual so just wear what you like (within reason) confidently.
I'm sure you'll look great in them as long as you wear them with a smile
:biggrin:
If you feel comfortable in them, wear them. I personally think they look nice.
I like the idea behind this post but why are people who consider it slutty "idiots"? They are no more idiotic than those who don't consider it slutty, it's opinion.

And she posted a thread asking for opinions, so we should give her them.

I agree with wearing what you want though.

Because "slutty" is an idiotic word
Original post by animalnitrate
Because "slutty" is an idiotic word

Look at the thread title again.
Look at the thread title again.

It's still an idiotic word

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending